[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this feel so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7
File: CertifiedShitWrecker.jpg (19 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
CertifiedShitWrecker.jpg
19 KB, 200x300
>you will never, EVER, beat the most advanced AI in Go
>you will never, EVER, be able to say that your mind's computational power is stronger than 1202 CPUs and 176 GPUs put together
>you will never, EVER, feel the supreme pleasure of shocking the entire world with your intellectual might and figuring out an AI in 3 games that had the planet's brightest minds as its creators
>you will never, EVER defend humanity's honor and uniqueness and win
>you will never, EVER, be a literal masterrace South Korean/Chink
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x536
REMOVE ROBOT
>>
He lost 3/4 times though.
>>
>>53469274
Him losing was the expected result, he was he underdog from the beginning. The fact that he made a supercomputer go "I dunno lol" AT ALL is an impressive feat, although it's equally impressive that there exists an AI that knows when to admit defeat. Good showing on both sides.
>>
>>53469274
He got the AI all figured out. It can't handle playing with white stones as well as black stones for starters.
>>
>>53469380
Why the hell did they make so the AI forfeit anyway? Wouldn't just be better to keep going even with low chances?
>>
>>53469078
If AlphaGo don't win the last match I will literally kill myself. Fuck humans.
>>
>>53469380
He said he would easily 5-0 the AI before he started playing. The AI is the underdog.
>>
>>53470008
Late game the number of moves narrow down to the point where it's obvious who would win even if they blocked up the whole board with pieces.

>>53470052
What someone says will happen and what other people expect will happen are two different things. He probably should have gone in with a less cocky attitude.
>>
>>53469078
The problem with Japan is that they're practically the results of standardised testing and memorization. They have no creative intellect While they can destroy us in working memory for just about any subject, they likely will never know the joy of innovating and creating something new, only the hope of refining another persons innovation with something historically more efficient, and then when your wife fucking cheats on you with one of those assholes, you get the joy of knowing that you get to keep the house, and she has to sleep in the car, because JENNA FUCKED UP. SHE FUCKED UP.
>>
>>53470037
It will, don't worry.
>>
>>53470008
Nobody forced it to do anything. The probability of winning was so low that it met the threshold for resignation, which lead it to signal to its human operator to do, manually, which he did.
>>
>>53470104
>What someone says will happen and what other people expect will happen are two different things. He probably should have gone in with a less cocky attitude.
That why the AI is the underdog. He is a cocky asshole who thinks he can beat the AI no problem. The AI went and trained for 6 month to beat him.
>>
>>53470244
Google is sponsoring the AI development.
I don't care how cocky the asian man is, I want him to win.
>>
>>53470146
>They have no creative intellect
>Japan literally exports its pop culture to the whole world
>It managed to get young people's attention because they liked it, not because they actively try to export it like America
>>
>>53470146
Nips are way more creative than others. If you're saying the West is more creative you're dead wrong. The population difference is huge first off, and secondly the japanese are at the forefront of scientific research including technology, robotics, genetics, and creative media such as anime. Granted, they're not as 'open minded' as westerners to the point of having their minds fall out wherein importing millions of muslims that are in constant conflict with their surrounding makes sense. Die.
>>
>>53470267
Cool japan is over man.
Korea is beating them in every forefront even if all korea has done is rip off japan since the beginning of time, all because they're not afraid to shamelessly copy others.
>>
>>53469141
Sauce?
>>
>>53469078
what does this have to do with japan you retard. also why do you faggots always spout the same shit. being able to retain info is a large part of intelligence. how is memorization a bad thing. also i like how you faggots always point to "muh creativity" everytime as if it's any real indication of intellect. you're just grasping at straws there. i mean, people call fucking 10 year olds "creative" but it doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>53470329
Animatrix, pretty good spinoff on the trilogy. I think it's on netflix.
>>
>>53470494
Invariably it's arrogant westerners who think they're hot shit and always cling on to the muh creativity meme if you point out that japs (and other select asian countries (e.g. taiwan, hongkong, south korea) far exceed them in intellectual capability (e.g. IQ, standardized test results, etc.) and go a step further by portraying asians as robots who lack empathy and emotion (this is largely perpetrated by amerisnacks who think they have any sort of genuine empathy/moral highground to stand on BAKA)
>>
>>53470146
He's not Japanese though.
>>
>>53469078

>your mind's computational power is stronger than 1202 CPUs and 176 GPUs put together

You mean smarter than the programmer? A tool is only as effective as the person who wields it.

