[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stealing GPL code
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Linux_sucks.gif (17 KB, 376x175) Image search: [Google]
Linux_sucks.gif
17 KB, 376x175
I just downloaded some GPLv3 code to cheat on some homework I have. I have done this a number of times in the past. I have no intention of giving the author credit or including the license anywhere in my submission to my instructor. I look forward to taking this practice into the real world where I can steal freetard code, compile it, and then sell it for a profit.

Tell us about times you have stolen freetard code /g/.
>>
>>53436382
I repackaged GIMP with malware.
Feels good.
>>
>>53436403
So you improved GIMP? Have they made you a contributor yet?
>>
I torrented the Arch Linux iso.
>>
>>53436382
>I just downloaded some GPLv3 code to cheat on some homework

what a badass

>this is our version of vandalism in this generation
>>
>>53436412
kek
>>
File: RMS_iGNUcius_techfest_iitb.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
RMS_iGNUcius_techfest_iitb.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
>>53436403
As long as you made the source code publicly availabe.
>>
>>53436512
>implying I did
:^)
>>
God I love fags like you. Especially since we run a plagiarism check on all submissions which influence grading.
Telling these smart asses that they have failed the entire course with a 5.0 one week before the exam is the highlight of every semester.
>>
>where I can steal freetard code, compile it, and then sell it for a profit

You best not get caught, or you're going to get sued out of existence.
>>
>>53436430
M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N
>>
>cheat on homework
you're only cheating yourself
stay retarded
>>
>>53436591
I didn't get caught the last few times I did it. Plagiarism software isn't sophisticated enough to catch anything other than literally copying and pasting the entire thing into your file without altering it at all, and even then they have to scrape the entire internet to find the obscure shit I dig up. I will never get caught.

>>53436608

Same thing here. I can just copy the code at the algorithmic level, then rewrite it. I won't get caught.
>>
>>53436608
>implying I won't just move to Canada and start the process again

#catchmeifyoucan
>>
File: TaTdV.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
TaTdV.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>53436608
>implying freetards can afford lawyers
>>
>>53436641
Like posting about it here wont lead to a mass email about updating plague check.
>>
>>53436685
No, but the EFF would love to help them, and their legal team is ridiculously good.
>>
>>53436691
>OMG someone shitposted on 4chan!

>We must improve the software!
>>
>>53436444
Do you mean plagiarism?
>>
>>53436641
>I can just copy the code at the algorithmic level, then rewrite it.
So you just look up examples, and write your code based on them?
>>
>>53436685
Negger bitte, FSF gets over a million bucks a year in donations and they spend like 90% of it on lawyers.
>>
>>53436754
Pretty much yeah. Only a retard would copy and paste directly.
>>
>>53436685
They can't even afford good UI/UX, of course they can't afford lawyers
>>
>pay thousands of dollars to learn
>skip the learning part
How could this possibly go wrong?

>I'm paying for the degree, not to learn!!
>paying thousands of dollars for a single fucking piece of paper

How are you not ashamed of your stupidity?
>>
>>53436766
How is that "stealing" then?

Are you just that dumb?
>>
>>53436754
>>53436766
But that's not plagarism then.
>>
>>53436713
Nah more of a warning to op that if he says anything more specific that will happen.
I understand these assignments can be a pain.
So long as OP knows how to write code at the courses respective level I see no problem.
>>
>>53436791
I'm not the one paying, it's my parents, you retard.
>>
>>53436382
>homework
Kek, you're only hurting yourself.

It's like being proud of cheating on an exam.
Sure you got your grade but what's the point?
>>
>>53436382
Whatever it takes. I don't care.
>>
>>53436818
Then you're an ungrateful fagola
>>
>>53436800
>>53436804

Some of the code is still copied, just not all of it. Some people would call that plagiarism, or at least academic dishonesty. No one needs to know, certainly not the FSF.
>>
>GUYS LOOK AT ME I'M COPYING GPL CODE FUCKING GET REKT FREETARDS #GANGSTA

How pathetic.
>>
>>53436766
If you rewrite the code to the point where it's not recognisable from the "stolen" gpl code how is it stealing?

GPL is strictly against owning "ideas" copying the way the program works is not a violation
>>
>>53436862
I hope you change names and added unnecessary doubles, check'em if you hadn't.

I cringed at my own joke. I'm sorry.
>>
>>53436382
this is why i license my code in the BSD 3-clause license
>>
File: 1455760570589.jpg (50 KB, 313x163) Image search: [Google]
1455760570589.jpg
50 KB, 313x163
>>53436382
>.gif
Not like average winbabbies have the intelligence to do things own their own
>>
File: conan5.gif (2 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
conan5.gif
2 MB, 294x233
I'm not going to honor any fucking licenses. Fuck you, I'll use it as I please.

You people probably pay for netflix because 'it's the right thing to do'. You're just getting cuk'd
>>
>>53436382
OP I've taken this one step further by finding old open source projects with no visible author and claiming them as my own. I've used this method to land internships and will soon be using it to land a job.
>>
>>53437689
nice
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.