[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 2001+15 and I'm still on xp pro. What do I win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: winxppro.png (8 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
winxppro.png
8 KB, 640x480
It's 2001+15 and I'm still on xp pro.

What do I win?

>trying to stay away from windows 10 for as long as I can.
>>
Shit in your mouth
>>
Malware
>>
>>53535361
>>53535344
rajesh pls go
>>
>>53535361
Never spent 1 buck on security and never had a real problem that I couldn't fix in a matter of minutes.
>>
You win an upgrade to Windows 7.
>>
File: to.gif (33 KB, 288x285) Image search: [Google]
to.gif
33 KB, 288x285
>>53535328
I wonder, is there any way to patch DirectX12 into WinXP? I heard there was a group attempting to do it, I would happily go back to XP if that happened
>>
>>53535412
did they even get DX10 working on XP? I remember that some group was trying to do it back in the day.
>>
>>53535412
This.
>>
>>53535383
I thing I could roll with win 7, sad part is I'm a laptop user so I kinda have to deal with the pre-made packages and now all the laptops run win 10.
Trying to stay away from that shit for as long as possible but I'm eventually gonna have to take that step
>already pissed about the hours I'm gonna have to spend to learn customizing it and removing all the invasive and useless shit.
>>
>>53535382
>never spent 1 buck on security and never had a problem that i'm aware of but that's not saying much because i'm too thick to even pirate windows 7, never mind the fact that any desktop application i'm using which runs on xp would work just fine on any modern linux distro
>>
>>53535412
more likely wine/mesa will get dx12 before xp
>>
>>53535458
teach me how to into linux and vpns pliz
>>
>>53535467
go to google and type "install linux mint". Click on the first link and follow the instructions
go to google and type "set up vpn linux mint". Click on the first link and follow the instructions
>>
>>53535495
k thanks.

Are there any good free vpns for linux or win, or do you have to pay for quality?
>>
I am calling about a malware threat on your Microsoft computer
>>
>>53535431
They did.
>>
>>53535518
VPN service providers (HideMyAss, PIA etc) are platform-agnostic so they don't care what OS you're using.
Yes, you have to pay if you want anything worthwhile.
>>
>>53535608
i remember them getting around the halo 2 pc "dx10 only" problem, as it turned out the requirement was pretty much superficial, to try and push people away from xp, the game didn't really need dx10

beyond that i don't know if any other dx10-only games function on xp
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.