[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you failed the comptia a+ exam >tfw this was one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: 1458420934409.png (82 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1458420934409.png
82 KB, 380x264
>tfw you failed the comptia a+ exam
>tfw this was one of the questions

"You walk into the server room and see a person lying on the floor with a live electrical wire draped over. What should you do first?"

A. Run out and call 911.
B. Grab the wire and fling it off the person.
C. Grab the person and drag them out from under the wire.
D. Grab a piece of wood and use it to move the wire off the person.

[spoiler]The correct answer is D.[/spoiler]

What the fuck. Why would you try to remove the live wire off someone? Why would there be a piece of wood in a server room? Why would you not just call 911 as soon as fucking possible?
>>
File: 1455875626060.jpg (130 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1455875626060.jpg
130 KB, 1023x682
>>53594835
>Why would you try to remove the live wire off someone?
Because it will stop them from potentially dieing?
>Why would there be a piece of wood in a server room?
You've clearly never worked in a DC or any field related to IT
>Why would you not just call 911 as soon as fucking possible?
Because most likely the person will be dead or seriously injured before help arrives and there's a good chance the current leakage device will trip at some point and may take out your phone service(wireless phone, cell thats operating from an on premise repeater, shittely designed phone system).

B or D are both acceptable answers, server rooms carry voltages from 110 to 450v, neither of these are dangerous unless you come into direct contact with a conductor, the insulation can easily be grabbed, using a stick is better since if you trip over in the chaos you are less likely to make contact with the person.

Go take an OHS course before you get someone killed. Absolute mad man.
>>
This fucker is being electrocuted in front of you and instead of help them you'll let them fry for 20 min so someone else can use the wood. Top tier m8
>>
>>53595090
>intentionally contrarian faggot response

Literally EVERY HR department in the world would argue to answer A. You know it, I know it. Don't be a faggot, fight against your nature of being the biggest faggot you can be.
>>
>>53595147
and thats why this test was given to (You) an engineer. if you want to go suck HR dick then why not work at mc donalds you stupid cuck.
>>
The will of A+ is not logic but doing it the way it wants you to do it, then in practice doing whatever the fuck your local guidelines dictate which is often the logical approach if not the correct one.
>>
>>53594835
who the fuck keeps wood in a server room?
>>
>>53595235
I get wood in the server room. I jam my dick in the door and let the fans blow 15 degree air over my dick until I nut.
>>
>>53595300
The rack door, that is. I can't jam my dick in the entrance, the alarm would go off.
>>
It gives me hope for the world that questions like this exist.
>>
>>53595300
is cum good for server fans?
>>
do server rooms have dedicated planks of wood for this purpose?
>>
>>53595090
>potentially dying

The person is already on the floor with a live wire on top of him. I think hes already dead, m8.
>>
>>53594835
D is the only reasonable answer.

You are officially a certified retard.
>>
>>53594835
I could have answered properly when I was 12

OP confirmed retarded
>>
>>53594835
D is the right answer and I don't understand why you are mad about it.
If that person dies when you could have saved her by just using a fucking broom and getting the wire away from her, it's your responsibility.
>>
>all these people choosing D

How does it feel to be (d)ropped on the head as a child?

>OH GEE A LIVE WIRE THAT JUST KILLED SOMEONE THAT IS STILL ACTIVE, HERE, LET ME JUST PICK IT UP AND MOVE IT XDDD
>>
File: 1305139527817.jpg (21 KB, 202x204) Image search: [Google]
1305139527817.jpg
21 KB, 202x204
>>53594835
>not pulling the plug
m-muh uptime
>>
>>53595439
We do, use it to lift a unit up to secure it in the rack as wood doesn't damage metal cases.
>>
>>53595751
>buttmad OP can't accept that he's retarded
>>
>>53595197
If HR says that you shouldn't put yourself in danger and you do it anyway, then it's your own fault if you get hurt. As in, you get hurt but now you have no case against the company. This is why HR exists.
>>
>>53595736
The person is laying on the ground. They're already dead, man. Trying to be a hero will only add the risk of you hurting yourself, and nobody will benefit from it. Not you, not the dead person on the floor.
>>
>>53595851
Assuming people are dead and leaving them in a life or death scenario is a great way to kill people
>>
>>53595751
>I don't know how physics works
>>
>>53595815
you're right, HR only exists to remove the company's responsibility from every possible scenario, even if it means coming up with policy that completely defies common sense and logic. i would happily take the small risk of being electrocuted if it means saving a co-workers life. sorry you're such an autist, i know it's hard for you to understand.
>>
>>53595784
>>53595736
>>53595711
>>53595680
>>53595133
>>53595090

These, OP. >>53594835
To clarify, if you don't remove the wire among bigger chances of killing the persons there are long term effects, described at the bottom part of this page http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/12834/1/The-Effects-of-Electric-Shock-on-the-Body.html
>>
>>53595751
A regular voltage wire doesn't kill someone instantly, they are electrified, and depending on the person, can survive few seconds with the current passing through them.
Get a wood something, like a chair or broom and push the wire away you fucking pussy.

