[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did I do /g/? I would've gone with the AMD GPU if i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: partlist.png (152 KB, 1430x946) Image search: [Google]
partlist.png
152 KB, 1430x946
How did I do /g/? I would've gone with the AMD GPU if it didn't run so hot. I'll sell the 980ti and get the Polaris equivalent if they keep to their performance to wattage promises

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8GHQ8d
>>
File: furyx.jpg (67 KB, 657x735) Image search: [Google]
furyx.jpg
67 KB, 657x735
>>53598301

>I would've gone with the AMD GPU if it didn't run so hot

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CZHQ8d

How's this for a budget build? Mostly for emulating and light modern gaming.
>>
>>53599566
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qhVHYJ
>>
How's this for a first time builder with a very tight budget, but I want to do some above casual gaming too.

I come from years of using laptops only.
>>
File: Capture.png (84 KB, 1173x721) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
84 KB, 1173x721
>>53600808
Forgot attachment.
>>
>>53600808
>>53600819
bait
>>
>>53600854
Not really, no. I'm honestly building one for the first time. That motherboard accepts DDR4. I really would like some guidance before I go and buy the stuff, specially since I'm in Canadia and the prices here are higher, so I don't want to buy something that won't work together.
>>
File: 9.png (87 KB, 1198x677) Image search: [Google]
9.png
87 KB, 1198x677
>>53600819
>>
>>53600819
-First off, get 2x 4gb sticks instead of 1- utilize dual channel. Unless you seriously want to fill all 4 dimms and have 32gb ram later.

-Secondly, that is a pretty expensive cpu compared to your gpu choice. Is it strictly games? No production software or Virtual machines? Get a cheaper cpu imo. Haswell i5's are 95% as good as a skylake for gaming. Cheaper mobo too. You'd be using ddr3 ram though, and the newer cpu is going to be stronger and be relevant longer. Better upgrade path too.

-Thirdly, what specific games are you wanting to play? The 960 is "fine" in most games, but it's a bit sluggish in some more demanding titles.

-also consider a 120gb or 250gb SSD. You don't NEED it, but it will make your computing experience a lot better.

Anons feel free to disagree.
>>
hey guise will this run bf4 on 4k with 60fps and muh froot loops to make my drill bangers? thanks
>>
>>53598301
I have essentially the same build, I despise it, get an i3, 380x and use the leftover cash for something productive
>>
>>53601823
>17'' monitor
>4k
>>
>>53602112
>not realizing it'll be only used as a massive fps counter to flex nuts
you must be new here
>>
>>53598596
fury inst better then the 980ti at the moment, in future games, possibly, but not right now... on that same note, 980ti will probably keep its value a bit better then a fury would on the resale.
>>
>>53601721
i cant second the ssd more.

my next build im moving from a 120gb ssd thats for boot and programs to a 512-1tb ssd that is for boot programs and load heavy games.

trust us when we say there is a night and fucking day difference between a ssd system and non ssd system...

also, there is a night and day difference between a system paging ram and a system not paging ram, its why i have 16gb ddr2 right now, even though i had to down clock the shit, my system overall is FAR the fuck more responsive then it was before, but i keep hitting close to the 16gb use mark, so once i build my new system, ill be getting 2 16gb sticks of ddr4, and if/when the price drops further, add in a second 2 16gb sticks, possibly 32gb sticks if they come around and aren't ungodly expensive, just for a ram disk, im on about 1 month of up time, so yea...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.