[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple is delusional if they think an iPad Pro can replace a PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: 1447266581613.jpg (291 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1447266581613.jpg
291 KB, 1280x853
Dude, you can't even do the most simple, common, pedestrian everyday tasks like download a fucking MP3 torrent or watch Kodi.

Can't make use of my AstraWeb account, block ads, even upload a fucking ringtone without having to use iTunes.

And on the topic of iTunes, no single piece of software has ever been so incredibly frustrating.

Fuck iOS restrictions man, let the people do whatever they want, it's their hardware

I'm using an iPad Air to write this but it's just a glorified web browser at this point, and I will not ever be purchasing an Apple product ever again until they release their oppressive grip from the App Store

Windows tablets are the way of the future. x86 software and the ability to use the tablet any way you want should be way more appealing to all but the biggest idiots, senior citizens, and children
>>
Apple lost the plot after jobs died.
That's the problem with an autocrat, once they die their empire just stumbles around aimlessly.
>>
>>53622643
Apple wants to market it like that, they don't actually think it can replace a PC in YOUR USE CASE.
For some people it might be able to do so, but not for the autistic /g/ poster who can't imagine an use case beside his own.
This is why you'll never get a job in the IT industry.
>>
I love the way they actively market the processor as faster than a laptop's thanks to Geekbench when real world application benchmarks have shown that to be completely inaccurate.
>>
>>53622643
>let the people do whatever they want, it's their hardware
I think you'll find most people just want to go on Facebook

>pedestrian everyday tasks like download a fucking MP3 torrent
Average human doesn't even know what a torrent is.

I don't think you're aware of what an average human is capable of when it comes to technology. They can download apps on their phone, but that's about it. Fine, have a market for that, why not.

As long as we're all not restricted to use our PCs the way we want (I'm looking at Windows 10), what do you care if there's a market for other sort of users.
>>
>you can't even do the most simple, common, pedestrian everyday tasks
this is why people love apple. using their products makes them feel smart.

also, many crApple idiots seems to think that using crApple products is a matter of income, since they're so expensive. But in reality, the biggest consumers of crApple products are poor people, that are stupid & technically inept.
>>
>t. Rajeet
>>
>>53622643
>Apple is delusional if they think an iPad Pro can replace a PC
Sure, that's what computer scientists said to Intel and their toy processors, and Microsoft and their toy OS in the 80s.
>>
>>53622936
Good fucking luck writing a 200 page thesis, or 50+ LOC on an iPad.
>but it's de future guys
>it's so innovative
Seriously Britney, no one cares about your opinion.
>>
>>53623006
Funny, people also mentioned something similar with Intel 8086 and Windows 1.0.
>>
>>53622769
>>pedestrian everyday tasks like download a fucking MP3 torrent
>Average human doesn't even know what a torrent is.
Better example would be word processing. For anyone not working a minimum wage job an iPad will never replace a PC.
>>
>>53623070
>Criticized the possibility of personal computers until personal computers started selling
iPads have been out for some time now, they have not displaced PCs.
>>
>>53622643
applel is a meme brand for seniors, children, hipsters and retards
>>
>>53622643
Why are you so worried anon? The free market will decide if there is a utility for such a device or not.
>>
>>53622643
You actually can block ads, trackers and all of that shit in iOS 9 Safari.
>>
>>53622643
T. Pajeet
>>
>>53623139
Not to mention you can also do it in your hosts file.
>>
Congrats OP, you're not a scrub. You're not the target market for Apple. Unfortunately you're a minority. Most people ARE scrubs and enjoy just-werks locked down apple products.
>>
>>53622769
>"hurrr everyone just wants to go on facebook, _WE_ are the only ones who actually USE our machines. The other day, I coded fizzbuzz without even looking at the solution"
kill yourself
>>
mein, nig/g/er, people are retarded

if you think that 10 percent over the mean does anything even remotely interesting like 'content creation' you are dead wrong

people don't do anything other than check facebook and cheat on their significant others with 'technology' they are not going to fucking use a 'pc' for anything useful. they _like_ glossy shit status symbols because it's the only status they will ever have in their miserable lives. fuck.
>>
>I will not ever be purchasing an Apple product ever again

You should have stopped right there, anon, because that would have been the proper course of action, but no, you had to fuck yourself by opening up to the possibility that you will continue to be an Apple maggot because of your "if they do <what I want> I'll still spend money on their products and services..." bullshit.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>53623381
why do you have a hatred towards apple products?

why do you feel like you're superior just because you copied a build on pcpartpicker and installed a linux distribution?
>>
>>53623300
what do you do on your computer that is so significant mr.weaboo?
>>
>>53623259
It's great how you can look at my post and see that, but that's not what I was saying at all nor did I mention "us". I did say we
>As long as we're all not restricted to use our PCs the way we want
But I don't think it's the same we as your we. I meant majority of PC users as Windows holds the majority of OS market share on desktop. Now this includes various users, with varying wants of control over their own PCs. Those who want control obviously aren't going to switch to iPad Pro, because it's an alternative unlike Windows 10 which is supposed to be a replacement for previous operating systems. That's 95% of desktop users, that's why I made a comment about it.