>>53595751
Fucking retard. Let's just hope it's you who touch the live wire first.
>>
>>53594835
>Why would there be a piece of wood in a server room?

>not carrying wood in your pants at all times

Gotta be prepared
>>
>>53594835
I've written and Passed my CompTIA A+, and the questions asked are nothing at all like this. I call BS.
>>
>>53595890
>electrocute yourself
>coworker died regardless
>you get fired
>can't sue company because no case
>wife leaves you and takes your kids with her because you are now worthless
>no other company wants to touch you because you don't know how to follow rules

Hope it was worth it, "autist".
>>
>>53595999
Say what you want, the proper answer is D.
>>
File: 1450936590635.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450936590635.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
>>53595999
what company would fire someone after that situation??? if anything i'd get a pay rise to shut me up since how someone comes into contact with electricity is the bigger issue here.

also >having children
>>
>>53595964

the question implies that the person has been on the floor with the wire on top of them already. most likely for a good amount of time. the question doesn't say "they slipped and fell on a live wire".

Also

>remove the wire to keep everyone else safe

yes, because it'll fucking matter whether or not the wire is on a dead body or the floor. no one's gonna get near it anyway.
>>
>>53596066
>the question implies that the person has been on the floor with the wire on top of them already. most likely for a good amount of time
No it, doesn't. You don't know that. Remove wire first to be safe.
>>
>>53596066
>hello 911? My husband had a heart attack!
>well he'll probably be dead by the time we get there, I'll just call the coroner for you
>>
>>53594835
>why would you try to remove the wire
To not kill him you fucking retard. Leaving the wire while having extensive knowledge on how EASY it is to remove a wire without electricuting yourself destroys all chances of that guy surviving. You'll get charged with manslaughter for being a useless fucking retard.
>>
File: 1385208271182.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1385208271182.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>53595762
>>53594835
This.

Is a life not more important than the server? Are you hosting NYSE in the scenario?
>>
OP failed the test for a reason
>>
>>53595090
>B as acceptable
Please go learn some basic first aid. EMT P here and you willy nilly grabbing a live wire has as much a chance as turning you into a victim as well. First rule of basic first aid. Do not become a patient yourself.
>>
>>53594835
d is the only sensible answer, why the fuck would you call the police? is it illegal to lie on the floor under a piece of wire?

>hey bro help me out i fell over and this wire is me
>bro c'mon get dat piece of wood
>NA BRO I'MMA CALL DA POLIZE ON YO ASS
>wtf bro u srs?
>>
ITT:
Literal retards who don't know how electricity works.
>>
>>53597284
>duty to rescue laws
lel
>>
>>53595964
I want to afree with you but if he died from any 120 v or even 240 cable that's just natural selection. I mean cmon it's not exactly high voltage bare copper.
>>
>all this talk assuming the person on the floor is being shocked
what op wrote doesn't say the person is being shocked
>>
>>53599314
You assume worst case scenario
If he isn't being shocked and you don't remove the wire that's still you being a Fucking idiot
>>
>>53599545
absolutely

if he is being shocked, moving the cable with a stick doesn't put you in risk, and can only make the persons' situation better, it would be neglect on your part if you didn't try that first
>>
File: 1392958975568.png (516 KB, 872x720) Image search: [Google]
1392958975568.png
516 KB, 872x720
>>53594835
What the fuck? As if you can move a wire heavy enough to knock a grown man to the floor.
>>
>>53599593
my best is calling someone else to do it
>>
>putting others before yourself.

Do yourself a favor and call 911 first.
>>
>>53599545
>>53599593
Have you fuckos considered the possibility that in attempting to move the wire, you once again complete a circuit around the unconscious person's body?

Clearly neither of you have taken ANY first responders courses, wherein they tell you that if you don't know what you're doing, don't try to fuck with anything, because in most cases you'll make things worse.
>>
>>53599736
>works in a datacenter
>doesn't know how to handle a wire
>>
>>53599736

this x100

but on the exam, common sense is thrown out the door. only procedure shit, they want you to think like a robot.
>>
>>53599770
>doesn't know how to handle a wire

Well, since everyone else here is a retard, but thinks themselves a hero, next possibility: there's damage to the electrical system of the room and while reaching for some nonconductive material, you touch something else that you are unaware is electrified, and now you're fucked too.

The first fucking thing you do is kill power to that entire room. The fact that /g/ is unaware that this is step 1 is unbelievable.
>>
>>53599832
Big red switch on the wall to immediately kill power to the room and activate alarm. It's in every data center and most rooms that have a rack in small companies. But I dunno if op is making this whole thing up. I'm going to download the vce exam file because I know comptia a+ is piss easy but this story doesn't add up
>>
>>53599083
>why the fuck would you call the police? is it illegal to lie on the floor under a piece of wire?
911 isn't calling the police, it's calling emergency services, be it police, fire department, or rescue squad
>>
>>53601329
you're right, could've sworn i read 'police', but i guess not
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.