[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is arch a meme distro >install with no issue >nearly as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png (137 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png
137 KB, 2000x2000
is arch a meme distro
>install with no issue
>nearly as easy as mint
>boot into arch
>create a new sudo user
>need internet to use pacman and get packages
>go to wiki
>to manually set up wifi install iw or wireless-config
>wait you want me to install packages off the internet so I can connect to the internet

Honestly this has to be a meme I was able to fix this but there is no mention of this on the forum. please tell why this is a thing
>>
>>53552322
retard

you install the wifi packages you need when you chroot during the installing
>>
>>53552322
arc x gentoo it's just a /g/ meme
>>
>>53552337
yer I figured that, but the "well written wiki" never mentioned that
>>
Wifi installs during installation process. I had this shit laptop, no idea what wireless it was running. So I just installed ALL the wireless drivers. Worked.
>>
I agree. I'm pretty beginner in the grand scheme of things.
I've been running it for about 3 months, blindly updating everyday with no problems at all.
Anything I need to do, I either use common sense or just google it.
>>
>>53552337
yes it does
>>
>>53552352
it does actually

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners'_guide#Change_root
>>
I have never used Arch before, but can't you just install non-free wireless packages just like any other distros OP?
>>
>>53552376
I stand corrected, I guess I am just autistic
>>
>>53552405
it's ok m8

we're all a little autistic sometimes :^)
>>
>>53552430
well I did fix it myself, but you know I guess I missed that entirey
>>
>>53552446
At least you were able to fix it, and didn't give up.

That's a lot to ask a lot of autists on /g/.
>>
>>53552405
No, you aren't. An autistic person would have noticed that.
>>
Easy fix is to mount the partitions and chroot again and install the necessary packages
>>
>>53552995
I know you fixed it already I just wanted to tell you
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.