[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is the news peddling Google using AI for better advertising
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: alphago.jpg (208 KB, 987x984) Image search: [Google]
alphago.jpg
208 KB, 987x984
So why is the news peddling Google using AI for better advertising as such a horrible thing?

When I buy stuff, I research for hours looking for the food stuff and the lowest prices. If Google's AI does that for me, I get more time for anime and vidya.

If Google's AI can figure out which animes and vidya I'd like instead of me wasting hours of my life to see if they're any good, I'll gladly stop pirating and start paying.

Why is this bad?
>>
>>53510675
muh freedoms + privacy issues but people who are using google/chrome shouldn't complain about that
>>
>>53510675
well next Google AI will tell you who to vote, where to work, who to marry and when to kill yourself.
>>
advertising is expensive

you, the consumer, pay for it indirectly

it's like paying $n extra for packaging @ the store, and your quality of life decreasing because that particular chain bought out all the other stores and is now charging rape-prices

( see: walgreens )
>>
File: 1434993300979.png (417 KB, 1246x724) Image search: [Google]
1434993300979.png
417 KB, 1246x724
>>53510773

/thread
>>
To make one's own decisions, even for simple things such as purchases, is to be human. Why let an AI make decisions for you? Do you wish to become a vegetable?
>>
File: 1447151715487.png (127 KB, 230x345) Image search: [Google]
1447151715487.png
127 KB, 230x345
>>53510675
>If Google's AI can figure out which animes and vidya I'd like instead of me wasting hours of my life to see if they're any good, I'll gladly stop pirating and start paying.
Fuck that, watch this shit.
>>
>>53510675
Because you'll be offered the best good goy product, not a product you actually want. You'll have to research 100x as hard because google (the search engine you'll use) will be hooked into your life so thoroughly that you'll never, EVER be able to get any result relevant to your real query as opposed to a product advertised under the same "query class".

That's of course without taking into account the second angle: if an AI knows what you want, then so does google, and that information being valuable, it WILL be sold to the highest bidder. This represents a massive breach of privacy, even beyond the fact that the data used to profile you will be part of the deal.
>>
>>53510675
No google AI looks for the profit on google side, so gives you w/e will pay them more - sure balanced with your taste so it increases the odds of you buying it.
>>
>>53510816
Thank you, I saved this.
>>
How is it a victory against humanity when humans coded the AI? Fucking normies.
>>
>>53511396
>tfw hikaru no go was the first anime that made me cry so much
not even clannad can compete
>>
>>53510816
fucking this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.