[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do you support encryption, /g/? Are you a terrorist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: encryption.jpg (134 KB, 692x692) Image search: [Google]
encryption.jpg
134 KB, 692x692
So why do you support encryption, /g/?
Are you a terrorist?
>>
>>53569475
I got fizzbuzz in all coding languages that I want to keep to myself
>>
>>53569475
Nice try FBI
>>
Stop baiting people with flawed logic please.

Idiot.
>>
>>53569475
Because the NSA collects data of everyone, not only terrorists.
>>
>>53569475
To protect my fap material.
>>
>>53569475
You sound like a narc.
>>
I don't want the feds to peek in my 65GB futa stash
>>
>>53569522
>inb4 nothing to hide, nothing to fear :^)
>>
Same reason I have shades and locks on my doors.
>>
>>53569475
I just think it's a neat idea. Plus imagine if someone else was going to hack into your computer. If you encrypt everything it makes it all the more harder to access it I believe. Plus your files (portfolios, videos, resumes, 'private' photos, a .txt with all your passwords in it) are safe without the encryption key.
>>
Everybody has secrets. Please post your financial records, SSN and credentials to every service you use if you disagree.
>>
I got libreboot and use ECC ram that is glued to the motherboard. Fuck you NSA you aren't getting my shit
>>
I don't support encryption. I just have a bunch of unintelligable random data on my hard drive for fun. Nothing encrypted here. Just a series of 0s and 1s. :^)
>>
>>53569475
Get out
>>>/t/umblr/
>>
>>53569597
Your storage controller firmware could still be backdoored. Not to mention your lack of network counter forensics.
>>
>>53569475
Retarded SJW from FBI
>>
>>53569597
Please don't confuse error-correcting code with elliptic curve cryptography.
>>
>>53569894
>not knowing about row hammer
say goodbye to your rare anime when NSA comes over
>>
>>53569917
Implying anime and USA residency. Not knowing about TEMPEST.
>>
>>53569539
>>53569616
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>53570985
https://www.wordnik.com/words/carat
https://www.wordnik.com/words/caret
>>
>>53569475
If the U.S. government wanted combinations and key copies to every physical lock, from padlocks and deadbolts to safes and vaults, people would surely be outraged. People would see, whether or not they could articulate the thought clearly, that in a society where you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty you should be able to go to bed at night knowing that the things in your personal safe are actually safe, and that taking that away from you because you might commit a crime one day is antithetical to American values.

If the government opened and copied every single piece of mail that passed through any part of the U.S, and stored the copy in case they ever needed to investigate your activities, it would be seen as a civil rights violation and a violation of the U.S. constitution.

When exactly the same thing is done for electronic communications and data storage, no one cares, even though the potential for security breaches and privacy invasions is far greater. "I have nothing to hide", they say. Is it because people have such terrible computer literacy that they do not understand what is really happening? Do they have such a poor understanding of history that they think anyone who ever opposes the U.S. government must be wrong? Is it because they are genuinely frightened of the U.S. government's current incarnation of the bogeyman? Some combination? Something else?
>>
>>53572520
It's already a pasta. It was posted last night here >>53564261 with a revised final paragraph here >>53566347
>>
>>53569475
Why do you not provide us a live stream to every room at your place? Are you a terrorist?
>>
>>53569498
hahaha, that was cool one
>>
>>53572336
Yes, you are probaly right, but many people don´t live in America and that´s why many countries have other opinions about "safety". But the big datakraken from the US grabbs the privacy of users outside US and I really don´t understand the sense of the whole intern safety argument. Most crimes against the US are coming from iniside and the terrorist-problem has Europe in this age. So the only reason for america is surveilance for lobbyism and shit. The things crazy homeless people yelling about. So if you don´t want to get craycray, you should´t think about it anymore and give up encryption, cause governmentdevelopment reasons and shit.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.