[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to steal internet thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: wifi.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
wifi.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Hi Tech,

so I am moving into a new house, I have been trying to steal some wifi

I've used a long range antenna and can get a stable connection from the local library on my windows 10 laptop

What I want to do is route the connection through a router so I have wifi throughout my house for all my other devices

Is there any way to do this? Or am I stuck with one connection on my laptop?

Thanks for any answers bros
>>
Buy a router and set it up as a repeater. Buy one with a detatchable antenna. The wr841nd is good and has openwrt support.
>>
first answer best answer
>>
>>53576471
you will never get the quality of service equal to a paid connection, because your latency will be high. I do this and playing cs go competitive matches on it sucks ass, it's hard to get good ping this way. But for things like torrenting it should be good enough for u good luck
>>
you can buy or purchase some modem and put it in wireless distribution system you only would need matching the media access control but for this you need have access to the 192.168.0.1 address of whatever depending
>>
Breaking into private networks is a felony you know. Just do what I did, get boost's 55/month unlimited lte plan, set your phone with a vpn, buy pdanet, enable wifi hotspot on your laptop through pdanet and blam, you now have internets for everything.

I regularly use 60-80gb of data a month and so far so good. Speeds are okayish, like 8mbps on the phone.
>>
>>53577640
DELETE THIS

But for real though stop telling people about this, it's bad if everyone is using boost as their personal isp, we could end up with like 1mbps speeds for everyone. The less that know the better.
>>
File: 1436656650121.gif (1009 KB, 257x199) Image search: [Google]
1436656650121.gif
1009 KB, 257x199
>>53577640
>>53577730
Shit, now I'm gonna sign up for this.
>>
>>53577772
Just keep your trap shut about it please, My speeds already drop to 6mbps during the day, I can already tell more people are doing this.
>>
There is no internet cable lay down where I lvie and Used to have this set up some years ago, it was cheap as fuck to set up and it worked fine as long as you get a good connection.

Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT installed set as repeated mode.
RP TNC to N Male pigtail adapter, connected to a grill directional antenna on the roof.

Nowadays I use a TP-Link router with a powered antenna because I had to move further away.

I'm not stealing it though.
>>
>>53577817
>I'm not stealing it though.
According to law you probably are. You can't even use unsecured wifi if you don't have permission from the owner. Some "unsecured" wifi networks are honeypots/data stealing hotspots so I'd becareful if I was you.
>>
>>53576471
give it back, jamal
>>
>>53577852
No, I'm literally not stealing it. I'm just moving it to my house because there is no wiring here.

I'm the owner.
>>
>>53577903
Oh well that sucks, wifi can significantly increase latency especially over long distances.
>>
>>53577956
I can play games online without problem, this set up works fine as long as you get a good connection from both sides.

If the AP broadcast isn't strong enough you're going to have lots of dropped connections.
>>
>>53578091
Also sometimes the hardware just fucks up and a reset is needed so I have to go and unplug that shit for 5 minutes.
>>
>>53577640

Sounds not worth it at all. I'll just pay $35/m for cricket and then pay for a decent internet service.
>>
>>53578192
The thing is boost will give you unlimited high speed lte, cricket will not.

Also sprint>at&t stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>53578217

I don't care about phone service. But I'm not going to put up with crappy 8mbps at home that's for sure.
>>
>>53577640

And for $60 a month I was getting 55-60 down and roughly 5-6 up

Always look into broadband options before resorting to a shitty prepaid cellphone to supply internet
>>
>>53578353
The thing is with a sekrit setup like that you only pay for the phone service instead of $35 + $60 a month. Though this is all assuming you get good lte reception in your area and the network there isn't under much load.

Actually most ameritards can barely get 3mbps cumcast (capped at 250gb) for $60.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.