[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frankensteining a PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1457590480508.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457590480508.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
Theoretically could xbox 360 parts be transplanted into a PC or is this a stupid fucking idea and I'm retarded?
>>
File: UW9nkcg.jpg (100 KB, 567x543) Image search: [Google]
UW9nkcg.jpg
100 KB, 567x543
>>53513794
the latter
>>
>>53513794
you can take the internals of a 360 and install them into a case, of course you would have to drill holes to mount the mainboard and shit

if you are talking about taking a cpu and gpu from a 360 and put it onto PC hardware, pass me the pipe because that sounds like some good shit you are smoking
>>
>>53513812
I thought so.
>>53513838
I was thinking more along the lines of transplanting any hybrid Intel pieces and seeing if I could calibrate them to function, not like solder my motherboard inside a 360 and pop in a disc. I'm retarded, but not entirely.
>>
>>53513871
>I was thinking more along the lines of transplanting any hybrid Intel pieces and seeing if I could calibrate them to function, not like solder my motherboard inside a 360 and pop in a disc. I'm retarded, but not entirely.
Can you simplify this?
>>
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/origin-pc-hybrid-liquid-cooled-xbox-360-gaming-computer-31-12-2010/

It has been done before
>>
>>53514101
If I'm not mistaken the chipsets and cpu are crossproduct compatible with multiple microsoft products, so I was trying to figure out if there's anything to do here to create some sort of functional pc primarily out of xbox parts. I have 5 xboxes that people have given me because they're otherwise bricked, but some internal parts still work. As the subject says, I want to try to frankenstein something. More for the challenge of doing it than actual functionality, but functionality would be a bonus.
>>
>>53513871
>hybrid Intel pieces and seeing if I could calibrate them to function
By calibrate, you really mean write your own drivers, which lol, even extremely talented and smart people would have a hard time homebrewing that shit.
>>
>>53514176
Yeah pretty much. I like tinkering with shit
>>
>>53514187
I'm sorry but that's not tinkering, that's complete reverse engineering, which by the way you speak about parts in an xbox360, I'll assume you don't know how to do.
>>
>>53514176
>>53514282
These. If you were skilled enough to do this, you wouldn't be asking.
>>
>>53514282
That's why I learn then, isn't it? I didn't ask if it was simple, I just asked if it was possible.
>>
File: Busted[1].jpg (41 KB, 300x120) Image search: [Google]
Busted[1].jpg
41 KB, 300x120
>>53514166
the chips are soldered onto the xbox mainboard. PC mainboards are simply placed on and locked into place. It simply will not work.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.