[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doesn't like Windows 10 because Microsoft is evil and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 4
File: 1399370932652.jpg (17 KB, 501x406) Image search: [Google]
1399370932652.jpg
17 KB, 501x406
>doesn't like Windows 10 because Microsoft is evil and spies on you
>still uses Windows 7
Why? Seriously, Windows 7 users are the most pathetic people on the planet. (Unless you're forced by your job or something) So you don't want to switch to Windows 10 because of privacy or whatever, but you think Windows 7 is a-ok? Why are you using Windows at all? Why are you still using software made by a company you don't like? Microsoft has shown repeatedly that they don't give a crap about the individual consumer and yet you're still using Windows!
>>
If you have a UEFI PC (everybody), then you have backdoors built in regardless.
>>
I'm not, I moved to OS X from Windows 7 because I didn't want to deal with Windows "failed abortion" 8.
>>
>>53626688
Proud Windows 7 user here, go fuck yourself poojeet.

>and your shitstained opinions too
>>
>>53626742
I'm arguing against Windows you retard. The point is that Windows 7 users are hypocrits, they derive a false sense of superiority for not upgrading to 10 yet still can't get Microsoft's dick out of their mouth completely.
>>
Windows 7 at least won't have big brother delete my warez while I'm taking a shit
>>
>>53626769
No, you are arguing against windows users, not windows.
I am still on 7 because ive noticed a lot of networking and driver problems on windows 10 (which i use at work) and i do not like it. Looks cool though.
If you connect to the internet, people can see your stuff. You isp, your VPN that you pay for, the websites that you go to.
Don't make these shitty threads.

*triggering intensifies*
>>
>>53626769
Because Windows 7 harkens back to when Microsoft was less evil than google, and really is the best version to-date. Hypocrite you say? perhaps, but no less so than most ganuu users.
>>
Because I don't care whether the company gives a crap about me or not, I just don't want them spying on me. Windows 7 is a great OS.
>>
>>53626831
weird, all my warez is still there on my windows 10 install. I must have been lucky or you are probably just another windows 7 retard
>>
>>53626831
>warez

skiddie faggot detected
>>
File: 1458166675662.png (12 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1458166675662.png
12 KB, 246x200
>>53626885
>uses Windows spyware/adware 10
>calls 7 users retards

where does the poo go, Nadella?
>>
Windows 10 being filled with spyware shouldn't be the only reason to switch to something else. Mainly because switching to OSX or a linux distro won't give you the safety you're looking for, just a placebo effect. Unless, of course, you're willing to stop using internet.
>>
>>53626875
>Microsoft was less evil than google
lol
>>
File: 1308747509909.jpg (26 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
1308747509909.jpg
26 KB, 344x345
>>53626688
>but you think Windows 7 is a-ok?
It's pretty much a fact that it is. Unless you can provide proof proving otherwise.
>Why are you using Windows at all?
Work, some programs like Photoshop, and gayming.
>Why are you still using software made by a company you don't like?
I am using software made by a company during the period that i did like it.
The future development of the company doesn't affect my use of a product preceding its changes.
>Microsoft has shown repeatedly that they don't give a crap about the individual consumer
And i don't give a crap about Windows 10 and wont upgrade to it ever.

Really OP, i don't understand what you are trying to accomplish with your post.
Nobody will upgrade to Windows 10.
Nobody will stop using Windows 7.
The only thing you are doing is making someone like me waste 30 seconds of their time writing this reply and getting a little irritated at having to do it.

If you are on some grand social justice voyage of exposing your butthurt over people not acting out your ideal views, then i'll surrender and proclaim you the winner OP. Congratulations on achieving something, and nothing, at the same time.
>>
>>53626688
Practicality
>but principles

Take your lame ass boycotts and shove them where you keep your dragon dildos, hippie.
>>
>>53626885
by warez he means cp
>>
>>53626886
gb2reddit pls
>>
>>53626976
Never been, never will, but I'm sure they miss you right about now.
>>
>>53626688
k
>>
>>53626688
This is what you call a false dilemma, retard. Not every windows 7 user doesn't upgrade because of m-muh /x/ conspiracy.
>>
I would agree to an extent. Windows 7 has many backdoors already, requires updates to be secure which I'm plenty sure people who are trying to avoid telemetry and such are skipping as well, has poor scaling, lacks features from later versions (like proper window tiling over multi monitor setups) and newer hardware is pretty much trying to ditch its support.

