[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Small/stupid questions thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1335738194812.jpg (81 KB, 425x366) Image search: [Google]
1335738194812.jpg
81 KB, 425x366
All your questions that don't deserve their own thread go here.
>>
>>53577064
How do I get my isp to change my ip which is static
>>
Someone plz help, I've been trying to setup this cryptostorm VPN but I just keep getting taken on rides through forum posts that tell me that this no longer updated and you should go to this page instead, over and over.

I finally find myself at this github

https://github.com/cryptostorm/cryptostorm_client_configuration_files/tree/master/linux

what do I do with these files? I thought I needed a .conf file.
>>
>>53577107
Change you MAC.
>>
>>53577064
Where can i get my hands on that portable GCN mod?
>>
>>53577125

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-14-04
>>
>>53577146
Shut the fuck up nigger, his IP is not associated to his computer but to his router. Changing his MAC adress won't do shit.

>>53577107
You can only call directly your ISP and ask them. Maybe they can make your IP dynamic, just ask.
>>
>>53577164
you can't post on 4chan through a vpn
>>
>>53577193
>Changing his MAC adress won't do shit.
Yes it does, on certain cable modems it will get you a new IP.
>>
My headphones set is working oddly. One half of it, actually. The right ear sounds great, but the left sounds very quiet and almost like a phone speaker (a fuzzy sound with little to no bass frequencies.) Tried them on different devices (laptop, phone, pc) and it's the same. Of course I can change the system audio balance so the right side is not louder, but the fuzzyness and lack of bass on the left side persists.

Is it busted or can that be repaired? If so, should I take them to a shop or it's something I could do myself?
>>
>>53577306
try blowing compressed air inside the cans there might be like...a strand of hair inside of there that is creating the buzzing noise
>>
>>53577164
>>53577218
Ok I went through this tutorial and got stuck at the same spot, where the fuck do I get the .conf file!?
>>
>>53577392
I found this but I'm not sure if these are outdated or which one to use.

https://vpndark.net/Config/Linux/
>>
>>53577150
This was a render floating around a few years after gamecube release. People were hoping this would be the new portable system. It wasn't. I think this was just a random fan made mock up.
>>
>>53577346

Well, the fuzzy distortion is gone, it sounds clear now. But it's still half as quiet as the right side.
>>
>>53577150
You don't. You make a portable Wii or Wii U instead, and hack it to hell so it can run Wii and Gamecube games off of a flash drive or sd card.
>>
>>53577193
You know routers have a wan mac right? Change the mac in the router moron. I change my IP almost weekly.
>>
>>53577306
When I've had that problem, it was a nearly broken wire, probably weak solder or something on the inside.

If it's a normal pair of headphones, and not like earbuds, you could probably replace the cable yourself using some solder equipment and screwdrivers.
>>
I dropped my Galaxy Note 5 in a puddle of water and the screen flickered for a while

Left it in a bag of rice overnight, and it the screen worked fine but the touch screen didn't work at all unless use the S Len, so I replaced the rice and put my phone in again, now it all works fine

Am I in the clear? Is there any chance that there's still water in my phone that can fuck it up?
>>
Why does XFCE make these fake unclickable copies of my icons on my desktop
>>
I replaced some chinese standard industrial 0.20A fan in my 650V PSU with 0.07A Cooler Master 'silent' case fan.

The old one one (that started acting iffy, starching against the grill etc.):
http://www.ascendtech.us/h-x-s-dc1202512sm-dc-brushless-fan_i_cfncdc1202512sm.aspx

Replaced with this one (so far work perfectly, fairly cool air flows out of the PSU etc.):
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/silent-fan-120-si1/

Cooler Master one is 0.07A 1200 RPM and the old one is 0.20A 1400 RPM.

My PSU won't die anytime soon from overheating, will it?
>>
>>53577306
>>53577606

I opened up the headset and found that the speaker was loose, dislodged from the plastic piece, but all the wiring was intact. I just stuck it back in and the sound returned to normal. So, fixed. Just gotta reassemble the headset.
>>
>>53577064
When I download a .zip or package in linux mint that contains a software (the arduino ide in this case), how the hell do I run the program without digging through the folder trying to find the executable?
>>
As I understand it there's no difference between SATA 2 and SATA 3 for HDDs?
>>
>>53578265
no
>>
I have a Raspberry Pi running OSMC (Kodi) and qBittorrent-nox (webui).

All my trackers are marked as "Not working".

Google is being pretty useless.

Any ideas?
>>
>>53577995
Nah, PSU fans are always over engineered anyway.
>>
File: 1360811187761.jpg (50 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
1360811187761.jpg
50 KB, 400x438
>>53578323

Thanks.
>>
can anyone using openbox tell me how much ram it's using for you right now? (the wm only not the whole session) thanks
>>
is it feasibly possible to create an OS by yourself?
>>
Is there a key for windows where you can delete the whole text inside an input field without marking it?
>>
>>53578537
TempleOS
>>
>>53578537
It sure is.

http://www.templeos.org

You just need to be really talented religious fundamentalist schizo programmer with all the time in the world due to house arrest for killing a CIA nigger.
>>
>>53578305
Port forwarding checked?
>>
>>53577064
I've never had a problem with my w7 machine asking or forcing me to upgrade to 10. What did I do right?
>>
>>53578584
oh so thats what happened
>>
Funtoo or Gentoo?

Near as i can tell, funtoo does not have its own boot cd. It uses the Debian kernel. It uses the Gentoo repos. So... what does it actually have of its own?
>>
>>53578587
Was checked but I had to do it in my router.

Weird, didn't have to do it before.
>>
File: Yamcha_Emperor_Pilaf_Saga.jpg (10 KB, 180x241) Image search: [Google]
Yamcha_Emperor_Pilaf_Saga.jpg
10 KB, 180x241
How do I get motivation to do things?
>>
>>53578757
You, Anon, can't create internal motivation, you depend on external motivation. You need the environment to motivate you.
>>
>>53578757
force yourself to.
>>
Do 144hz monitors exist for under 200 dollary doos?
>>
>>53578757
listen to music
go outside and walk in a random direction til you see shit (not from shrooms)
talk to random people online in chats
>>
got a nice t400 thinkpad, want to run win7 and ubuntu 15.10, do i install both (and how) or install 1 and visualize the other (and how), working with a 60g hd, most data will be held on a high capacity sd card
>>
if you end up doing a dual boot, install windows first to save you a lot of pain and suffering.
>>
I don't wanna pay for Microsoft if I can get it for free. I've been told I could boot it to the box I build from disk or USB device. Question: Could I boot it from a portable hard drive, or would it have to be a thumb drive?

Also, rate my build plox. Ignore the Bluray burner.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FqnjP6
>>
If I image/ghost my current SSD onto a bigger SSD should I be able to just 'plug and play'?

Please help, /g/ I only have <1Gb left on my C:
>>
Whats the /g/-est Browser, I've always liked firefox, but then they started copying chrome, I've been able to work around it but now it's just getting straight up buggy, and trying to keep it good is too much work. Preferably with an Ad blocker and No Script.
>>
What's the least bloated blu ray playing software for me to pirate?

>>53579438
I use Pale Moon because it's based on Firefox from before they started copying Chrome. I don't know or care if /g/ would approve.
>>
>>53579331
yes, you can just dd a small ssd to a larger one then resize the partition to fill the new space
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.