[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people serious about these? I have a friend that tried using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: smarfucker.jpg (90 KB, 780x518) Image search: [Google]
smarfucker.jpg
90 KB, 780x518
Are people serious about these? I have a friend that tried using one at lunch to send a text message, and it was the cringiest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>53598380
>using a watch to send a text message

what did you expect
>>
I use a basis peak most days.

I like it, but what I wanted out of it was pretty simple.
I just wanted notifications on my wrist, why would I bother to text from my wrist when my phone is right there ?
>>
There isn't a whole lot of functionality for them currently, other than the health monitoring and ease of access in crowded spaces. Currently, it's more of a financial statement rather than a practical device.
>>
>>53598380
>be apple
>take an ipod nano and put a rubber band on it
>call it iWatch
>watch retards flood you with money
>>
>>53598423
you should fuckin die
>>
With the "much innovation such greatness" they will show tomorrow you can expect more sale of that IShitOnUrWrist.
>>
>>53598380
If it has speech to text thats pretty rad
Speech to text is the only way to send text desu senpai
>>
They are indeed shit for sending anything or any kind of action. Only exception is if it has "quick response" actions like you can press one button to reply "I'll be back at the office in 30", etc.

Smartwatches are shit off with for everything unless you get a suicidal amount of text based communication, like texts and e-mails. For an IT person, this may not be other people but instead automatic server e-mails, red flags, etc.

I would say it's nice to get incoming calls to see who it is but if you already had a lot of calls you would be wearing a headset and those all announce that information anyway. Again a smartwatch is for if you get an absolute shitload of texts and e-mails coming in.

Only gimmick worth mentioning is you can use either as a spy device if it comes with a camera or always use your phone as one, since they come with cameras, you can monitor them real time via bluetooth up to 30 feet away. But... someone can always just steal it lel
>>
>>53598623
>sending text to a friend
>"I swear to God anon if you don't show up tonight I will shit on your chest"
>>
>>53598773
>"that would be awesome"
>>
>>53598380
I don't know. My Pebble Time Steel's voice recognition works really well for quick replies to my texts. 2 button presses and a quick statement and I'm done.
>>
>>53598773
>that kid who always said things like this
>nobody liked him
>>
>>53598581
why ?
its just a watch 90% of the time
the rest of the time, i look at it, read the message and then go back to whatever I was doing.
>>
People still wear matches in 2016?
>>
>>53599123
watches*
>>
It's like you never watch power ranger...
>>
>>53599123
>>53599148
how do you look at the time? don't tell me you use your phone like a teen
>>
>>53599229
I don't need to look at the time. Everyone waits on me, not the other way around. JFC fukkn omegas.
>>
>>53599229
I look at my phone, but I mostly never need to check the time.

>>53599229
>like a teen
what?
>>
>>53598380
Watches have gone of fashion because of smart phones, that's why smart watches are so cringy.
>>
I like my Pebble Steel. It's the black one so it looks decent, it has a few different faces loaded in as well as compass and calculator apps, and with bluetooth disabled I can go more than three weeks between charges. I only pair it to the phone if it strays too far from actual time and I don't care about notifications or pace counting. I got it for under $50 in like-new condition so it's basically a Casio with extra functions. I just hope when the rechargeable battery finally peters out there's some method of replacing it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.