[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Enjoy this add-on? The developer of this add-on asks that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 30542198.jpg (43 KB, 450x389) Image search: [Google]
30542198.jpg
43 KB, 450x389
>Enjoy this add-on? The developer of this add-on asks that you help support its continued development by making a small contribution.
>>
>>53443701
>if everyone contributed 3 dollars (the price of a small cup of coffee!) then Wikipedia could cover their costs in a single day.
>>
>>53443701

I wonder if anyone of those guys actually makes money
>>
Tampermonkey does this once, and when you hit no it just says "OK" and fades away
>>
>>53443853
LOL. Nope.
>>
I've donated to firefox addon developers before

I also buy software

Having a job isn't the end of the world NEETs
>>
>>53444012
I'm not NEET; just frugal to the point of Obsessive complusion. I could be a billionaire and still retain these ways.
>>
>>53444012
haha what a faggot. not only do you project your insecurity by calling us neets, but you wasted your money donating to fucking browser addons. somebody dox this fag to oblivion.
>>
>>53443733
Give me wikipedia. I put it on my hdds and host it at home with my raspberry pi and 100kb/s upstream.
Fuck the haters, it costs me 10 euro electricity a year, adfree and begging-free forever.
>>
>>53444044
Well that sounds more like a mental disorder

>>53444049
>dox me
you must be new here
>>
>>53443701
So?

>>53443733
Not this is annoying, they should just run adds already.
>>
>>53444012
it's more like what's the point? too much of a hassle. also, software intrinsically has very little if any monetary value, at least these days. everything is so ubiquitous.
wonder what the future brings.
>>
>>53444012
Punk. Fuck your ass. I could tie you up. Fist full of flowers I present to you. I could open and give or clench, crush, and destroy those flowers as I strike you.

Tred lightly in the shadows, mack!
>>
>>53444044
did your sister "borrow" some amount of moderate amount of money when you were a child and never returned it too?
>>
>>53444077
no but your mom borrowed my nuts when i dunked them into her gaping asshole.
>>
>>53444064
I get that, for me it was just when I started working, paying for things became less of a problem. for a while I kinda just threw money about like an idiot.

Nowadays I'm more sensible, but some firefox addons i've literally used daily for use, so $5 was nothing.
>>
>>53444064
>it's more like what's the point?
Rewarding good work? Buying software from multibillion companies is silly but there is nothing wrong to support some hobbo dev who made some useful addon.
>>
>>53444012
>Having a job isn't the end of the world
it really is
t. wagecuck
I wish I was NEET
>>
>>53444062
If they start running ads then their advertisers can force them to censor content that they don't agree with.
>>
>>53443982
you're telling me the guy who made classic shell is broke? he has millions of downloads.
>>
>>53444098
There are jobs that aren't shit
I go to work and talk shit with coworkers for a few hours, it's nb
>>
>>53444089
dude have some standards
my momma so ugly
she uh
i dunno man, you wouldn't get it up is all i'm saying
>>
>>53444097
IT'S JUST INCONVENIENT OKAY?
>>
>>53444107
If the advertises asks for that, they can tell them to suck a dick. There would be still enough advertisers left. Specially product pages seem like a nice place for a "buy it" ad.

At very worst, it will lower the amount of money needed to be donated. In best case scenario, they could skip the annoying ass popup.
>>
>>53444107
why don't they just print it and sell it as physical copies?
>>
>>53444107
those are such fringe cases though. every time that's brought up they always bring out this tired excuse, like it has any real bearing on anything. have they even tried it? I mean, don't get pepsi as a sponsor then or whoever.
>>
>>53444062
most of them don't want to run ads because they hate ads like the rest of us AND people who use addons are likely to have an adblocker addon
>>
>>53444230
nevermind I'm fucking dumb, I thought you were referring to addons, not wikipedia

I don't know why wikipedia doesn't run ads
>>
>>53444239
>If they start running ads then their advertisers can force them to censor content that they don't agree with.
>>
>>53444286
Wikmedia Foundation is enormous. They could easily negotiate with an ad provider to get a custom contract to prevent that
>>
>>53444062
Do you want the greatest encyclopaedia on earth to be ad-infested? Are you a cuck?
>>
>>53444450
As if there is a difference between PLZ DONATE banner or few ads. Oh right, they could actually make ads more subtle. It's one of the most popular pages in the web, they don't need to run with pop ups to make some money.
>>
>>53444286
>government
>ads

what?
>>
>>53444506
Fuck wikipedia. Fuck that stupid shithead gummy whales. he can take three dollars in change off the cold hard street. throw coffee on his clothes hot.

ayn rand cuck he is.
>>
>>53444506
They really could make some bucks off a simple ad. Shit, they could run their ad provider and only accept 'safe' ads from real companies and no animations.
>>
>>53444062
>Not this is annoying, they should just run adds already.
I'D RATHER HAVE THE DONOR BANNER THAN ADS.
FUCK OFF, WE DON'T NEED MORE SITES TO BE AD INFESTED.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.