[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The new Chrome/ium is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: t5yjwmlkrjbcjcwpxtxa.jpg (56 KB, 636x231) Image search: [Google]
t5yjwmlkrjbcjcwpxtxa.jpg
56 KB, 636x231
The new Google Chrome/Chromium (M49/M50) is shit. Its chock full of useless and annoying changes that feel like they were done by tinkering designers who can never leave well enough alone.

Thank you Chrome team for:
* The ugly material design buttons and animations everywhere
* Reducing the number of visible extensions, so I have to go to chrome://extensions/ manually every single time to make any changes
* Obnoxious Material Design layout for Downloads page which shows FIVE downloads on my FULLSCREEN 1920x1080 window. THERE IS LITERALLY 3X AS MUCH EMPTY SPACE ON THE SCREEN COMPARED TO AREA THAT PROVIDES A FUNCTION OR INFORMATION
* DISGUSTING, NAUSEA INDUCING SMOOTH SCROLLING

I swear to god, these design-happy animation tween motion UI loving hipster fags need to be fired and given jobs where they fucking belong: In a motherfucking starbucks

Fuck Google. Jesus christ almighty I hope Servo is stable soon because I can't take much more of this pile of garbage.
>>
You can turn every one of those off in flags, why you bitchin?
>>
"I'm too retarded to configure my software."
FTFY
>>
>>53632028
you mean that 20 page long page without search function and tiny text?
>>
File: 1416191496899.jpg (311 KB, 900x1575) Image search: [Google]
1416191496899.jpg
311 KB, 900x1575
>>53632089
>Can't ctrl+f

Lomo
>>
>>53632089
ctrl f you nigger
>>
>>53632071
Thanks fambly

>>53632028
>>53632074
Because flags are TEMPORARY and they will eventually be removed. Just read what the Google devs wrote in response to people telling them to provide an option to disable Smooth Scrolling -- it amounted to:

>"No, fuck the users. Not only are we not going to provide an option to disable smooth scrolling, we're making it clear that it will only be in flags temporarily"

>https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/48oahd/the_chrome_team_is_delighted_to_announce_the/d0le3oh

and

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!msg/chromium-dev/UhE1rxzhkkk/fxUQqTWRDQAJ
>>
>>53632028
flags aren't permanent options, the option to disable smooth scrolling with be removed from flags eventually, probably sooner than later
>>
Indeed.

Safari has an excellent design, doesn't choke on webpages, everything is consistent about it. With smoothscroll, the smooth scrolling is actually good.
>>
Mouse wheel scrolling is discrete, scrolling everywhere else on the PC is discrete, who the fuck thought it was a good idea?
>>
>>53632127
>reddit

What are you, fuckin' gay?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.