[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I were to buy music through the Google Play store, are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.png (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
34 KB, 300x300
If I were to buy music through the Google Play store, are the MP3s they make available to download 320 kbps?

>inb4 people shit on me for buying music or not going with spotify, I'm not ready to just give up my library for a cloud library just yet
>>
>mp3
deprecated
>>
>>53512236

>implying there is anywhere on the internet to buy FLAC from
>>
>>53512216

Anybody that shits on you for not going with Spotify or some other similar service is a fucking shill or been drinking too much of the kool aid
>>
>>53512216
>I'm not ready to just give up my library for a cloud library just yet
Why not go with Murfie?
>>
>>53512247

Yeah, but even my most hard core tech-inclined friends are dropping their massive music libraries and just going with spotify.

I can't stand the thought of not being able to listen to high quality music without either burning my data plan or phone battery.

I still use a standalone music player too, guess I'm old fashioned.

>>53512256

What's that?
>>
>>53512236
>I use a different format, so everybody else must be wrong
>>
>>53512245
>lossless on a phone
Opus > MP3.
>>
>>53512284

>implying I want flac on my phone

I specifically asked about MP3s in the OP
>>
>>53512247
Or maybe whatever they listen to isn't on Spotify.
>>
>>53512268

There's nothing wrong with services like that. If you're aware and okay with the fact that you're paying for access to a library and not paying for the library, then go for it.

I'm like you, though. If I'm paying for media, I want to have it as a product.
>>
>>53512331

It's too bad microsoft's zune pass went away, not that I ever paid for it.

>pay $X per month for unlimited streaming
>also get to pick a number of songs worth $X every month that you get to keep forever, even if you drop the service

I'd kill for that now.
>>
I'll answer your question, OP, instead of sperging out like the rest of these autists.

I have purchased 1 full album and 2 individual tracks from Google Play Music in the past year and yes they were all 320kbps. It says you can only download them twice for some reason. But once you download them once they're normal files, so you can copy them a million times over if you so please.
>>
>>53512802
You can only download them twice through the browser
Through the manager it's unlimited
>>
what do you use to play music on android? Is Poweramp worth the money?
>>
>>53512216
You know you can upload your illegal mp3s to the google play app right?
>>
>>53512268
murfie.com
You own CDs and you can buy more CDs and trade them. You never see the CDs, but you can download FLAC rips at any time, AND you can stream them.

Essentially it's all the advantages of 'cloud' music, without the licensing compromises.
>>
>>53512802
FYI they do have some metadata attached that indicates it was purchased from Google Play Music, but it only prevents you from downloading and uploading it to another Google account and can be removed by clearing the tags.
>>
File: out.png (45 KB, 542x726) Image search: [Google]
out.png
45 KB, 542x726
>>53512216
>>53512216
Please do not utilize non free services.
Have respect for your freedoms.
>>
Yeah anon.

Doesn't that shit get expensive though? Music is insanely priced imo.

I just use the streaming service and if anything ever gets taken off I just pirate it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.