[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kali linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11
File: kail.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
kail.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Anyone use kali? i have been using it for reaver and bully but i only have locked WPS around me..

and i cant connect to the internet after using monitor mode.. haha

anyother things i should try out on it?
>>
>>53601613
do you turn monitor mode off? back to managed mode and restart the services you killed when using airmon-ng chek kill? and you restart the DHCP client?
>>
Yeah i do all that still no good..
>>
>>53601613
>7
anyone got anything for me?
>>
>>53601613
> 12 yr old kali user on /g/
i knew it would happen
>>
>>53601869
need to learn somewhere friend
>>
>>53601869
Dam that WiKi!
>>53601884
Haaave you met Gentoo?
>>
>>53601901
Type of linux? know of it, but i dont know it
>>
>>53601920
Save Ice Weasel from Kali.
Then,
Install Gentoo. thank me later. it's really intuitive.
But your gonna want to start with making things from the command line. what you were trying to do with Kali wasn't going to work. It'll be sill to give away what is practically a hackers tool kit without needing to know how to use the basics of a computer.
Yes that right, why Kali seemed broken was because it's by default crippled to prevent users like you.
Their is no easy way to 1337 m8.
>>
>>53601993
so bail on Kali and start with Gentoo? thats what i need, somewhere to start. i need people to talk to about shit. from the country = everyones shit at computers
>>
>>53602046
Yep, It's kinda baptism by fire. you'll have to use the wiki allot.
But if it's you only pc, I'd suggest sticking with windows(for games and shit). Just learn the command line. most commands are semi transferable.
once you learn the command line then select a programming language.
https://www.codecademy.com/
That site is basically free cert3 in programming.
But the big thing is learning the command line.
>>
install pentoo
>>
>>53602128
yeah okay, ill just use a live version on a USB if i want to use it and ill just stick with windows for everyday shit
>>
>Kali Linux
"look mom! I'm haxoring the internets! XD"
>>
>not using another Linux distro
>not installing the entire program list from the repo
>>
>>53602128
random, thought you might know.. what architecture is a intel celerom 743?
>>
>>53602818
celeron, fuck
>>
>>53602818
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Celeron_M/Intel-Ultra%20low%20voltage%20Celeron%20M%20743%20AV80585VG0131M.html

You get this google result for free.
>>
>>53602877
soooo its FSB. that means theres no handbook for gentoo
>>
>>53601920
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>53602971
Fuck FSB just crank it to 3.2GHz always.
>>
>>53603017
I did know that, the GNU project started it all. free software, OP's ect... its just more widley known as linux so that what it gets called..
>>
File: melted.jpg (33 KB, 470x304) Image search: [Google]
melted.jpg
33 KB, 470x304
>>53603027
and then this happens
>>
>>53603112
I'm legitimately trying to help
>celerom 743
>>
>>53603324
oh.. haha so if I had a Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 which when i google it it says its architecture is FSB.... can i use the AMD64 gentoo handbook and installation?
>>
File: Sadly I know that feel.gif (174 KB, 1247x547) Image search: [Google]
Sadly I know that feel.gif
174 KB, 1247x547
>>53603379
>AMD64 gentoo handbook
The min disk yes.
I must confess Pic Related.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Media
>>
>>53603552
i found a auction site that sells ex government computers for $5 and they're good enough for gentoo.. so no doubt ill fuck a few so ill buy a few.. haha
>>
>>53603552
surley your running something else with some more beef? you cant be on /g/ with that.. haha
>>
File: what.png (659 KB, 1363x768) Image search: [Google]
what.png
659 KB, 1363x768
>>53603605
L-link?
I wouldn't mind a five buck chuck.
Also it's doubtful you'll brick a PC.
Hard drive maybe, but you kinda have to intentionally do it.
>>
File: 1457555903778.png (11 KB, 343x543) Image search: [Google]
1457555903778.png
11 KB, 343x543
>anyother things i should try out?
Grammar and Punctuation.
>>
>unironically using Edgy: The Distro
>>
>>53603608
kek, guess a server tower would count.
PC is just for communication.
My "main rig"had a core system failure and burn down like a year ago. Kind of relieving actually. Broke the cycle of gaming work gaming sleep.
>>
>>53603645
its not a post thing though so i have to drive ages to get them, and if your not from South Australia im sure that you'd have trouble with it as well.. haha

