[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
memefans general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: memefans.jpg (9 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
memefans.jpg
9 KB, 209x241
>expensive
>perform the same as fans that cost half as much
>poo colored
>""""""R&D"""""" costs built into the price are actually the cost of viral marketing and paying shills to shill them on rebbit and /g/

why does /g/ defend this?
>>
File: 91wN1wFlqzL._SL1500_.jpg (314 KB, 1338x1500) Image search: [Google]
91wN1wFlqzL._SL1500_.jpg
314 KB, 1338x1500
>>53459113
The Hyper 212 Evo are meme fans as well but they're well-priced and perform well.
>>
>>53459113
Still wondering why people buy these brown fans anyway?
>>
>>53459139
Yeah, like you said though, they're priced properly, effective, and don't look like an abortion coming out of a woman's infected asshole. They aren't really a meme so much as they are just commonplace.

Noctua is a /r/australia-tier meme
>>
>>53459202
""""""""quality""""""""
supposedly they're quieter than the competition while shifting more air or some shit, but that doesn't justify the 20x markup and literal shit colors
>>
>>53459113
>perform the same as fans that cost half as much

This is only because Intel is using thermal grease between the die and the IHS, so it doesn't really matter how well you cool the IHS, only a fraction of that performance will reach the actual cpu die.

>>53459202
Noctua fans run for 5+ years before getting noisy as all fuck. Any other fan gets used up after 1-2 years, they still perform as new, but they get incredibly noisy.

They are simply the highest quality fans out there.

Also, they are bundled with many accessories - two resistor adapters to run them at a lower speed, rubber pegs for mounting that absorb vibration, and I think they come with an extension cable too but I'm not sure about that.
You can buy B versions of at least one of their fans which is half the price but comes with no accessories. Those are actually pretty sweet deals.
>>
>>53459271
>They are simply the highest quality fans out there.
>Also, they are bundled with many accessories - two resistor adapters to run them at a lower speed, rubber pegs for mounting that absorb vibration, and I think they come with an extension cable too but I'm not sure about that.
>You can buy B versions of at least one of their fans which is half the price but comes with no accessories. Those are actually pretty sweet deals.

spoken like a true noctua sales rep. how many shekels do you get per noctua post in the guts threads?
>>
Still re-re-re-re-posting this thread OP? Did Noctua fan touch you when you were little?
>>
>>53459113
>>53459202

You get what you pay for with this kind of thing, and while Noctua might cost a little more, they're worth it.

I've never had a Noctua fan fail or become noisy in the nearly 10 years I've been using them.
They're quiet, every fan comes with little rubber mounting grommets instead of screws to absorb vibration.
They're high performance, great airflow, and easy to manage with fan controllers.

Trust me, anon, I used to rice my case with $5 fans with blue LEDs, but they were shit, noisy and died frequently.
Pay $30 for a fan and you know it'll keep going.
>>
>>53460030
I don't think kids like OP remember the days when most fans on coolers were an afterthought, loud and cheap.

Yeah there are fans and coolers that are cheaper and provide similar performance to Noctuas but, like Seasonic PSUs, you are paying a bit more and not having to scour reviews and forums to know if you are getting something good.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 200x252
>>53459113
When did /g/ become full of fucking poorfags holy shit? If you can't afford $30 for a quality fan in your computer rig full of expensive equipment then you should probably get a real job. Hell even people I know who work at McDonald's in minimum wage can afford paying all their bills, going on vacations once a year and a $2000 computer with whatever the fuck fans they want. Why do you defend being a buttmad poorfag? Riddle me that retard
>>
Whats the best 120mm fan out there? I'm planning on filling all 7 fan spaces in my case.
>>
>>53460116
The only reason people shit on the price is because it's the same as a five dollar fan. No one complains about scythe because their fans are worth it and not shit colored memes
>>
File: cnps9700-led-large.jpg (358 KB, 2250x2106) Image search: [Google]
cnps9700-led-large.jpg
358 KB, 2250x2106
Zalman master race.
>>
>>53461092
Zalman copper designs were pure sex.
>>
>>53459113
its quiet tho
>>
>>53461092
Best air cooler around. Fuck noctua meme fans
>>
>still using air
>not watercooling in 2016
Literally no excuse.
>>
>>53461511
I hope you're not referring to closed loops because that would be insanely retarded.

>the noise of the pump
>the results of an air cooler
>the risks of failure
>no where near the quality of an open loop
>costlier than air cooling

Closed loop users are actual mentally disabled persons
>>
>>53461578
Just like noctua users are cucks
>>
File: 1388363533370.gif (906 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
1388363533370.gif
906 KB, 450x360
>>53461578
They're for normies who don't maintain their shit regularly and want to look cool.

Noctua makes reasonably-priced meme fans that can overclock, stay cool and stay silent under load, something the hyper 212 or scythe fan can't.
But what do you expect from the board that buys used laptops, chink shit and can't afford a proper OS.
>>
>>53461841
Cuck
>>
>>53461919
He's right though. The 212 can't handle high OCs and you need one of those fuckhueg towers to handle it or water.
>>
>>53461841
>can't afford a proper OS
Anon, the best OSes are all free.
>>
The last thread wasn't good enough for you? I mean it had like 200 replies. Is this going to be a daily thing now? /ng/ - Noctua General ?
>>
>>53461963
The fuckhuge towers from thermalright and be quiet aren't memes though

Noctua does the job worse on all counts aND looks like poo
>>
>>53462134
The equivalent to the famous Noctua NH-D14 and its successor the D15 is the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 which is the same price.

Performance is very similar and I don't know if Be Quiet offers the same service of offering a free update for new mounts. Also the Noctua warranty is 6 years vs 3 for Be Quiet.

Can't go wrong with either but Be Quiet is a sidegrade at best.
>>
>>53459139
i had one of these fail on me fast. replaced it with a cougar vortex and got much better results.
>>
>>53461092
>quiet cpu cooler
bullshit

zalman coolers are BRRRRRRRRRRRRR tier
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.