[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are vidyo gaymes and gaymin in general the cancer killing technology?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1414553522142.jpg (75 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1414553522142.jpg
75 KB, 800x1000
Are vidyo gaymes and gaymin in general the cancer killing technology? Its their fault we are wasting technological resources on useless shit like video cards, 'moar ram' and 'moar cores', instead of focusing on quality and actual innovation. Thank good with have companies like Apple that don't think like that.
>>
>>53541880
No, people thinking that shit will go down are the cancer.
>>
>>53541892
Its not about going down, its about going the wrong way.
>>
>>53542042
what's the right way, fampai?
>>
>Stop liking things I don't like!
>>
>>53541880
> gaymers be like "more cores means better performance"
> while playing games at 1080p
> buying 8 core cpu
>>
>>53541880
wai u talk laike nigger
>>
>>53541880
Lots of CPU's are made for servers/professionnals. How is it killing the field ?

>>53542198
It's useful in some gaymes, such as FarCry 4 (surprisingly).
>>
>>53541880
What's wrong with gaming? People enjoy gaming. Improving rendering and game performance is still innovation, I'd say.

I mean, how fucking immature do you have to be to hate on people that enjoy video games? Does everyone have to like exactly what you like?

>Hurr, durr, people are different. I hate people that are different. Why can't everyone be exactly like me? What's wrong with the world?
>>
>>53542042
How is this the wrong way? Maybe it's not the way you'd like things to go but that doesn't mean it's objectively wrong. That's just your personal opinion. You should respect the opinions of others too.
>>
>>53542419
being a gamer is fucking cringy if you are not a 12 yr old, for fuck sake read a book instead of wasting your time staring at moving pixels and installing sex mods for skyrim
>>
>>53542507
being a book worm is fucking cringy if you are not a 12 yr old, for fuck sake go get a job instead of wasting your time staring at pile of paper
>>
>>53542419
i know i will be bashed saying this but fuck it...
games are good and dandy, but people are spending too much time on them that discussing anything not games related is so hard with these people.
i try as much as i can to acquire useful knowledge, philosophy, psychology, literature, technology, and what ever falls in between
well i am not saying those are fundamental to everyone to know but whoever i talk with is always discussing LOL, dota, skyrim, and yadda yadda yadda.
its games games games, soccer, cars, girls, movies... etc
is this what concern us nowadays? entertainment?
what about life? morality? change? heck even politics?
i know these are boring stuff and painfully vast and most the time just ends with nihilism, but they are important.
we are the first generation to have a chance to acquire and share so much knowledge than ever been possible before with the birth of internet
but all we care for is entertainment.
if i dont make sense i apologize, English is not my primary language
>>
>>53542446
>objectively
>"that's just your opinion"

Holy shit stop posting
>>
There's plenty of work being done for non-gaming fields. It is however, one of the cancers killing /g/'s technology discussion.
>>
File: 945[1].jpg (180 KB, 1500x884) Image search: [Google]
945[1].jpg
180 KB, 1500x884
>>53542419
>how fucking immature do you have to be to hate on people that enjoy video games?
about 1250x less immature than the average gamer
>>
>>53542716
Guess you should've spent less time being a pseudo-intellectual lecturing people about their hobbies and more time learning english.
>>
>>53542716
fag
>>
File: 12763.jpg (208 KB, 437x500) Image search: [Google]
12763.jpg
208 KB, 437x500
>>53541880
since PC's have existed games have been the primary force behind new and faster components with more memory and higher performance.

this has to be bait, nobody could really be this dumb.
>>
>>53544668
>>53545781
I lol'd
>>
>>53541880
if it weren't for the video game industry and innovation in rendering, you'd still be using a 386 and "640k ought to be enough for anybody".

Video games introduces the artistic side on effectively manipulating code. Think about how crazy it was when ID Games introduced shadows on a 486 with the game Doom. It was quite revolutionary at that time period.

Addtionally, don't mistaken CPU and GPUs. Games don't use CPU power like they used to; it is now on the GPU. Innovation in GPUs have given the average user much more ability for parallel processing needed for servers and such.

Go video games!
>>
>>53541880
I agrea. Thank good with have companies like Apple.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.