[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you can into socket programming in any language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-03-15_18-55-26.png (190 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-15_18-55-26.png
190 KB, 1440x900
How many of you can into socket programming in any language?
Do you have any projects going on?
What are you making?
>>
>>53502127
>How many of you can into socket programming in any language?
A few of us
>Do you have any projects going on?
Yes
>What are you making?
A bomb
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-15_19-05-46.png (98 KB, 724x459) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-15_19-05-46.png
98 KB, 724x459
>>53502127
VB6 and C

Trying to learn raw sockets in C

>What are you making?
i made a program to generate random IPs, and try to connect to them on given ports
>>
>>53502127
Socket programming is quite straightforward although the biggest caveat for beginners is that they don't realize TCP is in fact a streaming protocol.

Multiple.

>What are you making?
Not your business.
>>
>>53502127
>How many of you can into socket programming in any language
I can, python
>Do you have any projects going on
Yes
>What are you making?
A website for $$$
>>
>>53502127
i did some winsocks for a messenger bot for the network palringo

>tfw my first c++ project
>tfw the entire project is portable including my libs except my socket handler
https://github.com/CrimsonDove/Ravenclaw/blob/master/connection.cpp

got too lazy to maintain the project and forgot about it and also ditched the lame ass palringo service

>arabs at one point geo banned for distributing CP
>palringo introduces messages packs that cost money literally to post shit like trollface
>arabs get unbanned
>they literally start spending thousands on message packs and shit
>arabs now allowed to harass anyone with no worry about getting banned

it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>53502127
I wanted to learn it and that is a nice tutorial anon. Thanks.
>>
>>53502127
I did make hello world web servers in Perl and Python. But then I figured out I would have to follow a big HTTP flowchart and implement all kind of crap and whatnot and I cancelled my plans to build a webserver.
Thinking, if I should revive my Electron based website generator prototype. Working on my ticket/bugtracker system.
Looking for a Jerb.
>>
>>53502127
I'm making a realtime pair programming text editor with a web front end and a plugin architecture that makes it relatively easy to write a plugin to use your favorite text editor and lets plebs watch you program from the web app without needing to download a bunch of shit.

I'm cheating and using meteor for now, but it looks like my use case is quickly going to outgrow it or do some really hacky things with meteor's data protocol.
>>
>>53502127
would you consider me a cunt if I replaced get_in_addr() with a ?: based #define?
>>
>>53502127
where do I learn this shit without a specific lang in mind
aka, some pseudo programming syntax explaining concepts of sockets programming
>>
>>53504609
Beej's is pretty much good to get a good quick rundown. Unix Network Programming is a lot more comprehensive and is pretty general. Most network APIs are implemented differently although they use a common method of resolution, e.g. ACK/SYN, address types, etc., so I think while admirable to learn about how networking works, I think it is better to focus your efforts on a language. I recommend C(++) because it's naturally the most intuitive for network programming while preserving low-level components, but Python and Perl are really big on the scene due to mature network libraries. gl
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.