[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The great debate.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: op.gif (148 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
op.gif
148 KB, 600x606
Which of the two helped more to propel us further to the current state of displays and resolutions?

Besides the obvious capitalism competitivity, >science or >moore's law.

(Also, when will 4chan support .webp? Will they, at all?)
>>
>>53598505
Retina display did nothing. Apple was just playing catch up with the 854x480 and 800x480 screens of other flagship phones of the day.
>>
>>53598720
>playing catch-up by releasing a significantly better display
okay
>other flagship phones of the day

name them
>>
>>53598753
Motorola Droid
Nexus One
Galaxy S
HTC HD2 and Evo 4G

854x480 to 960x540 is a significantly smaller jump than 480x320 to 854x480. Android phones started the resolution war and iPhones still lag behind on that front with screen resolutions straight out of 2012/2013.
>>
>>53598846
How does it matter when your eye can't tell the difference on such a tiny screen?
>>
>>53598846
Why would I want a battery raping 1440p screen on a tiny device again?

inb4 muh VR

I'm not a child. I don't play games with my phone.
>>
>>53598753
>>Significantly better
Can't even get 16:9 right. So much wasted resolution when playing / recording video.
>>
I'll give to apple.

iPhones displays are barely above 720p but they look just as good as any QHD display out there. Proves that muh specs mean nothing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.