[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC audio interface thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: JuliA.jpg (66 KB, 800x575) Image search: [Google]
JuliA.jpg
66 KB, 800x575
Hello /g/entoo.

I am looking for semi-budget audio interface for my pc to use with my integrated amp, sound system and possibly a keyboard/stage piano

I have came across the following one on thomann and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the above / similar interfaces.

What are the things, other than the obvious, to look out for when purchasing an audio interface?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/esi_juliat.htm

Also general audio hardware thread I guess

>not a robot
>>
>buying a sound card
>>
>>53570646
https://m.thomann.de/ie/focusrite_scarlett_2i4.htm?o=6&ref=mal_a_6&search=1458398708
>>
I have that exact model, or the one before it if pci is not pci-e compatible or something.
>>
>>53570676
I always thought usb sounds interfaces always have minimal delay and quality loss because of usb transition.

>>53570701
Are you happy with it ?
>>
>>53570646
It's not the 90's anymore. PCI sound cards are practically obsolete apart from specific ultra high end multi channel studio applications.

Get a USB interface with a couple of mic pre's on you can afford, it will be MUCH more useful.
>>
>>53570745
I own the FireWire model pro 24 dsp. It's a great, but the io type is depreciated now and I don't think it's in your budget so check out the Scarlett
>>
>>53570745

Lolno. Usb 2.0 is plenty fast for audio. Actually it's very likely worse inside your PC because of how much RF interference goes on in there. Best to keep it outside the box and get an external DAC
>>
>>53570745

I used it with my Genelecs, with a sm pro audio nanpatch passive volume controller. Sound was all good, but I suspect the Juli@ was the cause for many bluescreens like that one thomann review says.

Get something easy and external you can use for many years.
>>
File: 1429212683668.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1429212683668.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>53570646
is the sound purer if the pcb is white?
>>
>>53570847
it have less white noise since pcb absorbs it, that's why it is white
>>
>>53570646
doesn't really matter what card you get anymore bro, audio processors are pretty good regardless of who makes them nowadays
just get something with the jacks you need so you can plug your shit in and rock on
>>
File: 7119072_800.jpg (53 KB, 800x479) Image search: [Google]
7119072_800.jpg
53 KB, 800x479
>>53571665
are you implying that I might as well buy picture related for 30 quid if I only need stereo input/output?
>>
>>53573940
yes. in fact, that card is fucking awesome for the price. best value for money around, familia
>>
>>53573940

From what I remember, it does ridiculously well enough on tests. Both by measurements and blindfolded.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.