[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List memes that will die in the next 5 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: canstockphoto5722145.jpg (221 KB, 1600x1219) Image search: [Google]
canstockphoto5722145.jpg
221 KB, 1600x1219
>just had another customer come in with a dead SSD after updating his drivers
>most likely from volatile read/write modes of flash memory
>>
Linux
>>
steam
>>
desktop PCs
>>
Windows 10.
>>
>>53475288

SATA SSD will definitely be dead soon.
The speeds are going to explode through the roof this year, so they're not going to cut it for that long.

Probably going to turn into U.2 or M.2 or whatever is out there.
>>
niggers
>>
OP
>>
File: phone_comparison_x86_vs_arm.png (162 KB, 1079x425) Image search: [Google]
phone_comparison_x86_vs_arm.png
162 KB, 1079x425
Hopefully ARM.
>>
HDDs
>>
>>53475417
>reliable forms of storage will ever go away

Spot the retard
>>
>>53475412
this, fuck these angry birds processors.
>>
PC GAMING
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (58 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
58 KB, 480x354
kek
HDDs are done for
SSD prices are dropping
HDDs can't compete in speed or capacity

I don't know what shitass SSDs your customers have. I work in a datacenter the Intel 520 and 530 and the Samsung 840 and 850 Evo (not event the Pro usually) are more reliable than the WD RE4 HDDs.

I, for one, welcome our new SSD overloads.
>>
>>53475386
If only.
>>
Mechanical Keyboards
>>
computing devices
>>
internet
>>
File: blu-ray_discsvg[1].png (15 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
blu-ray_discsvg[1].png
15 KB, 386x386
>>53475288
>>
>>53475479

please be heard
>>
>>53475489
Pretty much this.
HDD's will still have some commercial applications, as well as for cold storage, similar to tape drives.
>>
>>53475489
I word for a tech retailer. I'm seeing what appears to be the same trend. RMA and returns on SSDs are more rare, then HDD's. And that IS taking into account disks sold at the same time.

It just looks like SSD's live longer, which in turn is not great for a retailer, leading us to bong out discounts on HDD's to get people to buy them over the SSD's.

The price-per-gigabyte has been doing a fine job keeping the SSD market small, but with the falling prices, more people are getting them.
>>
>>53475288
old fags
>>
>>53475288
4chan
>>
Digital games as a product instead of a service.
>>
Wasting money to craft badges on steam to level up.
>>
ECC memory
>>
Shit posting
>>
Prebuilds and laptops
>>
people are accustomed to 32 gigs on their phone and think nothing of buying a desktop with only a 256 gig SSD.
>>
>>53475288
cloud computing and cloud storage.

cloud computing requires the data to go from your device to a server and back. not viable when time is a factor and you dont live in the same state as the server. its more viable to skim processing power from devices in the area than wait for data to do the round trip across the bost of america or from cost to cost

cloud storage isnt as good as a vack you have because of security. how will hackers get anything on a sdhc card? pretty sure if you can upload shit than others can download it then there is the spying shit like windows 10 but for services and its just a matter of time before some one steals something and a law suit blows the lid off of everything. it might even be a international incident
>>
>>53475986
the meshnet is on its way
>>
>>53475667
>our products are working fine which is not good for us
Fucking shills, man.
>>
>>53475288
SSD's are nice and should be used in laptops to eliminate the moving mechanical parts in a regular hdd, but the faster boot up time isn't really worth it, even waiting an extra two seconds to open a huge app isn't worth it.

I mean you could even just use a ramdisk for that if you needed super speed.
>>
>>53475288
/g/
>>
>>53475288
le iPhone
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.