[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i really fucked up guys. everytime i boot up my pc, it brings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1610x998) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1610x998
i really fucked up guys. everytime i boot up my pc, it brings me to this screen, and then after, that brings me to a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left corner of the screen. Apparantley, my primary slave is missing, but my pc was working just fine the other day. Please help
>>
>>53557208
Time for an upgrade.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>53557265
i know its an old pc, but i just found it laying around the house, and kept it due to the memories ive had with it

also, here are its insides
>>
You need an upgrade, pajeet.
>>
That processor is from 2003. Your hardware is literally worth $5. Replace the entire thing
>>
>>53557208
I'll be your primary slave OP
>>
My only guess is that the HD is broken, but good luck finding an IDE drive.
>>
this guy posted this on /b/ earlier...

apparently, he's trying to keep the files on the drive because he's too retarded to understand how legacy hardware works.

OP, read the goddamn sticky.
>>
>>53557653
>trying to keep the files on the drive
What?
>>
>>53557691
I mean, he doesn't want to lose them. He's trying to access them on the drive, and he can't boot into his OS.
>>
Check cables on drives, check motherboard battery and bios settings .ide 133 pci raid card for mirror is good to avoid loosing files ,boot a gparted disk/usb see if you can mount and backup add a sata 3.0 card ssd the beast
>>
Holy moly it's real. It's totally fucking real!
>>
>>53557208
Throw the hardware in the dumpster, then kill yourself. Faggot.
>>
>>53557984
You have to go back to /b/, my wayward child.
>>
>>53557208
It's not booting, so it might be a hard drive problem
>>
>Athlon XP 2200+
>not even a based Barton 2500+ OC'ed to 3200+ specs

DESIGNATED
>>
>>53557208
Check your time settings. If it's set to the manufacturer date, your CMOS battery is drained and need to be replaced by a new one.
>>
>>53557208
Try booting with out the cd drive.
>>
i've seen one ide connector on the mobo fail on two different pc in my time. swap the cable from the cdrom to the hard disk.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.