[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can this thing be put in a WWAN slot? http://www.ebay.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: s-l1600.jpg (264 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
264 KB, 1600x1200
Can this thing be put in a WWAN slot?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sandisk-32GB-SSD-SD5SF2-032G-Mini-PCI-E-mSATA-Solid-Hard-Drive-For-laptops-/201460031501?hash=item2ee7f4200d:g:XyoAAOSwB4NW1b9G
>>
>>53557516
What laptop? Assuming it's the WWAN slot of a laptop.

That's an mSATA drive, so it requires the WWAN slot to also support mSATA. If it doesn't, it won't work.
>>
>>53557516
>PCIe connector
>>
>>53557533

Dell Latitude E5430
>>
>>53557516
Depends on if your mPCIe slot supports mSATA. From my experience the WWAN slot may not, but the slot your Wi-Fi card is in might. You could just pop the Wi-Fi card in the WWAN slot and use the mSATA card in the slot you just freed if that's the case.
>>
>>53557516
You can put it into the WWAN slot because they are both mPCIe devices.

Whether or not your mPCIe supports mSATA is another thing.
>>
>>53557537
They use the same hardware for the port/slot, but different wiring and standards obviously.

>>53557584
>dat sass

>>53557553
Some simple googling turned up the following: probably won't work.
>>
Do they make actual mPCIe SSDs or just mSATA?
>>
>>53557622
There are some 8gb or so mPCIe SSDs you can find here and there that were for like Eee PCs or something but like 99.999% are mSATA. The mPCIe ones require a SATA controller on-board, and the space they have is already tight so that doesn't really work all that well.
>>
Not op but is it a good idea to get that card he linked to?
>>
Can anyone link an SSD that would work on the WWAN port?

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/about-us/news/4113
>>
>>53557986
It's not a WWAN port, it's an mPCIe port
>>
>>53557879

Help, should i trust this chinaman.
>>
So, does anyone know where one could buy an SSD which would work through PCIe and what model would it be?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.