[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to recharge a fully depleted lion battery? such as battery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160301_103808.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160301_103808.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
how to recharge a fully depleted lion battery?
such as battery being at 0% in a device and powering on the device after a few days and the battery shows 2-3% and the device shuts down again
how to recharge a battery in that state?
>>
>>53482238
You plug it into a charger and charge it to 100%. Are you dim?
>>
File: 1453275581000.jpg (74 KB, 707x682) Image search: [Google]
1453275581000.jpg
74 KB, 707x682
plug in cable

simple as that

I don't see your problem here

Voltages at around ~60 - 80% are healthiest for long-term use

bye
>>
>>53482238
just give some water to the poor lion he'll be up and running again
>>
Sounds like the battery is broken. Lithium cells doesn't really survive if the charge drops below a certain level (for healthy cells, 0% is still at least like 2V). Even if you can sometimes rejuvenate it by trickle charging (charging very very slowly at no load), it is not recommended at the battery might get unstable and at worst burst into flames.
>>
File: 1457921868599.jpg (111 KB, 631x693) Image search: [Google]
1457921868599.jpg
111 KB, 631x693
>>
>>53482238
That's the shittiest eye I've ever seen drawn, is this person an autist?
>>
The only way to do it would be to leave it out in a storm and wait for a bolt of lightning to hit it Frankenstein style
>>
>>53482238
occasionally my Nexus 4 completely drains the battery and will not boot up. You have to start it up using some button combination that lets you charge it for a while without it draining the battery faster than you can charge it.
>>
I've left a battery in the freezer for a few days and that seemed to help it hold a charge.
>>
>>53482289
underrated kek
>>
>>53482238
Stack charging
>>
>>53482238
>fully depleted lion battery
you killed it, moron. you can't recharge it now. buy a new one.
>>
>>53484864
What's the point of lithium ion batteries if you're only supposed to discharge it to 80 percent? Might as well just use batteries that have 20% of the capacity and don't degrade from deep discharge as much.
>>
>>53484899
i don't know of any 80% rule. just keep your device plugged in when not in use. that will keep your li-ion optimally charged and prolong battery life. other than that, don't worry about it.
all battery architectures have annoying side behaviors but none packs as much energy in so little space as li-ion. this is why they're so popular.
>>
>>53485146
>just keep your device plugged in when not in use

Pretty sure this is why most people's phone batteries turn to shit after a year or two. The rule is normally try to keep it between 10/20% up to 80/90% to prolong the life of the battery along with using fewer amps to charge.
>>
>>53482238
>fully depleted lion battery
they're not battery powered, you dickwad. you killed a lion.
>>
>>53485241
Yeah, I've seen conflicting advice on this, but I was always under the impression that a constant trickle charge can be bad for battery life. Maybe phones are a bit more intelligent now with charging, I know that some of them do stop charging when they've been at 100% for a while and will go down to about 95% before they start charging again.
>>
>>53484899
When your phone is reporting 1% battery, it isn't literally 1% left. Li-ion batteries need to keep some charge or they become useless, so your phone will shut off long before that happens.
>>
File: kek7.png (377 KB, 610x606) Image search: [Google]
kek7.png
377 KB, 610x606
>Lipo
>0%
>recharge
>nice meme OP
>>
Tits or GTFO
Goddamn this thread is full of newfags
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.