Instead of using Windows, since I don't care that much about games -but- I still require Adobe CS6 tools, I'm jumping between hackintosh and multiple distros just to see where I can find the most comfort. I get to update my system, I get things I don't have on Windows (though it's mostly aesthetical) and frankly, I don't care that much about being "spied on" myself.
>>
what about windows 8.1?
>>
>>53627040
Adobe PS CS6 has a Platinum rating on Wine
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25607
>>
My fetish is being spied on
Every night I blow a load to almighty Microsoft for letting this happen, for FREE
>>
>>53626831
>Government deletes your files instead of C&D
>>
I'm just avoiding Windows 10 out of spite bacuse they're pushing it so hard.
>>
My problem comes from the fact that the start menu in Windows 10 somehow manages to be less functional than 7, or even the reskins for 8.1.

>Type
>It searches
>Stop typing and delete the text
>Try typing again
>It doesn't search

>Go to All Programs section
>Go back
>Type
>Doesn't search

It's oversights like this that make me think it's poorly made. And when they're so eager to give licenses away? That fucking screams 'We're making more money off the data we're harvesting from you than your license is worth', and that's an uncomfortable thought.
>>
>>53627122
also this
>open start menu
>fuck around with the tiles
>start typing
>nothing happens
>>
>>53627122
What's even worse is
>every single keypress you enter into the Search menu, it sends data to Microsoft
FOR EVERY
SINGLE
FUCKING
KEYPRESS
>>
>>53627071

Everything runs like shit on wine

if you need adobe and hate windows get a mac
>>
>>53627084
>C&Ding billions of people will be enforceable
>>
>>53627071
Yeah, and I tried it myself about a month ago with playonlinux. Tried between various versions of WINE on it. What I can tell you is that it still works better on a virtual machine and that if I need to have a little bit of accuracy with my mouse cursor while editing anything, I wouldn't be using it in the first place.

I also need InDesign and Illustrator and the former opens once and never, ever again.

On a virtual machine, my computer has no trouble with it, even though the RAM usage is high. Of course there's no acceleration which is a pain, but it still works faster and has no issues the Windows version would.

And for OSX, the issue is different shortcuts, but that's it.
>>
>>53627153
>Everything runs like shit on WINE
Nope
>>
>>53627189
You could always set up VT-d passthrough but that would be a colossal pain.
>>
>>53627195

Proof besides their circle jerk website?
>>
>>53626742
enjoy your decade old janky ass legacy operating system buddy
>>
>>53627202
I would do that, but my current setup makes that unpleasant. Even if it took me a whole week I would do that, mind you.

The issue is my native resolution on my monitor is over that which VGA can handle. It wouldn't be too pleasant to use my main operating system with a non-native resolution all the time.

For now I'm in OSX but I admit there are things that are kinda irksome. It's still better than Windows 10 in my opinion.
>>
>>53627249
If Hackintosh weren't such a nightmare, I'd be using it too. Now I have a rMBP downstairs.
>>
I'm still on Windows 8. I'm just too lazy to update.
>>
>>53626688
I have Windows-only applications that don't work properly or well in WINE, but I want the least obtrusive experience.
>>
>>53626688
>Friend hates Windows 10 for spying
>uses Windows 8 with all telemetry enabled and signed in to his MS account
>>
>>53627265
Yeah, it's probably more of a pain to set up than plenty of linux distros. You gotta get kinda lucky with the hardware. In my case there's plenty out of the box that works but I still have to use some software to change specific keyboard keys and it still feels as though my GPU is not being recognized properly (and it drives me nuts, fucking Tomb Raider Anniversary which came out ages ago, on a 280x and it doesn't reach 60fps, I think even netbooks can handle it now)

I'd grab an rMBP in the future, if something because I do like retina displays and trackpads that are useful.
>>
>>53627355
It's a pity really. Microsoft took the one semi cohesive operating system on the open market and reduced it to an inconsistent penny pincher.

Thanks to RMS, we're now unable to function as standard consumers, and are now divided between two obtrusive and invasive ideologies of either:
A) Microsoft
$$$$$$ farm data
B) Linux
EVERYTHING MUST BE FREE AS IN FREEDOM RELEASE YOUR SOURCE CODE WENCH
(And I mean look at what a pain it is just to install proprietary graphic drivers)

And what does one do? BSD relies on much of the Linux community and its faculties, so again we're tied here. OS X depends heavily on hardware and is not 'legal' as in civil contract illegal, not prison illegal. Haiku etc. are a joke.

