[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It Just Works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 1znmnwn.png (117 KB, 438x357) Image search: [Google]
1znmnwn.png
117 KB, 438x357
5% of Mac users at IBM call the help desk, compared to 42% of PC users

http://bgr.com/2015/10/15/mac-vs-pc-ibm/
>>
The real work is being done on the PCs so they have issues more often. When the mac stops working you just restart photoshop, oh, and make sure you save your work as you go!
>>
>>53527229
>open the flood gates of the walled garden
>tfw mac users go into mass suicide hysteria

nothing of value would be lost
>>
>>53527229

Most of the macfans @ IBM are very familiar with Macs. There's also no such thing as a custom MacOS load. Or weird dual GPU configurations (like in current thinkpads). Memory can't jostle loose on a MacBook because it's soldered to the motherboard.

Macs limit your options in the name of usability... The build quality is generally better than a Lenovo because it HAS to be. But macs still have a bang-for-the-buck issue...
>>
>>53528018
Build quality is shit though.
>>
>>53527229
But Macs are PCs
>>
>>53527229
0% of Gentoo users call the help desk
>>
>>53527229
>work IT, we have 15 Mac users and 120+ PC users. I know and constantly help 10/15 Mac users. I'm guessing anyone at IBM with a Mac only has a Mac because they know what they are doing and prefer the OS.
>>
>>53527229
whoah whoah whoah

i support a hybrid environment mac windows and mac is shit. sorry.
>>
>>53528184
0% of 0 is just 0.
>>
>>53527229
Is that a reflection of them needing a help desk more, or is it because the apple runs a better help desk that makes it worth calling?

Isolate your variables, son.
>>
>>53527229
Because they do fuck all
>>
>>53528276
Haha, nice meme. I run Gentoo.
>>
Makes sense. All of the people that use macs are old Unix hackers, so they fix their own problems.
>>
>>53528283
This. These statistics don't actually mean anything. Any meaning attached to them is just to push an individual's agenda.
>>
>>53527229
>Higher quality product
>Easier to use operating system (compared to GNU/Windows)
>Less problems
>>
>>53528329
You could say that about any statistic which makes your remark worthless.
>>
>>53528329
since you think there is an agenda, what is the end game for IBM supporting Apple?
>>
>>53528357

It doesn't take into account how many pcs vs macs there are, how old the pcs are, what the support calls involved, how the workplace is structured (do they have users using different machines? Do they have one particular machine per user?). All it has is 5% of Mac users call for support as opposed to the 40% of the pc users that call for support.
>>
Mac users can't even figure out the phone system lol
>>
>>53528472
I meant the agenda of people in this thread. And maybe the article's reporting. IBM's agenda is what any corporation is when restructuring, projected cost cutting through results from internal reviews.
>>
>>53527229
That's because there are more Windows users than Mac users huuurrrrr

Jesus fuck this is the
>Mac's are more secure because they have less malware
Argument all over again
>>
>>53527294
>real work is being done on the PCs
hahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>53528477
Those are all minor variables that all together couldn't reasonably justify a factor 8 difference. The only reasonable explanation is that Macs are more straightforward to use at IBM.
>>
>>53528587

That's not necessarily true. We don't know anything from this data alone. You're just assuming based on your biases.
>>
>>53528299
>>53528489
>>
>>53528707
>iphone put apple on the map
>user can't figure out the phone.
sure bud, tell that to my university where everyone that once had a Sun workstation his desk now has an iMac.
>>
>>53528677
How is it minor variables? What if we have 80 pcs/users for every Mac? Then we have a much higher variable to work with. Remember, we don't necessarily know what these help desks actually involved. They could mostly consist of "the printer stopped working" which is more to do with the network and not the PC itself. They could involve the hardware of the PCs failing due to age, which would probably be one of the main reasons why macs are being rolled in.

I'm not going to use this data to excuse or glorify either side, because it's not comprehensive enough to be useful in saying anything accurately, other than the specific volume of calls from each user.
>>
>>53528587

>malware

Transmission says hello.
>>
>>53527294
>The real work is being done on the PCs
they are doing the same work on both
>>
>>53528587
>what are percentages
>>
>>53528143
Like he said, better than lenovo
>>
>>53528990

When the mac stops working they just throw it away and buy the newest iDevice
>>
>>53528184
can't divide by zero anon

>>53528356
>news
Yeah. Well it's OK bait for /g/
>>
>>53528299
I'm an AIX admin, and I use a Mac
>>
>>53529525
>IBM employees
>doing what you do when your junk stops working
nope, newfag.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.