https://www.evansclarke.com.au
>>
>>53603647
Sorry kind sir. Any other things that I should try out?
>>
File: Straya m8.jpg (12 KB, 568x288) Image search: [Google]
Straya m8.jpg
12 KB, 568x288
>>53603707
Thanks. They are worth getting a few. never know when you may need a spare PC. If you weren't of the Master race like I. I'd suggest stowing them in a Faraday cage. But the likelihood of us getting nuked is minimal.
Shame they don't have any other PCs on offer. seems as if they are selling what wold have been used as terminals.
>>
File: straya.jpg (70 KB, 1481x777) Image search: [Google]
straya.jpg
70 KB, 1481x777
>>53603808
yeah theyve got shit all at the moment.. need to get a few hard drives aswell, or just run of a external HDD, they've normally got more.. apparently
>>
>>53603879
Should look into using a USB as a boot drive. $20 for a 16gb usb 3.0
More than enough to run any distro on.
http://pendrivelinux.com/
>>
>>53601920
Do not install gentle before you realize what you are doing. Google "install gentoo" and read the "knowyourmeme" page. A good Linux distri for beginners is either Fedora or Mint if you are coming from windows. Don't listen to any of the "install arch" or the "install gentoo" people, they are trying to fuck you over for the sake of a meme. If you have any questions ask.
>>
>>53604132
>Mint
Because it wasn't cracked two weeks ago.
Although he's a little bit correct.
They are easier if you are dropping Windows altogether.
But if you want to actually learn what you are doing, and not effectively hot patching things every so often.
Go with Gentoo
(and have windows for your everyday junk)
>>
>>53604181
/g/ never change. But in all seriousness google install gentle before you actually try to fucking install it.
>>
>>53604209
Gentoo*
>>
>>53604181
>>53604132

thanks guys i appreciate it. I think ill go with mint get my head around Linux and basic basic command line then go to Gentoo once iv got shit sussed
>>
>>53604226
>mint
lel just turn off your screen
>>
>>53604226
Gentoo is a meme
>do you want to compile your packages for hours on end?
Go with Gentoo
>do you want your distro to break every 2 weeks?
Go with Gentoo
>do you want to spend almost an hour installing your distro from a terminal line?
Go with Gentoo.
>>
>>53602490
said the winblows user..
>>
>>53604226
No seriously Mint was cracked (Hacked) two weeks ago. I wouldn't trust it just yet.
Hack occurred at its download centers.
Go with Ubuntu.
>>
>>53604258
>an hour
>>
>>53604307

>Go with Ubuntu

a m a z o n b o t n e t
m
a
z
o
n
b o t n e t
o
t
n
e
t
>>
>>53604307
well shit
>>
>>53604390
dont know about ubuntu i dont want something to do fucking word processing on
>>
>>53604390
But it's Linux, that "feature" is easily disabled.
And much better than having your Mint passwords sold on a dodgy for the darknet, darknet page.
>>
>>53604374
He's obviously a new user, not everyone knows Linux like the back of there hand.
>>
>>53604407
you run gentoo?
>>
>>53604406
amazonbotnet? explain?
>>
File: M2GmokP.png (23 KB, 598x301) Image search: [Google]
M2GmokP.png
23 KB, 598x301
>>53604437
Arch actually.
>>
>>53604459
Pros cons?
>>
>>53601613
End your life, OP
>>
>>53604449
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=removing+amazon+from+ubuntu
This link contains all you need to know.
>>
>>53604637
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=removing+amazon+from+ubuntu

well that was an experience. i dont even have amazon in straya
>>
>>53604694
It's weird having it as an Aussi.
Also my bad. thought you were asking about removing it.
Yeah it's basically ads from amazon in your Start bar.
(Win 10 will soon be this)
>>
>>53604727
hence why im leaving win 10 becuase its a downgrade and fucked my computer and corrupted the drivers for my touchscreen.. and there is nowhere to download them so touchscreens fucked...
>>
Jesus christ op
Fuck off back to le-ddit, facebook, 9gag, /b/ or wherever you faggots come from.
>>
>>53604780
Jesus Christ, just go back to /b/ you knee jerking spastic.
Cant anyone read more than the OP before replying..
>>
>>53601613
>and i cant connect to the internet after using monitor mode.. haha
 airmon-ng stop mon0 

learn how to google
>>
File: its_all_good_bro.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
its_all_good_bro.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>use backtrack for a while
>try blackbuntu for shits and giggles
>backtrack to backtrack
>stop after getting into some shit for having too much fun
>look into it again after a few years
>renamed Kali Linux
>the edge is off the charts
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>53604407
well he does run kali linux (never tried it myself so forgive my ignorance about it), so he obviously used a terminal at least once, and knows how to read a wiki...
I just don't see why people make such a fuss about those distros, it's not some obscure OS, for which you need an engineering degree.
It's all pretty easy if you know how to type and read.
>>
>>53604468
>pros
-You can say you installed it
-You can customize it and make it your own
-The screenfetch logo looks cool
-Pacman is pretty great I guess.

