[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
old vs new tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1446825874003.jpg (211 KB, 664x701) Image search: [Google]
1446825874003.jpg
211 KB, 664x701
Saw this in the New York Times today :
>old technology is working with your hands, in a Caterpillar moving dirt to build a house
>new technology is working on a website or search engine so you can get to your photos quicker and find the number for a crisis hotline.
>old technology is disappearing

This is BULLSHIT. Fuck new tech! What does /g/ think?
>>
>>53503374
I think you sound autistic.
>>
>>53503381
y-you too
>>
I think you should leave the technology board if you don't like technology, luddite.
>>
>>53503374
shitty newspaper makes misguided claims and some retard creates a thread about it on /g/

more news at 11
>>
>>53503381
Yeah, it sounds really weird to me too.

what does he mean?
>>
>>53503392
>implaying 'catepillars' wont be needed till the end of times
In case of crisis your GPU's are the first thing to fly out the window
>>
>>53503374
>old technology is disappearing
>This is BULLSHIT
Indeed.
>>
>>53503441
In case of anon being a retard:
'Catepillars'= heavy duty machines for building
GPU's= fancy electronic for entertainment
>>
>insects are technology
>>
>>53503374
It amazes me how "journalists" are more insulated from reality than NEETs and poorfags. Have similar reactions listening to Ary Shapiro and Rachel Martin.
>>
>>53503374
>New York Times
What the fuck is that?
Are serif fonts talking now?
>>
Ludditry / deep fear to change, leading to nostalgia fagging, leading to circlejerking online. Buy new tech now or become the new old people.
>>
File: 1452033268601.jpg (23 KB, 397x298) Image search: [Google]
1452033268601.jpg
23 KB, 397x298
>>53504443
new tech is just storing and sharing pictures online. Its not useful
>>
I highly doubt my cellphone is going to move 20 tons of earth to build my house.
>>
>>53505565
in the future your cellphone will just 3D print the ground into a flat surface for you to 3D print the frame needed to 3D print the fully insulated walls and roof onto
your choice of house and location will require about as much thought as which brand of beer you pick out of the fridge
in the futureā„¢
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.