[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boss wants me to register my fingerprints with 3M, is it hypocritical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160305_122327.jpg (32 KB, 583x328) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160305_122327.jpg
32 KB, 583x328
My boss wants me to register my fingerprints with 3M, is it hypocritical to say no when I use my Nexus 5X's fingerprint scanner?
>>
>>53570427
nope; nexus 5 is yours alone; no 3rd party
>>
Don't do that. If there wouldn't be any consequences, just don't.
>>
>>53570427
Retard. Why would you be concerned about them having your fingerprints? They know literally everything else about you from the hiring process. What makes you think giving your fingerprints is worse?
>>
>>53570427
Say no BECAUSE you use your phone's fingerprint scanner.
They're asking for access to your private device.
>>
>>53570638
I have not been fingerprinted since I was an infant
>>
Reminds me of that guy Case sees in the first chapter of Neuromancer who has montioring implants installed by his employer to keep tabs on him - as in it's a completely normal thing to do and Case is just wondering what the guy is doing in Chiba where that kind of implants will get you dismembered and harvested
>>
OP here, I want a career in computer security, will being printed affect that at all? I feel like it might be very detrimental if I'm ever a target for any reason.
>>
>>53570920
It's not an x-ray, do you think it poses any harm for your body or something?
>>
only in america
you really can't make this up
>>
>>53570427
Your prints are used for an FBI background check dipshit, your boss will never see it.
>>
>>53574575
No, I work for a retail store that offers the fingerprint background checking as a service, we get paid 3 USD per case, in order to qualify for it I'm required to submit my prints to 3M and the FBI
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.