[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Integrated Graphics: Intel vs Amd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 599x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 599x286
I know you fags will argue over anything
>>
Intel because by far best linux drivers
>>
>>53449085
>CPU
>Drivers

Fucking what?
>>
>>53449044
>all GHz are the same
also,
Intel has faster CPU power while AMD has better graphic performance
>>
>>53449044
The FX 6300 came with a better stock cooler.
>>
>>53449085
>not choosing intel just because blue is for boys

What a faggot
>>
>>53449110
do you even know what's this thread about?
>>
>>53449110
Not that it matters on an FX6300, but most CPUs have built in GPUs which require drivers.
>>
>>53449044
intel, since i915, mesa and the upstream kernel drivers are actually FOSS and not weird and inconsistently available like AMD's
>>
AMD has better integrated graphics.

AMD is also doing much more interesting work in GPU software. If I remember correctly, they had more involvement in OpenCL than Intel did and supported it before Intel. They are developing Vulkan and HSA, both of which look promising.
>>
File: 74847.png (35 KB, 650x337) Image search: [Google]
74847.png
35 KB, 650x337
AMD absolutely massacres Intel on the gpu front until you hit Iris Pro (and that doesn't come cheap).
>>
>>53449447
The non pro iris cpu SKU's aren't that expensive and still wreck AMD's.

Also,
>720p
>>
>>53449085
Intel's open source driver can't deliver playable framerates and only supports OpenGL 3.3. AMD's open source driver on the other hand is of the same quality as Intel's but supports OpenGL 4.1 and can run games with a playable framerate.

Nobody gives a shit about how poor the quality of Catalyst is, nobody should be using that shit.
>>
>>53449044
That AMD CPU has much lower IPC compared to the intel one, therefore amd has a bump the clock core speed of their CPU higher to make up for that but its still not enough
>>
I have A10-7300 (R6) in my laptop and it is absolute unusable shit and I want to kill myself
>>
>>53449852
What're you trying to do with it? Like you can't even run something low intensity and older like Rome total war?
>>
>>53449852
wat OS are you running
>>
>>53449534
Considering only the i7 5775C is capable of beating the 7850K on a die shrink, triple the cost and still using 40% more die space, the 7850k is not that bad. Of course, any sane being wouldn't use the FM2 on anything but MOBA gaymen or maybe compact OpenCL/GL applications. Linux drivers are actually not that bad for Carrizo APUs right now, especially open source. I'm guessing the i7 5775C uses the iGPU to accelerate x264 encoding on chip for rendering applications. Last I checked (about 2014), Kaveri drivers on Linux performed within 20% of catalyst drivers. I use a dGPU though, so these I don't really care about.
>>
>APU

AMD has better integrated graphics

/thread
>>
The i5 is meant to compete with the fx 8 core. The i3 with the 6 core.
>>
How are the new iGPUs in the Skylake chips? The 530 vs. say the 7850K?
>>
>>53449447
>unironically using igpus in anything but a laptop
>>
>>53449447
this, HSA is pretty based and intel can only compete by throwing a small chunk of super fast ram for Iris Pro to use, which still is good but as you said expensive.
>>
>>53453766

AMD has bet a lot on HSA and quite frankly despite the slow adoption the principle behind it IS the direction software will take. Even more amusingly Intel will be the one to see the biggest gains as even a little gpu grunt can massively accelerate some tasks that choke a cpu.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.