Its like beating a ferrari going 5mph driven by someone with impared sense. You're beating the person, not the machine.
>>
>>53470714
I thought AI was supposed to learn?
>>
>>53470727
Just stop posting and read up on this shit or something, please.
>>
>>53470733
No.
>>
>>53469078
I would be willing to bet $100,000 that if they played 1,000 games, his win rate would be below 1%.

>>53469380
>The fact that he made a supercomputer go "I dunno lol" AT ALL is an impressive feat
It's about as impressing as rolling a Yahtzee. Pure luck.

>although it's equally impressive that there exists an AI that knows when to admit defeat.
It's just hard-coded to resign when its chance of winning is below 10%.

>>53469397
Irresponsible conclusion drawn from a small sample size.
>>
>>53470714
Not really. That setup is very generous. If they doubled the hardware the AI would probably have more time to get to the best move. It IS time-restricted and you can blame that either on the hardware or the software or both. However since the software is already there, the easiest thing to do would be beef up the hardware some more. Although you could optimize the software too for sure. Point is, it's not purely a matter of who's wielding the hardware since it IS hardware limited. The ferrari analogue isn't really accurate.
>>
>>53470761
Most of Alphago's strength doesn't come from the hardware capability, it comes from the neural network.

If you want to boost AlphaGo's chance to win by an order of magnitude or two, train it on all recorded professional games for a longer period of time.

They only trained it on some high-rank amateur online games. It basically learned from idiots, and it still managed to use enough of this knowledge to beat professionals.
>>
Wow, he's good at something. But I bet he can't name every single Pokémon, or recite every line from every My Little Pony episode from memory.

Just cause someone is able to learn how to move white and black checkers across a grid doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: 1453953998590.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1453953998590.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>53470262
>Google is sponsoring the AI development
probably also written by a fair share of asians

it's definitely impressive, but it's hard to say how impressive it is without having an idea what the AI's strategy is that makes it so difficult to beat.

don't get me wrong, even if he lost all the matches he'd still be an impressive person.

>>53470636

this may all be true, I don't really see why it's important here because east asians are the most numerous race on earth, so it's not surprising the most intelligent humans will likely be east asian
>>
>>53470788
The AI played literally millions of games against itself though. And it needs to find the best move in under a certain time before it's forced to provide a move. Stronger hardware would help in that regard.
>>
>>53470874
NNs can't think outside the box, it can only refine its own strategy.

Give it a stronger initial data set and it will probably come out stronger.
>>
You just have to be random, the AI won't be able to counter reckless playing. It knows a shit ton of possible strategies, but if you're not playing acoording to an existing strategy, it'll shit the bed.
>>
>>53470835
The largest asian country that accounts for a big portion of the asian population (i.e. china) are poor and live surrounded by carcinogens. Don't think it's fair to compare that to the 'West' 'composed' of basically europe and the US/Canada which all together make up some 1 billion people (~700m europe, 300m US, 30m canada.)
>>
>>53470952
Are you just making shit up as you go along?

AlphaGo doesn't ‘counter’ your strategy. IT doesn't need to. It just plays the statistically optimal move in every turn.

Holy shit this incessant flood of made-up garbage by people who have no fucking clue what a DNN or MCTS is is making me lose faith in humanity.

