[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SUB 5″ PHONE THREAD MANLETS FUCKING DESERVES FLAGSHIPS TOO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: manlet.png (434 KB, 1060x1044) Image search: [Google]
manlet.png
434 KB, 1060x1044
SUB 5″ PHONE THREAD

MANLETS FUCKING DESERVES FLAGSHIPS TOO EDITION

Seriously, I like my phones small and there is few quality options out there.
Not an apple fan but I really consider buying their iPhone SE.
Android options beside the also overpriced Z5c?
>>
It's a wasteland
>>
File: 4chan_World_phone.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4chan_World_phone.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
Fuck that I want a multi sim unlocked phone that tethers
4g-3g-etc etc

Tough as nails (for real, not fake glass tough)
has a batter life and that I recharge with anything if I have to (like solar, car battery, a bike wheel generator)

It is jail broken.
Ideally I can code for it too (GPL) so I can fix bugs and add features at will (no wait)
I can SSH into this phone.
Like a debian/guix phone.

I need a basic screen for Email - SMS - and browsing - basic apps
Apps I can write too.

If I need more I tether to my sub notebook or thinkpad.

Cheap as fuck so I do not care if it breaks.
>>
File: lisp.png (341 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lisp.png
341 KB, 500x500
>>53495436
Once I need more than basic "heads up email", SMS, or Phone calls then I just need a modem for my computer that connects to mobile networks.

Like if I had to do work or SSH into a box.
>>
Just went back to an iPhone (6S Plus)
have to say it's a hell of a device. Albeit, not as customizable and "open" as my Android devices (S5, Nexus 7, S4) it is insanely fast, smooth, and beautiful.
>>
Don't get the SE. I work phone sales for verizon and I always explain apples 5c, SE, LG Lancet, and Galaxy Core Prime the same way.

Imagine you're baking something and you have a bit left over. That little side sweet you make with the left overs? That's those phones. Kinda the same thing but way less of it, and far less quality.

So I'm 5'6'' tall and I have small hands but I got the galaxy note 5 and honestly? It's fantastic. But if you want a smaller phone, get one of the galaxy S series. If you hold the smaller phones up to them they aren't that much bigger. You'll adjust and it's worth it too make the adjustment.
>>
Moto g 2
>>
>>53495552
>I'm a salesman and argue with customers they need more expensive phones with some stupid food analogy
>>
samsung galaxy mini lines

theyre not the best phones out there for performance but my my my are they comfy

i have a z5c and my brother has a galaxy s5 mini and i find his phone really comfy
>>
>>53493897
Z3C is the best phone i've ever used.
>>
>>53495808
actually i made a mistake he uses the s4 mini
>>
Isn't that Android flip phone Freetel's shipping out in Q2 technically sub-5? I mean, it's obviously more when it flips out, but still.
>>
>>53495808
>samsung
You're right, they aren't the best phones out there
>>
>>53495646
Is it really less expensive to buy a phone that will last 2+ years or I've that all be phased out by the company by the end of this sentence. Also I don't get paid depending on the price of the phone so I don't care which phone they get. I just want to make sure I don't see them every other day with problems because that will cost both me and the customer money.
>>
File: img160227192543c650690583.jpg (85 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
img160227192543c650690583.jpg
85 KB, 600x478
>>53493897
Please dont tell me thats how the 5SE is going to look.
Its just the fucking 5c with the gayass cover/back of the 6

So much for my hopes in this phone
>>
>>53495552
What are you talking about? The iPhone5 was my favorite phone. Now they're putting in an A9. Godlike.
>>
>>53496908
According to case manufactures it will be the same as the 5/5s.
>>
>>53497353
I hope those chink manufacturers are right.
I cant stand "curved" phones
>>
>>53495646
You've obviously never worked any sort of support our sales job... Maybe haven't even had a job.
>>
>>53497919
Various levels of IT starting in support.

How is the 5s harder to support than a 6s?
>>
>>53493897
>z5c apparently prone to overheat and random glasscracking
>iphone expensive as fuck (this price is not justified for what you get) and itunes

hah, but samsung is said to release a s7 mini which will have a 4.6 inch screen. I won't buy the new samsung though, it's also too expensive like an iphone.
>>
>>53493897
I'm with you op. These niggers need to stop making big ass phones. I want my phone to be small enough to fit in my damn pocket. Fuck these faggots. Phones should be small and easy to carry around. If you want a big ass screen buy a gay ass tablet. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>53495436
I'd buy phone like that. So basically like a "thinkphone" with a linux os
>>
File: 1448377366573.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1448377366573.gif
768 KB, 500x340
>>53498517
>Samsung Galaxy S7 Mini
>ONLY 599€

meanwhile:
>no changeable battery because fuck customers
>sd slot *INNOVATION*
>PenTile Panel with resolutions from 2014-15 instead of anything towards RGB like in 2011 with the S2 or Note 2 and dedicated RGB stripe Super Amoled PLUS panels
>Micro-USB 2.0

