[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bluetooth Speaker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: jbl_xtreme_3.jpg (36 KB, 790x430) Image search: [Google]
jbl_xtreme_3.jpg
36 KB, 790x430
Alright guys I've been looking for a bluetooth speaker to use for the upcoming summer that will be used at outdoor parties, fotball matches etc.

My current choices are JBL Xtreme and the JBL Pulse 2. I mostly care about sound since it needs to be loud but the Pulse 2 has some cool features too plus it's a bit cheaper, any help?
>>
>>53576469
cant you just be like every other redneck sports fan and open your car doors and just blast music that way?
>>
>>53576479
>he thinks I'm an uneducated fat american

I'm european and soccer=fotball here and I don't mean going to matches we just play against each other for fun.
>>
>>53576479
Also it needs to be portable because most places aren't accessible with cars.
>>
>>53576469
JBL Xtreme

>>53576479
oh boo hoo I'm not a normie, I don't have any friends!
>>
>>53576469
They are shit, main problem is that bt uses 2.4ghz expect shit like wifi, mobile signal (3/4g) stop working while you listening to shit or other way round speaker not connecting when there is wifi activity.
Also they are undercowered, overpriced and shit, get normal speakers dont be a faggot.
>>
>>53576469
I'm happy with the JBL charge + my dad bought me. They perform better than my Yamaha HS50M studio monitors when it comes to listening to music for entertainment.
>>
>>53576550
Okay thanks, any particular reason why?

>>53576551
What type of speaker do you mean?, I need to be able to bring it along on my bike.
>>
>>53576551

I haven't had any connection issues. My Marantz AV receiver on the other hand... drops BT every ten minutes.
>>
>>53576633
What speaker do you have?
>>
>>53576651
JBL charge+. My old man was talking about how he doesn't use his home stereo very often because his little JBL is so good. I was laughing at him, so he sent one (We don't live in the same state).
>>
It says the Charge and Pulse are on 16W, the Xtreme is on 40W. Is that a big difference? I am terrible at speakers.
>>
I have a jbl charge and it does the job pretty well. Bose sound link mini blew it out of the water when I rested them but I couldn't verify the extra hundred bucks. I found the pulse too quiet.
>>
>>53576551
Nigga obviously haven't heard the LG UE Boom speakers
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
Get a Bose sound link mini ii

Best purchase I've made in a long time, and you can have multiple devices connected to it. It's a fucking bliss. And on top of that, the sound covers my entire room.
>>
>>53577597
I don't think it's loud enough, i'm going to use it outside too so it probably won't be enough.

Is anyone familiar with Fugoo XL? slightly more expensive but appears to be better overall than the Xtreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3OYsZHVgYE
>>
The most important thing to look for is size and weight. Bigger and heavier is better.

I like the sylvania sp-328, here it's only ~$30-$40 and sounds great, loud enough to use outside or in a factory environment. (Can't find it on amazon.co.uk though so you may be out of luck)

Those modern tiny weenie speakers like the bose mini etc tend to sound great in a small quiet room (home, office stuff) but fall apart in an outdoor or loud environment. In those environments, they sound great if you're within a ~3m radius, outside of that the "fake bass" effect drops off and they just sound like tinny radios, if you can hear them at all.

Speakers I've heard that work well in a factory/outside environment:

- My SP-328
- The biggest JBL thing (coworker)
- The UE Boom (coworker)
- The biggest Bose speaker. Soundlink? Soundlink pro? (coworker)
- Some big Klipsch thing (coworker)

Mostly pay attention to dimensions, not watts. 1. Everybody lies about watts and 2. Small speakers waste a lot of watts making that "fake bass". Two 3W speakers in a big box are going to make a hell of a lot more sound than two 5W speakers in a little box due to the way sound works.

If you just need it to be audible/loud in a ~3m radius (tailgating etc), pretty much anything modern will do. If you want it to be audible out on the pitch/ factory floor you should look for something that's like bread-loaf/ juice carton sized or bigger.

And bluetooth is a meme, 99% of the time you're better off just buying 5 99p aux cables and duct taping one to the speaker. Better sound quality, better battery life, can use old-school mp3 players so no streaming ads/phone call/text interruptions etc.
>>
Has anybody tried one of those large speakers like JBL boom blaster for example. I was thinking maybe buy one of those and it seems like they have a plentiful connections of for my mobile phone and also have decent lasting battery because I might want to use it in a loud environment and the tiny speakers won't cut it
>>
>>53577597
>>53577777

I have the SoundLink mini II and at 85%+ volume it starts to distort hard. It is definitely not the best for outdoor use, but for indoors it's pretty much the best.
>>
File: 1456616931245.jpg (26 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
1456616931245.jpg
26 KB, 300x419
>>53576469
>Bluetooth Speaker
>>
>>53578008
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the JBL Xtreme (the one your coworker mentioned) then, it's around 2 kg (4.5 pounds) so it's quite big and heavy and seems nice in the tests.
>>
>>53576469
get a cheap jbl charge 2 from ebay and update the softwar eto jbl charge 2+

i recently got a violet charge 2 for 50€
>>
I got an ion block rocker in the mail for $80 usd.

It would be great for outdoor parties. Its advertised as getting 70+ hours of use and I think thats accurate. bluetooth, 3.5mm line in, 1/4" mic in for PA or kareoke i guess, two 5v1a usb chargers. also am/fm radio tuner and ability to link two amps together.

It sounds pretty good, definitely enough for an outdoor party of less than 30 people
>>
File: _6334892.jpg (74 KB, 561x618) Image search: [Google]
_6334892.jpg
74 KB, 561x618
>>53578886
70+ hours battery I mean
forgot pic
>>
>>53578886
>>53578928
80$? it's 225$ here. It weighs 12 kilos though so sadly I don't think it will suit me since it's not portable enough and I don't usually have access to a car.
>>
>>53579072
on woot.com about a week ago it was 79.99.
I should have bought two since it actually was a good deal.

yeah its definately two hand portable, but I wouldnt want to lug it around more than 100 yards or so. it would not fit in any standard backpack. the extending luggage handle and wheels feature is fucking super lame if you ask me but it works fine i guess and doesn't add too much to the size. you'd be a major manlet to let anybody see you using it though
>>
>>53578928
Extreme good buy. I love mine....
>>
File: probablyagirl.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
probablyagirl.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>53579186
>>
File: untitled-1113.jpg (427 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
untitled-1113.jpg
427 KB, 1333x2000
>>53579186
Yeah, as I said I'll probably mostly be transporting it on my bike so I won't be able to carry something that big around, you can see the JBL which is still pretty big in the picture and it looks kinda dumb but it's still acceptable.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.