Good bye neo-/g/, time to add these threads to the filter.
>>
>>53471001
See you tomorrow fag
>>
>>53471001
What is it going to do when you just randomly move without making any advancements?
>>
>>53471001
People mentioned how the AI operates each move as a statistical optimal. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Literally nobody would care or miss you if you left.
>>
>>53470952
u r retrd
>>
>>53469078
>>you will never, EVER, beat the most advanced AI in Go
No surprise here. I suck at Go.

>>you will never, EVER, be able to say that your mind's computational power is stronger than 1202 CPUs and 176 GPUs put together
This doesn't make me feel bad so much as impressed with the power of the brain. However it's a VERY poor comparison. Any moron can probably pretty easily beat those 1202 CPUs and 176 GPUs at telling puppies apart from kittens. Yet a single 8086 easily has the best of us beat at performing calculations.

>>you will never, EVER defend humanity's honor and uniqueness and win
I may have just done do, by solving the captcha to make this post, in only one try.

>>you will never, EVER, be a literal masterrace South Korean/Chink
True on that one, though race doesn't mean that much.
>>
>>53471041
Make its own advancements while you make shitty moves, presumably.
>>
>>53471142
He can't win if you just play defensively and randomly.
>>
>>53470313
>robotics
Nigga the Japs ain't got shit on Boston dynamics
>>
>>53470146
Do you paint everyone in your life with such broad strokes?

You just have to look at how creative Japanese music is even if it's not good to know that's not true. What about the Gook board you're posting on? Where do you think your memes and youtube poop came from? Let's just ignore there innovations in electronics, cars, and pretty much anything that contributes to your neet fat fuck life.

God you're fucking dumb
>>
>Google's AI defeats top Go player in Go

>Amazon keeps recommending me phones because I purchased a phone from them a couple weeks ago

Get your shit together, Amazon!
>>
>>53470980
Stereotyping china when they have a lower amount of people living in poverty than the U.S.A. is a silly attitude.
>>
>>53471131
>I may have just done do, by solving the captcha to make this post, in only one try.
Just so you know, you are training the AI solving captchas
>>
File: 1451701589227.gif (2 MB, 210x155) Image search: [Google]
1451701589227.gif
2 MB, 210x155
>>53469078
dat sexy voice though
>>
>>53470714
>implying any of alphago's programmers are go players
your logic is shit
>>
>>53470146
but you have to be an inherently a creative person to be a good go player.
>>
>>53470756
>I would be willing to bet $100,000 that if they played 1,000 games, his win rate would be below 1%.
Why would you be willing to bet that after four matches? Especially when OmegaGo isn't learning during the matches.
If he wins the next match then expecting anything below 33% over 1000 games would be lunacy.
>>
>>53471131
>I may have just done do, by solving the captcha to make this post, in only one try.
You're not really "defending" humanity's honor or uniqueness by solving captchas though because for now, nobody thinks an AI can do a better job at it than the average human.
>>
>>53470329
Time of Eve, prequel to The Animatrix.
>>
>>53470146
This has been the trend, but I wouldn't dismiss the disruption that will surely come from them as part of the Asian century.
>>
>>53471248
Or you just memorize all possible actions and counter-actions in all possible starting scenarios, which is what the machine does.
>>
>>53471165
japanese go was VERY conventional just recently, now it's somewhat moving forward
koreans are pure fighters, they think early game is for twats(and get beaten because of it, at least on lower pro levels)
i'd love to see japanese pro play against alphago, they know how to remove a fight from the game and still win
would be fun to watch or at least very different game
>>
>>53471178
Kek, I'm not 'murican, but China has the most poor people.
>>
>>53470739
Then fuck off.
>>
>>53471278
Very much an extreme oversimplification but ye.
>>
File: s320x240.jpg (19 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
s320x240.jpg
19 KB, 320x239
>>53471278
wow, real retards actually exist
>>
>>53471295
not proportionally
>>
>>53471296
You first fag
>>
>>53471217
Yes. It now has many orders of magnitude more experience in its learning set for it, and it still can't beat me.
>>
>>53471303
Well you see one every morning in the mirror so it seems so.
>>
>>53471217
Yes. It now has many orders of magnitude more experience in its learning set for it, and it still can't beat me.

