[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I literally know nothing about tablets I need a pc for uni but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 486x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 486x303
I literally know nothing about tablets

I need a pc for uni but something like a chinkpad isn't fast enough to take out of my bag and start using.

Something like pic related looks good. I just want it for pdf and word. Maybe to play hearthstone every now and again.

What's the g approved tablet? Don't want any of that Mac or android shit
>>
Thinly veiled Windows Tablet shill thread?
>>
>>53630892
I always thought tablets were shit because
>hur dur just use a laptop

I never realised you can run a full os on one!
>>
They are really good for consuming shit, I have one too.
But they completely suck if you want to write texts, even if you attach one of the many shitty keyboard for it

Just get a thinkpad X series and use hibernate, just like the tablets do. And there are even thinkpads with touchscreens so you can basically use them as tablets.
>>
>>53630946
>>53630863
If you really get one,then make sure that you're getting an intel one and not an ARM one, those can't run any applications and don't get updates any more
>>
>I need a PC for school
>but fuck that, I'd rather have a tablet
sounds like you're off to a great start. I'd go with the tablet, taking out a laptop and opening it up and pressing the power button really drains my energy, since I'm a lazy fat fucking american
>>
Do you guys like the chuwi? I'm watching a review video and it looks pretty neat
>>
>>53630946
>>53630986

I would like to interject. Windows Tablets are shit tablets because there are almost no programs optimized for touchscreen use and the actual appstore is a fucking joke. Also they suck at being laptops because they have to use shit specs for it to also function as a tablet. If you think your Windows-install is slow try running it on 2 gb and a downclocked intel cpu
>>
Well you've got traditional Android/iOS tablets, which are really big phones for apps and games. And then you've got Windows tablets, which are laptops without keyboards (Or detachable keyboards).

That's all there is to it OP.
>>
>>53631481
So I should just stick with my chinkpad until they develop faster tablets?
>>
>>53630863
>I need a pc for uni

Nigga there are pcs at the uni just buy an iphone and ps4 with your loan money that's what I did be smart don't be a retard.

You really planning to do work and shit in your hall? Fuck that do drugs take sluts make fun of gay clubs men who wear make up get aware wake up.
>>
>>53630993
I want one too, but for me I want one for field work. Something with gps tracking down to 50cm grid squares that's waterproof, drop/shockproof, capable of running basic 2000s era programs or earlier and with a 12-16hour usable battery life.

And thin if possible, but batteries...... Any ideas?
>>
>>53631441
an x86 tablet on windows 10 is usually pretty good for basic use. ARM on windows is utter shit though
>>
>>53631725
http://business.panasonic.com/toughpad/US/fanless-business-rugged-toughpad-q1.html
the closest you'll get
>>
>>53631742
>an x86 tablet on windows 10 is usually pretty good for basic use

I own two. Both have shitty shitty batteries. I would not recommend getting one.

And if you do, do NOT upgrade it winmeme 10. 8.1 is a great tabletOS, leagues better than fucking 10.
>>
>>53631774
That's actually not too bad. Thanks anon.

I was almost going to buy a toughbook but I'll check these out.
>>
I have a Samsung ATIV Tab 3 from long, long ago.

What a load of shit. The only good thing about it was the weight. I wish I could install linux on it.
>>
File: DSC_0959-624x413[1].jpg (97 KB, 624x413) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0959-624x413[1].jpg
97 KB, 624x413
I bought one with a Bay Trail processor and 2 Gb of RAM. Upgraded to Windows 10 and works like a charm.

I play doom and fuck around with sketchup when im free at work.
>>
>>53631672
Just do this
>>53630960
>>
>>53632319
No, I don't want to be like you
>>
>>53630863
It's not /g/ approved but try the Asus Transformer T100 or whatever newer model they might have. It's great for casual use, has a long ass battery life (10 hours or so easily) and will handle office fine. Hearthstone you might have to set to low for it to be playable but I don't know. There's also tablets with the Intel Core M processors which are more powerful than the Intel Atoms that you could look into
>>
>isn't fast enough to take out of my bag and start using

what the fuck does that even mean? no matter what you purchase it will take the same amount of time to remove and place on a table
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.