Why be bothered about them releasing an alternative was my point. Don't buy it. And most people won't buy it because most people don't buy Apple products.

I'm sure they have some usage statistics to back up their statement. Their only problem is that smart phones have replaced desktop for a lot of people already, just look at the market share of phones versus desktop computers.
>>
File: a34a6ff7bb14913d8746e3d3d73db221.jpg (392 KB, 1444x1030) Image search: [Google]
a34a6ff7bb14913d8746e3d3d73db221.jpg
392 KB, 1444x1030
>>53622643
why the fuck would you show top in a separate le vintage monitor? your picture is fedora-worthy.

on the second thought, why would you want to look at top at all, unless your shit's lagging?
>>
Dude what's that second monitor called? That's chillin.
>>
>>53622643
because normies
>>
You guys are fairly retarded if you don't think that people are retarded enough to use an iPad Pro as their 'main machine'. You seem to doubt the stupidity of a normie.
>>
>>53622643
>Can't make use of my AstraWeb account, block ads, even upload a fucking ringtone without having to use iTunes.
>And on the topic of iTunes, no single piece of software has ever been so incredibly frustrating.

I'd probably have apple products if it wasn't for this. This is the single reason why I haven't bought another iPhone to this day
>>
>>53622643
Nice blog
>>
>>53622667
So salty.
I agree and I am in the IT industry.
It's watering down the need for the average user to learn more. I guess you could also look at it like training wheels for technology but I dunno, it also seems to breed attitudes in those who have no idea how a computer works and are pretty sure it's some kind of actual magic.
>>
>>53623070
These two things are unrelated. Quit with the false equivalency.
The iPad is not going to replace the PC because it has barely replaced anything so far. It's a tablet, nobody is replacing their laptop or anything else with it, it's just a product segment. It does rather well WITHIN it's own segment, but that's about it.
>>
anybody here have a surface-book? the reviews are good but I want to hear some firsthand experience.
>>
>>53623131
>The free market will decide if there is a utility for such a device or not
I'm usually just lurking but I gotta say it to you.. I'm pretty surprised there are people THIS smart on /g/
>>
>>53622643
>x86 software and the ability to use the tablet any way you want
getting really tired of the memes
>>
>>53623081

Why not? With a Bluetooth keyboard you can type just fine, and Word exists for iOS. Why wouldn't this work for 99% of cases?
>>
>>53624440
>there are people in here who don't know what a dumb terminal is
Fucking leave
>>
>Apple is delusional if they think an iPad Pro can replace a PC
They are correct though, but with a twist. It replaces the PC for people who only do Facebook and reading shit on their PC and nothing else.
>>
>>53622643

>using Kodi
Plex is better.

>block ads
Yes you can, you fucking mongoloid, it's baked into the OS now.

>have to use iTunes
Yeah, if you're an idiot.

>iTunes is frustrating

>just a glorified web browser
>>
>>53624667

>what is cloud storage
>>
>>53622936
No they didn't, you fucking dipshit. If you're going to try to be a ruse legend, at least actually try.
>>
old pasta is old. this has been everywhere including leddit
>>
>>53622643
You're not the target audience. Normies don't need a PC to do much other than:

1. access facebook/snapchat/whatever
2. access netflix/youtube/spotify
3. access google docs

a tablet is capable of all of these. Obviously if your main use cases are compiling gentoo and creating housefire memes in GIMP you'll need a proper PC, but guess what, most normies don't need to do crap like that.
>>
>>53630833
Unfortunately this desu senpai
>>
>>53629519
How is plex better than kodi? Plex doesn't have the add-ons which is the main reason to get kodi in the first place
>>
>>53624377
>I'm sure they have some usage statistics to back up their statement. Their only problem is that smart phones have replaced desktop for a lot of people already, just look at the market share of phones versus desktop computers.
I find a lot of people have 1 family computer, maybe a laptop or two as well for the college students, but in most families everyone has a smartphone. Kids in middle schools have smartphones these days, maybe even elementary school but I don't know about that.
>>
>>53623300
it really hurts to know that with a computer and an internet connection our possibilities are almost unlimited, but we rather waste our time shitposting and hurting each other than actually learning or doing something usefull. People sucks
>>
>>53622643
Apple is delusional if they think the PC can replace dummy terminals
>>
>>53625139
>it also seems to breed attitudes in those who have no idea how a computer works and are pretty sure it's some kind of actual magic.
"just pay the technomancers. yes, good goy"
>>
>>53629519
Can you block ads in apps?

Checkmate
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.