And it couldn't even tell that the crisp black numbers on a white wall it showed me said 175 clear as day, and told me I was wrong.
>>
>>53471311
I'm actually here to help push AI to a better future. You are here to troll and spout bullshit like you know what is happening.
>>
>>53471343
wow how about you calm the fuck down first
>>
>>53471278
AlphaGO played probably a billion games in it self reinforcement state and it still lost to a meat-bag in 4 games.

I don't think it's fair to say maybe a billion games more will make it unbeatable.
>>
>>53471156
All it needs is a score higher than you.

If you play randomly you will have a hard time acquiring points while it can just secure points in the most efficient way around your random play.

All you will do is look like an idiot.
>>
>>53471372
Well tbqh, I don't even know anything about the fucking game.
>>
>>53471363
for one go is not chess, why do you think it took 40 years to come this close? when ai could beat chess players almost instantly?

you think it's some kind of simplistic variants calculation approach - if it worked it would've been solved years ago
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (18 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
18 KB, 426x382
>>53471361
literally btfo
>>
I wonder if that computer would beat pro poker players when it will have to bluff to win
>>
i had never heard of Go until a few days ago
>>
>>53471506
Do you think an AI could beat top MtG players?
>>
>>53471424
Yes? Due to the nature of the game it will make it impossible to make an unbeatable ai because it approaches the game in a human way.

It'll be a very strong go player, but humans will make the creative move and prevail eventually. Hence why billions of board states more evaluated won't affect it's bad game play it displays every once in a while
>>
>>53471527
Read: I am a pleb
>>
>>53471556
Depends on the deck, I bet one could optimally play storm in legacy and do very well.
>>
interesting topic
>>
If he wins the next game they should extend it to seven. See if he has truly mastered the AI.
>>
>>53470267
>exporting pop culture to the whole wordl
i wouldnt count a few fat necktards as "whole world"
>>
>>53471645
Allowing each player to make their own deck. Gotta test some high level shit.
>>
>>53470146
This comment is only funny on reddit desu
>>
>>53472105
That would be a very interesting problem. Just having all the rules programmed would be way more of a hassle than with Chess or Go. I don't know if Magic online has them all.

Surely /tg/ has stopped talking about orc dicks for once and thought about it.
>>
>>53473052
xmage has it programmed
>>
Who /human masterrace/ here?
>>
>>53474035
asian guy beat an ai developed by a team of asians.
>>
>>53471242
I guarantee you that they are well versed in the game or hired pro Go consultants.

How the fuck are you going to design the ultimate AI player of a game without knowing how to play.
>>
>>53474081
Pretty masterrace tier shit desu
>>
>>53471278
A human cannot memorize all 1 × 10^1023 possible games, if memorization was the main component involved the computer would fucking destroy him.
>>
will there be a 5th match?
that would be the interesting one
>>
>>53471041
it'll probably still make complex moves, as it's trained to expect competent opposing moves
i don't think it'd be quite as efficient playing against a player who throws all his moves out, but i don't think it'd be any less likely to win
>>
>>53474264
Yes
>>
i thought it was best out of five.
>>
>>53475051
He lost already but really he won
>>
>>53475051
yea, he lost the competition after the 3rd game, but they're playing all 5 games anyway (it was decided from the beginning that all 5 games would be played no matter what)
>>
can ai understand baneposting
>>
>tfw gugle gimped the AI on move 79 to save ching chong some face
>>
File: goat.jpg (22 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
22 KB, 512x288
>>53469078
Why isn't this guy dominating every esport if he's a literal god?
Something is fishy here
>>
>>53475636
lee played a god move on move 78 which overloaded the ai and caused it to fuck up
>>
>>53475728
>esport
>sport
weak bait /v/ kiddie
>>>/v/
>>
>>53476460
>melee
>/v/

Lurk moar
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.