[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Addon for wiki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: wikipedia-logo.jpg (23 KB, 316x380) Image search: [Google]
wikipedia-logo.jpg
23 KB, 316x380
ever since the wiki update saving images has been a pain in the dick.
as most of you know, the latest version of all wikis now have a nice feature for image revisions.
this means you can go back and forth to older and newer images easily
however, it fucks up file-names depending on how yous save the image!

here is an example:
http://any.random.wikia/images/theimageiwanttosave.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151011234123
now, in any normal circumstance, you save the image, and it saves as "theimageiwanttosave.jpg"

however, with this new revisions feature, dragging and dropping images ALWAYS saves the image as "latest.jpg"

this makes it incredibly agonizing to save multiple images from wiki unless you want to right-click, save-as every single time.

there is a simple fix to this, simply cut off the revision

here is an example:
http://any.random.wikia/images/theimageiwanttosave.jpg
saving this by drag-and-drop will save with the original file name

what i would like to know is. is there an addon i can install that will let me filter out certain parts of the address bar?
(in that way i can set a filter for /revision/latest?cb=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
or, is there an addon that gets rid of this specifically for wiki images?
>>
>>53521012
bump
>>
>>53521012
When they pushed this shit I just blocked JavaScript on wikipedia.org and now I get the functional, old version of the image viewer again.
>>
>>53523103
What do you use to block java?
>>
Literally chrome
>>
Oops. I just realized this is a Wikia issue not Wikipedia.

Still, if anyone has a fix...
>>
>>53523411
bump
>>
bjmp
>>
bump

its like this board is either dead, full of idiots, or kids who don't know what im talking about.
>>
>>53527069

Stop acting like a prick. I'll write a bash script for you if you give me an example article's image.
>>
>>53527170
You're pretty based.

This is an link:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yang-wenli/images/5/5c/Julian_3.png/revision/latest?cb=20101017224430

This is what it looks like without revision.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yang-wenli/images/5/5c/Julian_3.png
>>
>>53527220

I wrote it in bash, but realized you were probably using windows, I'm trying to do it in python now.

#!/bin/bash

read -p "What is the URL: " urlLink

urlLink=$(echo $urlLink | sed s:"/revision/latest?cb=".*::g)

echo $urlLink
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.