>cons
-Hard to install for new users
-When it breaks (hardly ever) can be a pain in the ass to
-not much else

Honestly I use arch because it hasn't broken ever and I'm too lazy or don't care enough to switch. It just werks for me. I'm not gonna be some autist telling you how you have to use arch otherwise you are not a 1337 hacker Linux user. Use whatever you want. If you are new to Linux I recommend Ubuntu or mint.
>>
>>53604813
Sorry faglord, I'm not the one faggot straight from win trying le hacker stuff and getting memed to death in the process
>>
>>53604941
Gentoo compile times are a bitch, I used to run it on my old T40 and that's the only time I'd recommend using it. Only use on old computers with slow, shitty HDDs that benefit from the decreased system usage gained by compiling it from source. If you are using a computer made in the last 4 years I can't recommend gentoo.
>>
>>53605180
>implying he fucking cares about that shit.
He's obviously new to Linux and probably got recommended it by one of you autists. How about you stop being cancerous as fuck and actually help a guy once and a while. Jesus Christ people, get your head out of your neck blubber every once and a while.
>>
>>53605178
>Hard to install for new users
Stop this fucking meme.
You literally have 50k videos, blog posts, and other written tutorials on how to install Arch in every possible situation. I'm sure there must be a video tutorial somewhere on "how to install arch with using one hand, in Antarctica, while cuddling your waifu"
>>
>>53605284
>"how to install arch with using one hand, in Antarctica, while cuddling your waifu"
Dear god, I hope so.
My waifu is rather clingy like that.
>>
Whichever distro you use there will always be a someone who does not like it.

>kali, black arch, backbox
>kek 12 year old hacker wannabe

hacker or not. To learn those commands and tools you should read and learn bunch of codes. So what is wrong with it? Yes, you can simply install ubuntu,debian or arch and then you can install the tools just you need but if you download those mentioned distros you will get all the tools which are already installed.

>ubuntu
>meh ubuntu.amazon botnet.i hate unity.

At april there will be a new version. For a linux starter ubuntu is great actually. It's very easy to use. And you can delete or change your desktop environment.

>arch
>meme linux, you can't even install it.

it's not easy as ubuntu,mint,mate etc. But you're not writing the codes from scratch. There are lots of helpful documents, youtube videos, forums how to use it. It's not practical but after installation it's not that hard to use

>windows10
>BOTNET

Accept it or not accept it you can't get rid off the windows. For work or game, we all use windows (maybe some hardcore linux users and mac users can deny it) and we will use it in the future too.

>inb4 fuck off pleb (:
>>
>>53605284
Which takes 30 minutes to do (for a new user) and there is absolutely no reason to install arch for your first time using Linux. I had a problem with my WiFi card on my T420. I couldn't connect to anything at all. I eventually scripted a fix myself and about a month later it was fixed in a patch anyways. My point is that arch isnt user friendly to new users, and not everyone can just write a fix for there problems they have, they want there distro to just werk, and if it doesn't they want to have detailed documentation and tutorials on what that problem is and how to fix it. Arch simply doesn't have that.
>>
>>53605341
As a "hardcore" arch user even I use windows for my gaming PC I built. I keep all my personal shit on my laptop which is encrypted, and I keep my games and non important stuff on my desktop with windows. Don't be a fucking autist and pick only one side, both OS's have there strengths and weaknesses and windows is better at a lot of things like games, and some productivity software, as well as just being easier to use in general. Linux gives more security and privacy than linux, as well as offering its fair share of useful tools and applications. I use both because I need both security and privacy for my shit and I like to play games as well.
>>
>>53605372
But for learning doing an install is much better. You will have to learn to google. Learn what terms to google. And actually have a project to complete as a part of learning how to google. That is 10 times more productive than trying to make up things just to have something to google.
>>
>>53605421
>linux gives more security and privacy than linux
*windows.
>>
>>53605421
>windows is better at a lot of things
Windows is supported better with allot of things*
FTFY.
>>
>>53605434
I'd rather start out on a more user friendly distro before I move to arch if I was new personally. I'd want to get to know the linux OS's ins and outs before I take on arch. You gotta take baby steps anon.
>>
>>53605450
No I'm pretty sure I said right after that, that windows is more user friendly than Linux. So the statement holds true.
>>
>>53601631
This, you have to restart the services you killed to get into monitor mode. Are you sing pixie dust attack or ?
>>
Fucking rt2800 drivers need to be patched for the current kernel Arch is using. Packet injection only works by using linux-lts right now.
>>
>>53605434
but you won't.
You'll just end up in a graphic environment, with software you're used to use, and just circle jerk in your comfort zone, learning nothing at all.