Why the fuck couldn't companies keep the politics out of a product? Why are we dragged into this nonsense? I just want an OS that runs the stuff I want it to run and doesn't get in the way.
>>
>>53626688
not using windows xp
>2016
>>
this

it's why I've moved on to OS X as my general desktop OS and yuboobtu for everything else
>>
>>53627499
>EVERYTHING MUST BE FREE AS IN FREEDOM RELEASE YOUR SOURCE CODE WENCH
bullshit, if you really want proprietary software, you can easily install it, unless you use something like gNewSense
>>
>>53627499
>(And I mean look at what a pain it is just to install proprietary graphic drivers)
>Open "Additional drivers" program
>select proprietary driver
>click ok & reboot
2hard4me
>>
M-muh gayms!!!!
>>
>>53627184
>deleting evidence
>>
>>53627605
I hope you're not browsing the internet on XP.
>>
I use Windows 7 because I like it more than Windows 10, not because of the spying NSA bullshit.
>>
>>53627787
They already have all the evidence on Anna Saye's servers anyway
Also
>collecting evidence against foreign pirates
Even murrika isn't this stupid
>>
>>53627499
In a sense no OS is good enough. Every single one has its share of problems. In my -personal- opinion:

Windows:
-Has compatibility with most software on the market
-Takes full advantage of hardware, newer versions with newer parts
-Has poor font rendering, no customization
-It's not too secure and it has a lot of intrusive features
-Some of these new features on Windows 10 are a pain in the ass, the OS itself doesn't integrate well with google services and such if you were more of a normie

Linux
>Real fast, really "modular" in the old sense
>It can take up to 5 years, but your hardware will be eventually supported
>You can install like 20 different programs by just typing their names on a single line
>Desktop enviroments, not just one. Some of them also really customizable
>However you'd be hard pressed to find one that is really stable, consistent, modern and that runs perfectly
>Difficulty of use for some people
>Not as much production software, it's gearing more towards support for gamers than designers
>Many x86 tablets still not supported

OSX
>Has decent looks out of the box, good font rendering
>Has many, many production tools
>It's a bit more modern and innovative than Windows in terms of features for desktop users
>Proper animations
>You want something that is not games, you get it guaranteed
>But you have to pay 20 dollars for that little stupid thing by the way
>It's less secure than anything out there, despite not getting as many "viruses"
>Stupid, stupid file system
>>
>>53627665
>>53627630
But Ubuntu is Amazon telemetry OS.
>>
>>53626688
Because it's a sunk cost. Microsoft gains nothing from me using 7, and I already bought it 6 years ago. Switching to something else is too much hassle for literally 0 gain.
>>
>>53627858
That has little to do with Ubuntu

Other distros have this system. Hell manjaro has a system where you can easily not only install proprietary drivers by ticking a box, but also update your kernel to whichever version you want from a list.

Besides proprietary drivers are quite stupid. In my case I get some nasty fucking artifacts on screen while using Gnome + fglrx
>>
>>53626696
>UEFI
>backdoored

Uh...explain? Source?
>>
>>53626688
I'm autistic so I have to use Windows 7 or I will cry myself to sleep every night thinking the Windows Devil (WinDevi) is looking down at me while I sleep to make sure I don't do anything against his will.
>>
B O T N E T - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >
O Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
T https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
N
E Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
T https://archive.is/OBGB1
|
| Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
| https://archive.is/tW6fu
|
| Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
| https://archive.is/2XIvX · https://archive.is/qLRZx
|
| Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
| location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
| even after related settings are turned off:
| https://archive.is/Zny36 · https://archive.is/sz1nt
| https://archive.is/g3QdQ · https://archive.is/ko469
|
| A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10:
|
| Keypoints: Windows 10 has a keylogger and uploads all your
| keystrokes every 5 minutes. Everything you type in Edge or
| Cortana is sent to Microsoft, along with any media files it
| finds. When webcam is enabled, 35MB of data goes to Microsoft.
| Even with Cortana disabled/uninstalled, Windows 10 sends all
| microphone audio to Microsoft, when the computer is idle.
| https://archive.is/QnTTA
| https://d2.maxfile.ro/rwspylwbwo.webm
| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDeHqiydk4A
v
>>
>>53627858
Only the vanilla Ubuntu images. (And even that is getting removed in 16.04)

Ubuntu GNOME, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, etc don't have that
>>
>>53626696
Would also like a source on this.
>>
>>53626742
>proud windows 7 user
And I'm a "proud" Android Jellybean user. Please break into my phone and steal my data.
>>
>>53626688
What if I don't want to use win 10 because I DON'T FUCKING LIKE IT?

