[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tabs vs spaces
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1450597956128.jpg (63 KB, 564x696) Image search: [Google]
1450597956128.jpg
63 KB, 564x696
/g/, how do I convince my retarded programmer friend to use ints by default instead of floats? He literally uses floats for everything because he thinks they're perfect, he even uses floats as iterators in loops

example argument that we have every week:
>dude you need to realize using floats for things that will only correctly be whole numbers is a waste of space
>>space doesn't matter! i'd be saving 5% space at most if i switched from floats to appropriately sized ints/shorts for everything
>floats aren't semantic when all you're trying to express is a whole number of something, it has the possibility to introduce errors
>>but i need to make sure that other people working on the same project are looking at the exact same numbers i am
>what
>>also if i start mixing floats and ints, everything will become a mess and it'll be worse than how it was
>you're such a retard
>>anyway [insert famous developer] uses floats for everything so it must be right

so yeah /g/ how do i convince this retard to use tabs instead of spaces?
>>
>associating with morons
then again those of a feather flock together
>>
>>53600949
You're both idiots.
Use auto.
>>
>>53600949
kek

You've lost the battle with that dude already. It's over. He is an indian tier code monkey.

Does he program in C# using visual studio?
>>
>>53600949
kill yourself then him. problem solved.
>>
>>53602256
java is the pajeet national language, fucktard.
C# is GOAT.
>>
>>53602371
>implying C# isn't just java with a fancy hat
>>
rollan
>>
>>53602424
what fancy hat?
>>
>>53602460
A fedora.
>>
>>53603723
nice
>>
>>53600949
You didn't get the answer you wanted all the other times you posted this shit?
Give up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.