[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't you just love it when installer related shit get's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (188 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
file.png
188 KB, 1440x900
Don't you just love it when installer related shit get's on your root directory of your C:/ drive?

What do YOU /g/ love about Windows?
>>
It's not OS' fault you don't know how to install shit properly.
>>
>>53519422
I've had the same exact thing happen to me. What program is that? I just deleted that shit because of my OCD.
>>
>>53519422
>kaspersky and mbam running at the same time
are you retarded?
actually nvm, just answered my own question
>>
This would never have happened on loonix OP
>>
>>53519422
You know, you can make folders....
>>
>>53519449
>>53519447
Steam did it, gave me no option.
>>
File: laughing baboon.jpg (39 KB, 372x341) Image search: [Google]
laughing baboon.jpg
39 KB, 372x341
>>53519422
>get's

>>53519449
It's from one of your wife's son's childish games.
>>
I love that it handles font rendering in the kernel
I love that the kernel also takes care of scrollbars
I love that I'm restricted to shit filesystems
I love that it has a registry
>>
>>53519470
Go to settings... It asks you what drive to put it in. Make, folders. If steam is confused. Tell it where to gind the game after it is moved. Magic
>>
>>53519494
> i hate that everything just works
> im retarded
>>
>>53519502
This affects nothing. Some games just dump their shit wherever they like during install, regardless of how you have Steam set up. All the folder setup in Steam affects is where the main download goes. Once the game's own installer runs on first boot, it can do whatever it likes. I sometimes find these VC Redistributable files dumped on my secondary drive after installing some obscure piece of shit.
>>
>>53519529
>Windows
>just werks
Thanks anon, I needed a good laugh
>>
>>53519531
And to be clear, I install my games to my secondary drive anyway. Obviously some installers just have things set up so that these files are dumped to the root of the drive to be run during setup, then fail to clean them up afterwards. Blame shitty developers.
>>
>>53519531
>affects nothing

page file fragmentation

>nb4 SSD
>>
>>53519591
Nice reading comprehension bro. It was being said that the Steam install settings don't affect this behaviour.
>>
>>53519422
>Steam does retarded shit
>blame Windows
Don't you love it when uninstalling Steam wipes out some system directories?
What do YOU /g/ love about Shitnux?
>>
>>53519614
Oh, yeah I feel like a dumbass now. Anyway, OP's screenshot is an openoffice installation.
>>
I love having to have the same .dll file multiple times much more convenient than having shared libraries
>>
>>53519675
This. Centralization is dangerous anyways, what if a hacker injects a hyperthread into one? Boom
>>
>>53519675
hell yeah friend

I love having over 10 gigabytes of the same shit. Gotta love 100+mb installers for 10mbs worth of an actual program. wooo!!!1!!1
>>
>"get's"
kill yourself
>>
>>53519422
>Chrome
>Skype
>Transmission
>MEGA extension
>Malwarememes

I'm giving you a free pass for Steam simply because there is no better alternatives but damn dude, you are one with the Botnet.
>>
>>53519422
>love about Windows?
keeps most of the idiots contained to one environment; some of them slip to other systems though
>>
>>53520505
>Transmission
>bad
>>
>Select all those files.
>Properties>Hide.

UFF THAT WAS HARD.
>>
>>53520930
>not having show hidden files and folders turned on
>2012+4
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.