[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Want to make a Chrome OS VM >Google 'Download Ch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1443149316084.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
1443149316084.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>Want to make a Chrome OS VM
>Google 'Download Chrome OS'
>First result is on sites.google.com
>Click it
>It tells me to go to getchrome.eu
>Doesn't even redirect me, just displays a link
>ok
>Go there, see a list of available downloads
>Get redirected to Depositfiles.com
>Get our gold membership to not be a fucking loser, else wait a minute for your download to start
>While I'm waiting go to the tab of the previous page to see if there are other options
>There's a torrent option
>Oh, thank God
>Launch transmission
>0 peers
>Go back to browser
>That getchrome.eu tab is now telling me I've won a lottery and prompting me to click something
Does literally nobody at Google want people to download their spyware distro?
>>
>>53587723
You're completely retarded. Google makes the source code to Chromium OS public so anybody can download it. If you want to run ChromeOS on something that isn't a Chromebook, you have to compile it yourself. That's just how it works.
>>
>>53587723
>sites.google.com

that's person hosted websites, by google

they can put w/e they want there..
>>
>>53587741
>That's just how it works.
That's not how it works in any other Linux distro I've tried.
>>
>>53587762
So Chrome OS is unlike other Linux distros you've tried then..?
>>
>>53587762
ChromeOS isn't any other Linux distro. Chromebooks have a special BIOS (or EFI, dunno which) that ChromeOS requires. ChromiumOS can be run on normal hardware though.
>>
>>53587762
It's how it works with Android, which is the closest Linux distribution to ChromeOS in terms of how it's handled.

Google doesn't really care if you use their software or not.
>>
>Google Chrome OS is not a conventional operating system that you can download or buy on a disc and install. As a consumer, the way you will get Google Chrome OS is by buying a Chromebook that has Google Chrome OS installed by the OEM.
http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chromium-os-faq
>>
>>53587762
It'll help to stop thinking of it in terms of being another Linux distro, but in terms of being a custom OS that uses the Linux kernel.
>>
>>53587896
>It'll help to stop thinking
I guess
>>
>>53588399
Was that supposed to be funny or are you just retarded?
>>
>>53587723
>You've won the lottery
Do you even adblock you casual?
>>
ChromeOS is native only to chromebooks and requires specific hardware and firmware. ChromiumOS which can be found on the Chromium Projects can be used on pretty much anything.

Even better, install something like Papyros or Gallium if you want a more full linux experience.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.