[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Routers & Priavacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: glenn-greenwald.jpg (35 KB, 660x398) Image search: [Google]
glenn-greenwald.jpg
35 KB, 660x398
I'm in the market for a new router.

However, The government has been intercepting internet hardware in the mail and implanting hardware that gives them a backdoor to the equipment.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiES3eoxCdc

Which router should I buy that will actually be private? Which routers are actually sucure these days?
Which brand names should I avoid?
>>
>>53560413
Are you Glenn Greenwald or in any doing something that would make you a target?

No?

Then don't fucking worry about it. They don't have factories set up to perform this. They do it for targeted companies and individuals.
>>
>>53560413
>not building your own
You were cucked from the start anon
>>
>>53560427
>They don't have factories set up to perform this.
um, yes they do.
>>
MikroTik
>>
>>53560427
It illegal for them to do that to Glenn Greenwald. You say that like intercepting his hardware purchases is justified.

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: NSA factory.png (420 KB, 652x362) Image search: [Google]
NSA factory.png
420 KB, 652x362
>>53560427
>don't have factories set up
>>
>>53560461
Vulnerabilities

On June 15, 2015, Brian Krebs, an online reporter, reported that "recently, researchers at the Fujitsu Security Operations Center in Warrington, UK began tracking [the] Upatre [trojan software] being served from hundreds of compromised home routers – particularly routers powered by MikroTik and Ubiquiti’s AirOS."[21]
>>
>>53560563

>implying home users patch their network equipment
>>
Here's a solution.

Blow your god-damn heathen brains out with a shotgun, because you're obviously some sort of criminal or a pedophile.
>>
>>53560695
Nope. I'm a law abiding citizen of the United States who believes that Edward Snowden is a hero and the NSA is a tyrannical organization. If you want the right to privacy, you have to exercise that right.

Use it or lose it.
>>
File: 1433794813647.png (85 KB, 625x621) Image search: [Google]
1433794813647.png
85 KB, 625x621
>>53560695
>>
it doesn't matter. which ever router you purcahase will be talking to your ISP's compromised servers and switches.

there is no where to hide anymore.
>>
>>53560563
Devices that are setup wrong in the first place, they probably allow ssh and have webgui exposed nothing new.
Have you ever scanned the internet for vulns ?
Cameras and webcams and many more shit is vuln because wrong configs.
>>
>>53560932
>scanned the internet for vulns ?

of course not. that's illegal
>>
File: 1439936046089.jpg (45 KB, 393x591) Image search: [Google]
1439936046089.jpg
45 KB, 393x591
>>53560964
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.