Honestly you faggots are annoying with muh botnet shit, I don't want to use win 10 because I don't like how it is, I don't like the "apps" shit because MY PC IS NOT A PHONE and I certainly don't like the start menu.
>>
>>53626688
Most people that use windows 7 use it because they've been told it is good and they've been told windows 10 is bad.

They're just sheep.

If you use windows and you are not using 10, you are legitimately retarded.
>>
>>53626688
>Why?
Because Windows 10 doesn't work well on my laptop. I blame Lenovo for short-term product driver support. Windows 7 on the other hand works flawleslly on my system.
>>
>>53628865
>People have 'been told' that the OS they've been using for 5 years is good
Ok
>>
>>53626688
That win 10 damage control
face it rajneesh youre getting cucked
>>
>windows phone back to base to report what you use the operating system for so that they can update it to add features and optimize it to the tasks you use it for
FUCK WINDOWS!!!!

>steam phones back to base constantly reporting what you use steam for so that they can update it, add more "pay us money, you little shit" options and let their store be overflowing with crapware so that it's not possible to find good games just by browsing it anymore
Omg I love steam :)
>>
>>53628925
this
>>
>>53628831
I don't want to use it because it has shit font rendering and updates break visual styles

That is all
>>
I heard there's a way to escape Microsoft's evil clutched on Win.10

Partially, at least.
>>
>>53626696
What?!
>>
>>53626742
>Proud Windows 7 user here
No, you go fuck yourself pajeet.
>>
>>53627153
It really doesn't. I'm not to keen on linux but have tried to use it and WINE works fantasticly
>>
>>53627605
Work uses a mix of windows 95 and ME.
>>
>>53629349
Sadly the spybot work around get's broken at random due to updates. The spybot guys have been really good at keeping there shit updated but it's only a mater of time.
>>
>>53626742
>hfw they put telemetry into the windows updates for 7, 8, and 10
>>
>>53628925
jokes on you, i dont run steam
>>
>>53626688
cause there's no alternative?
no, gimp is not a fucking alternative to photoshop
wine does not run the thing flawlessly
>>
>>53633013
Dual boot windows 10 and don't connect on internet while doing Photoshop work.. done fixed your problem anon.

You can download Photoshop updates via Linux and install them offline on windows.
>>
>>53627844
>>Proper animations
the proper amount of animation in a desktop GUI is zero
>>
>>53633283
or, i can just use win7 and not bother.
>>
>>53633371
It's the same company and the updates enabled telemetry for windows 7 even if you avoid upgrading to windows 10 you have a great deal of botnet elements inside windows 7... it's very stupid how some people think.
>>
>>53633390
>and the updates
>implying i ever updated, or even have the service enabled.
>>
>>53627499

>look at what a pain it is just to install proprietary graphic drivers

>sudo pacman -S nvidia

wew lad
>>
>>53633416
Then you are retarded.
>>
Another funny fact is that 7 has all the same telemetry that 10 has, even if you don't install the evil upgrades.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee126127(v=ws.10).aspx

The only excuse to use 7 is when you're too lazy to upgrade and worry about fucking something up.
>>
File: 1327589501815.png (50 KB, 350x314) Image search: [Google]
1327589501815.png
50 KB, 350x314
>>53633470
>>
>>53633290
Fuck off, grandpa. Not everybody is having a Thinkpad from the ww2 era.
>>
>>53626696
Source

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/37c38l/uefi_backdoor_allows_root_exploit_in_linux/
>>
>>53633557
That's why you need to buy hybrid overclocking board made in Taiwan which allows you to run legacy and use uefi only when absolutely necessary for specific boots.

+ An overclocking motherboard not only is very duable and can last for years, the benefit of dual bios - and mainly OVERCLOCKING IN BIOS... yes on the go.
>>
>>53633586
This is why we should all be using coreboot.
>>
>>53626688
I'm sure more people would use Linux as their main OS if the programs they need Windows for were on Linux. No one actually likes Windows.
>>
>>53633586
So pretty much gigabyte boards?
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.