[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to install Linux Mint 17.2 XFCE on my HP Pavilion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: P_20160315_212025.jpg (989 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
P_20160315_212025.jpg
989 KB, 2560x1920
I'm trying to install Linux Mint 17.2 XFCE on my HP Pavilion ze4800, and it never works past the slideshow. The slideshow ends up closing early and I don't get an install. I will also commonly receive error messages when booting the laptop. Pic related: one of the error messages I got when trying to run the installer after disabling the slideshow using "sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-mint" I'm out of ideas to fix this. What do I do, /g/?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>53512034
>Try installing iso with rufus
>Make sure the USB port is the one of your USB (2.0 with 2.0, 3.0 with 3.0, etc)
>Be sure to not be using one of these
If none of that works, try installing it with an external CD/DVD reader
>>
>>53512102
I've been using its built in DVD drive.
>>
>>53512034
currently learning about memory management. what does the second to last line mean?
>>
>>53512102
I'll try it with a USB.
>>
>>53512120
try usb with rufus
> built in DVD drive.
Now that's weird. That's supposed to be the best way to install an OS. Pray that it isn't a hardware incompatibility problem. Ideapads and some chromebooks models are infamous for this.
>>
File: GGEYU.jpg (105 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
GGEYU.jpg
105 KB, 500x494
>>53512095
>>
>>53512164
I'll find a USB and let you know if it works.
>>
>>53512034
>live ubuntu
>GUI
>just werks

at least you will have something to work with
is this your first time installing mint/a unix-based OS?

also, google any errors that you have, nobody on /g/ is going to help with your problem specifically. the most people will do is point you in various directions and shout things at you
>>
>>53512202
The thing is I had Ubuntu uninstalled by my brother a looooooong time ago. The last OS on it was Windows XP. This is my first time installing an OS.
>>
>>53512244
plonk ubuntu back on it
see if you can live without all your windows shit first

no point going through the hassle of installing mint then just booting into windows everyday to play games etc.
>>
>>53512302
The reason I'm installing mint is so I can use my computer without it being slow as shit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.