[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MPV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: MPV.png (78 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
MPV.png
78 KB, 512x512
So I'd like to configure MPV for my mom on Windows. Problem is I don't know of anything like LAV that will set subtitles to come on automatically. Like the eng;eng thing. She's hard of hearing, and I don't want her to have to get up every time.

Basically, I'm wondering if there's any sort of GUI wrapper I can install for her. Being able to open files directly from the application would be a plus cause she's fucking terrible at using File Explorer.

Also, player thread.
>>
Using an easier software wouldn't be better?

MPC works just fine IMHO.
>>
>>53510249
This. She doesn't care about your autism player kiddo.
>>
>>53510198
The minimal GUI mpv has includes turning on and off the subtitles.
>>
>>53510265
She likes the purple. I don't fucking know, man.

>>53510288
Right, but sometimes depending on the source the subs might have a track for hard of hearing or just English. They aren't necessarily in the same order on every DVD, BluRay, .mkv of random tv shows she asks me to download.

It's spring break and I thought I'd try and help her with some random shit.
>>
File: mpv mpc.jpg (53 KB, 1724x583) Image search: [Google]
mpv mpc.jpg
53 KB, 1724x583
>>53510363
Then change the fucking icon that she uses to open it.

Still easier than customize your meme player. And you can hide the menus in the mpc if you want.
>>
>>53510363
>I don't fucking know, man.
The only frontend I know that's still being actively developed is baka and it doesn't keep the purple logo. She's gonna have to learn to deal with the config files.
>>
Is your mom hot?
>>
>>53510428
>Then change the fucking icon that she uses to open it.
Not a terrible idea, but that's not kind
>>53510435
I can always change the icon. She isn't terrible at everything, so it might work.
>>53510532
She used to be.
>>
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/en/mpv

So I suppose I've been living under a rock and this isn't a viable option for some reason(s)?
>>
Did the newest github build fuck anyone elses osc.lua? I had to downgrade mpv from the latest build because of the LUA errors, and the bottom bar wouldn't even show up.

Here's the github issue. https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1648

Anyone know how to fix this fuckery?
>>
>>53510852
Fucking sweet.
>>
>>53510852
Just grabbed this. This shit is fucking great.
>>
slang=en,eng

save in mpv.conf in the %APPDATA%/mpv/ folder

>>53511284
that's a year old. are you using a custom osc?
>>
>>53511369
>>53511630
Welp, apparently I haven't been living under a rock. Anyone tested it with lachs0r's mpv builds yet? I'll check myself when home from work.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.