[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Downgrading software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Have you ever had to downgrade your software because the older version works better than the newest version? Tell me about it.

It happened to me this week. On my tablet, F-Droid recently alerted me to a new version of VLC. I upgraded from version 1.6.6 to 1.9.0 and 1.9.0 gave me nothing but trouble. VLC 1.9.0 would crash constantly so I downgraded back to 1.6.6 and now everything is peachy keen again.
>>
Downgraded phones to root them and downgraded from buggy ROMs back to stable ones.

Haven't really had a problem with apps. If it stops working I just find one of the other 10 that fulfill the same purpose. For example: Google maps takes over 30 minutes to find my GPS signal even with Geolog. It crashes when GPS status or GPSfix are running. So I said fuck it and installed Waze and it finds my location in <1s and has more information about the roads and conditions and traffic.
>>
>>53583672
I wish my phone could be downgraded. I'd love to get cyanogenmod onto it, but from the poking around I've done I've determined that I'm fucked. It's an LG Thrill 4g with android 4.something on it.
>>
>>53583752
I don't know what that phone is
Looks like you should have done more research before buying.
>>
i used quickpic for android, pretty much the best image viewer
it was acquired by this chinese botnet company which is listed on nasdaq and some other chinese stock
and they added "cloud features" and other tracking features and started reading contacts and all the information
had to downgrade
>>
>>53583787
nah, it's an old phone I've had for years
>>
>>53583645
utorrent 2.2.1 is godly
>>
I hear you OP, checked that changelog, saw network browsing and insta-installed. It works but it's all over the place, sometimes refusing to close or crashing and killing my battery in the background. If you check the play store, 1.7.x is the stable build still so I am not sure why f-droid pushed it through so quick.
>>
>>53583645
windows, office
basically microsoft products are the obvious example
>>
RoyalTS, an RDP / password manager I use at work. I was on 2.whatever and then 3.0 came out with a metro style UI that used up even MORE space than the old layout, which is not great to begin with. I need as much screen space possible for the views that I'm RDPing into
>>
Still on Firefox 35,
updated recently, it disabled some plugins and half my add-ons,
went back
>>
>utorrent 2.2.1
>5.0 android to 4.4
>>
>>53585362
yeah 4.4 is quite a bit faster than 5. 6 got better than 5, still not as quick as 4.4
>>
a lot of android apps were good tier while in beta phase. after they got critical mass, start including massive ads or limited function.
now i always make a backup before update anything
>>
>>53584284
>utorrent

it's μTorrent nigga
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.