[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question for /g/, pertaining to the culture of /g/. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: jgwae.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jgwae.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Serious question for /g/, pertaining to the culture of /g/. It will take some explaining, so bear with me.

I've been visiting 4chan about six years, mostly as a /b/tard, but I get involved with other boards as well.

I frequented /g/ quite a lot over the years, because while I'm reasonably tech-savvy, I'm not a coder or a builder or a CS student or anything like that, yet these elements have always been in the background of my life.

So about two weeks ago I get a free PC, not new, not ancient, and install Mint MATE on it, so I can have a dedicated GNU desktop so that I can envelop myself in Linux and git gud. Lacking any formal training, that's the only way I have learned about systems, by just using them and solving problems as they arise.

So these last two weeks I have been visiting /g/ every day, mostly just to use the wiki, but I browse through the posts on my way through.

Is it just me, or do I notice a definite change in this board from even a few months ago? I mean the Friendly Linux Thread is good, but there's just something else wrong with this board compared to the way I remember it as a casual lurker.

I used to be SCARED to post my tech-help problems, lest I be b&. Now there are tons of faggots making "help me" threads with apparent immunity. (Whatever happened to lurk moar and fgi?) Even three months ago, I would never have created a thread about /g/ culture.

And all this shit about Windows being superior to Linux? When did that start? I happen to think Windows 10 is fine, I've got 2 machines running it, I think "don't upgrade" is a meme, but who cares? Use whatever windows you want. Windows is not better than Linux, however, because they serve different functions. (Disclaimer: I also think free software will triumph.)

tl;dr I'm annoyed that /g/ isn't as good as it was very recently.
>>
This screams underage
Also, do you by chance browse 4chan using clover?
>>
File: image.jpg (784 KB, 1526x2616) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
784 KB, 1526x2616
Shit thread. Rolling for Caffeine Addict Wizard.
>>
>>53587530
thanks, rolling
>>
>>53587539
Der Führer
>>
>>53587530
Rolling
>>
>>53587530
wizzo
>>
>>53587584
FML
>>
>>53587584
Shit wizzo
>>
>>53587530
zimbabwe
>>
>>53587530
roll, hoping for janitor, scruff looks gud
>>
>>53587530
Rawls
>>
>>53586503
It's the influx of kids from /b/. You see underagers shitposting in many threads. Why they're on /g/, I don't know.
>>
>>53587882
Most of the people came here from /b/ raids. Eventually you find a board you can identify yourself with and leave /b/ullshit.
>>
>>53587530
Autobots, roll out
>>
>>53587530
rolling
>>
While I agree with you, OP, I tend to just visit the same threads (mostly generals) and they don't change as much as the board as a whole. But yeah, looking at the catalog kind of hurts these days.
>>
>>53587530
seth rollin
>>
>>53586503
Shills my friend, they always find some idiots spouting theire meme
>>
>>53587530
ch-ch-ch-check 'em
>>
>>53587530
Rolling
>>
>>53587530
rolling for money
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.