[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, blackberry just got fully dead (facebook app got reduced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Sony-Xperia-Z3-Compact-617.jpg (88 KB, 1240x840) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Xperia-Z3-Compact-617.jpg
88 KB, 1240x840
So, blackberry just got fully dead (facebook app got reduced to website shortcut, killing entire concept of Hub) and therefore i'm looking for new phone. I guess i can't get qwerty, so i prioritize battery life and smoothness, plus it have to be <5". I was thinking about Z3 Compact, but it's ugly as a sin (nevertheless as far as my research goes, this is what i'll buy if i won't find anything better).

Any recommendations?
>>
>>53518539
It calls, it texts, it browses the Internet. What more do you want? How long have you been aware of your own autism?
>>
>>53518539
Z5 compact
>>
its a phone not an autism hub
>>
>>53518539

BlackBerry priv is a thing...
>>
>>53518941
blackberry priv is one of most expensive phones on the market. No way i'm paying this much for a phone.
>>
Now's the time for you to get an IPhone 5s for 200 bux
>>
>>53519094
Buy me a new lumia 950xl and you can have mine...
>>
>>53518539
Z5c desu
>>
>>53519133
Why would you switch your z3c?

>>53519144
Why should i get z5c over z3c? Is z3c hardware somehow insufficient for today android standards?

>>53519127
I was actually considering it, but i'm kinda afraid of apple making 5s obsolete soon. It's great idea though, 5s looks great and (as far as i used it) seems to be working smoothly.
>>
OP wait for LG G5.
It's 5.3", so slightly over your size, but it also has a removable battery, an SD card slot, flagship specs and firmware support.
>>
>>53519265
I forgot to mention that price is also an important factor for me. Flagship with good old "features" sounds great, but i bet it'll also be pretty expensive.
>>
>>53519246
No z3c. I'd trade my priv for a 950xl...
>>
>>53518539
>I guess i can't get qwerty
If you like QWERTY and Android, you can get a Blackberry Priv. It's exactly that: a blackberry with Android.
>>
>>53519246
Z3c overheats like a mofo, in z5 it seems to be fixed, also better camera and fingerprint reader
>>
>>53518539
>leaving the masterrace because you can't Facebook the way you want
Oh come on anon
>>
>>53518539
refurb 2014 flagship
>>
>>53518539
>Android
>smooth
nice meme
>>
>>53519463
My htc one m7 srill runs smooth I dunno what you Apple shill are talking about.
>>
SAMSUNG ALPHA
it's cheap and good
that's it really, look it up

No one has this shit so Samsung thinks no one wants a phone like this.
>>
>>53519417
I don't really care about camera or fingerprint reader, i have DSLR for pretty shots and even q10 one is good enough for everyday shots - but overheating sounds like important issue. Does it affects battery as well?

>>53519549
it was my first guess because it looks pretty nice, but i heard battery is shit

>>53519442
facebook is very important way of communicating with people today.

>>53519454
I don't even mind used ones, but well - z3c is 2014 flagship, isn't it? Just keep in mind that my choice is heavily limited by <5" requirement (although i guess i can ignore it if something is really, really worth it).

>>53519463
I don't except bbos kind of smoothness, but androids with a lot of RAM can run pretty well. Plus i love tinkering with OS, so i can make it smooth enough with tweaking.
>>
>>53518539
>plus it have to be <5"
You're fucked, m8
>>
>>53519971
>facebook is very important way of communicating with people today.
Nah
>>
>>53519971
>z3c is 2014 flagship, isn't it?
Well yeah but i was thinking about s5, g3, one m8 and the likes which have less expensive refurbs.

>my choice is heavily limited by <5" requirement
Pretty much what this anon said >>53520010
, your only option then would be a z3c.
>>
>>53519463
>apple fags get a 30$ android from 2009
>OH WOW THIS SUCKS ANDROID MORE LIKE LAGDROID SCREW THIS SHIT
>proceeds to buy a 700$ flagship iphone
They do the same with laptops, and I hate it so much.
>>
Alrighty, OP here: i decided i'll get used Z5 Compact. I searched and only downside i found is terrible software, but i guess i can easily fix it.

I can already feel how uncomfortable lack of hardware qwerty will feel.
>>
>>53521845
wait a minute, isn't crapdragon 810 the overheating one?
>>
>>53522014
It indeed is, however, it's not much of a problem with the Z5C. Sony's done a good job taming the beast. It does get tad bit hot at times, but I've never had it throttle on me.

Also, who's claiming the software is horrible? Sony's software is probably the best Android software after Google's AOSP software. Sony's email app can't even be touched, no matter how hard devs try.
>>
>>53522211
I've seen bitching about sony launcher lagging from time to time in at least two reviews. Maybe it got fixed with time.
>>
>>53522233
Also, is 2gb of ram more than "just" enough for modern android? I wouldn't want to replace my phone again in next year just because of RAM.
>>
>>53519971
Nigga the MM update fixed the fuckery that was Lollipop. Also the Z5 family ditched the magnetic charging dock thing which is a point of failure from the Z to the Z3. Just get the Z5c mane it's about $100 more
>>
>>53522233
Never had a laggy experience with the Sony stock launcher, to be honest. Besides, there's loads of lightweight launchers that can easily replace the stock one.

>>53522261
I've never encountered any problems with limited RAM with 2GB. Chrome has crashed a few times when having 40 tabs opened in a short timespan, but that's about it.
>>
File: aae.jpg (24 KB, 601x469) Image search: [Google]
aae.jpg
24 KB, 601x469
>>53519442
BB knew this shit was going to happen but did nothing about it because they don't give a fuck.
Now my contacts and calendar will be fucked, and the Hub is now useless.
What's worse Chen's shills are out in full force trying to encourage everyone to drop $700 or their shitty android phone.
>>
>>53523080
>Now my contacts and calendar will be fucked, and the Hub is now useless.
WTF is happening?
I only got a facebook app update today (lol, using the facebook app), but those posts make me worried.
Should I switch OS updates off?
>>
>>53524283
The new Facebook "app" basically means no more fb notifications in the Hub, no syncing of events, calendars, or contacts from your fb account because the new version basically deletes all those settings.
It's not an OS level change so you don't have to turn off updates, but it's a huge fucking deal for those who use Facebook a lot, and for people like me who loved the level of organization afforded by the syncing with Facebook.
>>
>>53524384
Thanks, good to know. At least nothing to worry about for me.
Still, kinda sucks, that they fucked up their own app for seemingly no reason?
Maybe facebook changed some stuff, but then, the old app simply would stopp working, I guess.
>>
>>53524480
Facebook did make some changes, but that was a couple weeks ago IIRC. Why BlackBerry didn't even attempt to come up with a solution and are only telling us now is what is pissing off most of it's users.
>>
>>53524480
It will. Old, proper BBOS facebook app will stop working at March 31st.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.