[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all-in-ones What is the point of these things? They cost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 83-283-251-Z01.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
83-283-251-Z01.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>all-in-ones

What is the point of these things? They cost more than a monitor+desktop, are less portable than a laptop, and have absolute garbage specs. Who the fuck is buying these things (besides retarded macfags)?
>>
>>53502899
women
>>
>>53502899
normalfags
>>
People who have sex (with other ppl too)
>>
>>53502991
I have sex with other people too, and I don't use these things

Albiet it's with my boyfriend, so maybe it's a little skewed.
>>
>>53502899
A lot of people buy these, mostly people aged 40+ in my experience. They must think they look slick or something.

It has a big screen like you can't get on a normal laptop and you don't have a tower to deal with so it saves space.
>>
Huge display attached with laptop hardware.
Pretty confy for offices or place when you need to save space, and there is High-End ones, not because you saw a celeron one you think its the only one it exist
>>
>>53503028
The high end ones cost absurd amounts compared to a similarly specced laptop. It can't all be going towards a bigger screen.
>>
Tbqh I can see why these would be appealing.

Think of it from their viewpoint. They see computers as an appliance. They don't know what good specs are. What is important is a large screen, interwebs and plenty of space for all the family photos. What do these people hate? Desktops. They never understood why they were so loud and dusty. They hated the bulk and all the mysterious tangled wires. You don't need to think about purchasing a separate monitor. Plus in their view it's an elegant solution and makes an interesting 'futuristic' conversation piece for all their other clueless techboomer friends.
>>
>>53503319
>makes an interesting 'futuristic' conversation piece for all their other clueless techboomer friends.

kekker'd
>>
>>53502899
Some of them are cheap and use less space and energy.

For example, one cheap one with a N series celeron CPU, 4GB RAM and 768p screen its $200-250 and only uses 30-50w max.
More than enough for a normal person.
>>
>>53503422
Those celerons can barely drive the screens they're attached to. It's gimped as fuck.
>>
I got an old msi wind top in trade for a broken ps vita.

makes a great terminal.
>>
>>53503440
You underestimate celerons anon, they dont are that bad when all you use your PC for is for youtube and facebook.

Old ones? Yeah sure but recent ones are kinda decent.

Quad mobile celerons can do 1440p without problems.
>>
>>53503486
I have a 1366x768 netbook with a N2840, it's ok for what it is, but thing is that it's a netbook. I've tried hooking it up to monitors. It just sucks. I can't imagine how much worse it'd be if it was using a HDD instead of eMMC.
>>
>>53503003
ROAST BEEF GET OUT OF MY BOARD
>>
>2GB RAM with 32 GB on-board MMC

who the fuck thought this was a good standard?
Why is it on every single thing nowadays?
>>
>>53502899
Honestly, the only place I see them having use is in receptions and other office environments but even then there are cheaper alternatives

You can have a few at the front of a business where the public can see them since they do look pretty professional and not cheap but there's no reason to use them elsewhere
>>
>>53503656
You forgot
>64-bit Windows
Just to make sure you absolutely have no chance in hell at decent performance because an extra ~300 MB RAM is being eaten immediately after boot.
>>
>>53503670
64 bit windows wouldn't be bad, it becomes pointless because of the 2GB hard-limit these shit devices have
>>
File: chromebase.jpg (69 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
chromebase.jpg
69 KB, 350x350
It's beautiful.
>>
>>53503623

but anon, i'm a boy

>tfw able to find a qt314 and we play video games, code and talk shit about technology together
>>
>>53502899
Normalfag here. I work in a PC shop and these are an absolute nightmare to swap out hardware for.

People like the touchscreens, I've found.
>>
>>53503773
you use macs, right?
>>
>>53503656
What bothers me more is 32bit BIOS with a 64bit CPU.
Also non upgradeable RAM.

Question, in 2-1 tablets is it possible to replace the HDD that comes in the keyboard easy?
Sounds like something i would replace for a cheap SSD.
>>
Just because a device isn't portable doesn't mean size and compactness stop mattering.

For a tech user, obviously taking up a bit more room with way better hardware is much better. For someone who doesn't give a shit about tech, but still need it, might go with the thing that takes up the least amount of room possible.
>>
>>53504086
no sorry, debian on laptop and windows 7 on desktop

bf uses windows primarily but uses linux for work

>tfw brother is gay
>he's an apple fag
>>
>>53505152
IMO a slim bezel monitor and miniPC would take up even less space, or at least would appear to.
>>
I bought one just because it's the best way to read digital comics since you can use the landscape mode to get a full spread where each page is roughly as large as a print.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.