Just kill Samsung customers right now because they do not deserve it otherwise as they continue to give companies permission to fuck up everything as it is happening for years now since they do so

Yes I'm fucking mad
>>
>>53500041
Eh, blame customers for no removable batteries anymore. They upgrade every two years anyway which means that a removable battery won't make any sense. It sucks, I know. If you want a flagship android with removable battery and sd card slot you have to buy lg and their phones are fucking huge.
>>
File: 1457920037430 (1).jpg (26 KB, 938x525) Image search: [Google]
1457920037430 (1).jpg
26 KB, 938x525
>>53500217
which is why I'm going to leave Android behind, after a bit of lube through a planned Lumia 950 maybe close to 2020 I will hop onto a PCIe supporting X86-CPU W10 solar panel powered mobile Device from Microsoft. My HTC One M8 will remain for occasional fapping reasons due to some app coverage to date.
>>
>tfw z3c
yeah boii
>>
Man I really hope Apple replicates the 5/5S. Never owned an iPhone, but that design is just so appealing.
>>
>>53500362

Good fucking god. Is that what people consider good design these days? Apple's retardation knows no bounds.
>>
>>53500041
>no removable battery
>tfw thinking about getting either the opx or the htc one m8/9 once my smartphone dies on me

both have no removable batteries which sucks desu.. Maybe some phones with removable batteries will be released later this year? I don't have much hope left though.
>>
File: 1457836714792.jpg (74 KB, 599x842) Image search: [Google]
1457836714792.jpg
74 KB, 599x842
My 10 year old daughter has a Redmi Note 2. Why the fuck can't a grown man cope with it?
>>
Where would be the best place to buy a z3c? I just want a place that's fairly reputable with good prices.
>>
>>53500886
because shes using it as a tablet, not to walk around with and do shit with.

Which is all fine and dandy, mind you.
>>
>>53497955
Not that anon but people who buy iPhone are generally clueless about technology. Any deviation from the standard iPhone available means they have incorrect expectations and think that it's broken when it does not meet it, without realizing that they are just expecting it to work and it isn't. I do government tech support through IBM and some of these people think that "this should just work" but they're trying to use the machine outside of the proper use case. Not knowing how something works and having an expectation make for very stupid customers.
>>
>>53497321
The 5 was a great phone for Apple, but the 5c was dog shit. Now it's even more dog shit. And in the future, somebody will say "I love the I phone 6!" Even though the SE sucked dick.
>>
>>53500041
Most customers don't want removable batteries. We aren't going to walk around with spares in our pockets like the turbo autist that you are.
People wanted the SD slot back, now you're mocking them for it? Never win with you /g/ faggots.
Yeah i do with it was RGB stripe and not Pentile, especially for the VR experience but it's still really good and better than even IPS displays with their bullshit backlight and black levels.
Yeah again I'm with you, i wish it was USB-C.

You feel very strongly about people who use things you don't like.
>>
This is the reason I am gonna stick with my Lumia 920 until it dies completely. I like my phone to be able to easily fit in my pockets and be able to do everything with one hand only.

Fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to make every single phone out there a tablet wannabe.
>>
>>53501525
>We aren't going to walk around with spares in our pockets
But you sure like to walk around with power banks instead :^)
>>
>>53501454
>please be of buy more expensive phone my commission is peanuts and salahandra has had 70 more children this week!

Sorry pajeet, no luck today.
>>
>>53503500
I don't, but it's a lot more useful to have a universal and easily chargeable battery bank that anyone can use instead of just a battery specifically for your chink phone.
>>
>>53503589
>Being able to change the battery after it goes bad in a few years is a bad thing
>Planned obsolescence is just fine
Kill yourself.
>>
>>53493897
Sorry friend, literally just the Z(X) Compacts are high end at this point. But hey, at least Sony phones are nice.
>>
>>53498517
>z5c apparently prone to overheat and random glasscracking
First one is confirmed fixed by marshmallow. Second one is isolated from that one sony care thread.
>>
when will they ever learn?
>>
>>53500041
Not even Motorola's budget phones have removable batteries these days. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>53493897
what are some sub 5inch phones?
some that come to my mind
>s4 mini
>s5 mini
>iphone 6/6s (although the bezels are so xbox hueg that it's a 5 inch phone)
>z3c
>z5c
>alcatel idol 3 (i think?)
>>
>>53503603
the battery usually outlasts the phone it's stuck in
>>
>>53505168
unless your phones break down in 3 years then that's bullshit.
>>
>>53505186
most phones are replaced after a 2 year contract
>>
>>53505204
>contract
Sorry, I like my phones to be unlocked and carrier free.
>>
>>53505231
>>53505231

statistical edge case dorklords don't usually get to influence the feature set of consumer electronics meant to be sold to millions of people who don't give a shit about replaceable batteries. sorry
>>
>>53501454
This is based on what speculated specs of the SE?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.