>>53605372
>My point is that arch isnt user friendly to new users
And my point is, installing arch isn't hard. There's a lot of documentation, and despite installing arch on 3different computers, I've never ran into a problem I couldn't find on google ( which all happened AFTER the installation ).
>>
>>53605463
*Shrugs*
Was in reference to games.
But i get what your getting at.

But would it really hurt to try an install for funzies?
It'll show you most operations in a walkthrough install guide.
>>
>>53605505
first part was meant for >>53605454
>>
>>53601613
just install windows and play games
>>
>>53605511
It wouldn't hurt no. When I was first introduced to linux I was told to install arch. I was obviously very confused and didnt have a clue what to do. I almost gave up on linux entirely until I installed Fedora. This allowed me to become familiar with the linux environment. Now that I understood the basics of linux and new my way around, I gave arch another try. I actually installed it this time, and I've been loving it ever since. You should learn what the stuff you are doing first is, before you do said stuff.
>>
>>53604406
>But it's Linux
No, it's Unity. The kernel has nothing to do with the Amazon dash results on the Desktop Environment.
>>
>>53605559
Ok. Lets say he's installed fedora. What next? What is there to do that would be a suitable stepping stone? Something that you will want to have. But also need to learn things in order to obtain it.
This is where I get hung up personally.
Most simple things are already done or on Windows(why reinvent the wheel).
Then the stuff you actually want with linux is stupidly complex (learners mind) and involve knowing a programming langauge.
>>
>>53605341
>writing the codes
>>
>>53605454
>the Linux OS
>>
Kali is for wannabe pen testers/hackers. Use a real distro like Arch.
>>
>>53605701
Am I gonna go all autistic on you can call it GNU/Linus now?
>>
>>53605701
>le picking out things may may that makes me smrt
Wew lad he didn't say distro. Must be new here.
>>
>>53605724
What does saying distro have to do with it?
>>
>>53605739
I know what I said. But do you?
>>
kali like ubuntu are distro from debian, same using, and perfect to begin
>>
>>53605765
I do have to say. Kalis desktop is like sex to me. Dunno if it's its layout or what.
>>
kali is not a desktop distro, only pen test.

told debian was perfect and because it's not a fork
>>
>>53605882
You know what I ment.
>>
>>53601901
Read that in barneys voice. I feel like such a normie faggot
>>
I'm op and I'm going to install fedora. And yes who ever asked if I restarted all the services yes i did. The dhcp client wouldn't connect. Don't know why.. I'm trying to install fedora now but I think I got a dodgy build because I keep getting error after error just trying to boot the live version of a usb
>>
>>53605989
>Install fedora
Haha oh god
>>
>>53605989
Try setting up a static network connection if you have control of your own router so that you don't have to use DHCP.
Do you live in Adelaide?
>>
Has anyone ever gotten any luck at obtaining a WPA password from a 4-way handshake by dictionary attack? Shit's impossible. And reaver only works on very few routers/network configurations.

Any thoughts on cowpatty? pyrit? Is it all bullshit?
>>
>>53605810
So the GNOME DE you mean?
>>
File: 1311502198136.jpg (11 KB, 318x315) Image search: [Google]
1311502198136.jpg
11 KB, 318x315
>>53601613
Have you tried Fern? Or using the actual aircrack through terminal? Or brute forcing? Or wps pins? You have a lot of options here, this is not /g/oogle dumbass.
>>
>>53605206
>spoonfeeding
This isn't reddit, friend.
Wikis are there, google is there, haxxor tutorial videos by 15 year olds in youtube are sure as hell not going away for a while.
>>
>>53605810
GNOME is fucking shit, friendo
>>
>>53606685

You're too dumb to be a hacker fucking lamer.
>>
I never knew /g/ had so many security experts
>>
>>53604449
new ubuntu comes with the Unity DE that has amazon search results shit, you can remove the amazon shit or just switch DE (I use gnome on my laptop it seems to save battery)
>>
>>53601613
John the ripper
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.