[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of Linus Tech Tips? Worth my time or should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 55065-Broken-Friendship.png (281 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
55065-Broken-Friendship.png
281 KB, 900x900
What does /g/ think of Linus Tech Tips?

Worth my time or should I just do my own research?
>>
LinusShillTips
I watch him for entertainment but nothing else.
>>
File: disgusted trump.png (155 KB, 280x324) Image search: [Google]
disgusted trump.png
155 KB, 280x324
pic related
>>
>>53429002
Linus I Googled that 15minutes ago tech tips fedora.
He's a faggot that gets free shit. And thinks antifreeze is just fine to use in your PC.
What more do you need to know?
>>
File: linus and the sinus.jpg (116 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
linus and the sinus.jpg
116 KB, 580x386
LinusShillTips isn't /g/. It's >>>/biz/.

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic /g/ related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to >>>/biz/.
>>
>>53429045
Jesus Christ, anon. Fucking savage. Like, Goddamn, man.

Also, if that is his wife to the right, she scares me
>>
>>53429045
This. Simplyand utterly this
>>
Did you guys see Linus's LinkedIn?
It's all social studies shit. Not a single fucking tech related course or study.
You'd expect a faggot shilling tech and having a tech channel to at least show some fucking effort and validity by taking up at least one or two easy tech courses to prove that he can read a fucking book, do some basic math, and pass a test based on it, or at least to prove that he is mentally capable of reading academic papers on tech that he shills.
But the faggot can't even do that bare minimum easy shit.

FUCKING TECHNIGGER HAS MORE TECH EDUCATION THAN LINUS. Even the nigga put some effort to give himself some validity in the tech field.
Meanwhile, at CrackerShillTips...

Fucking KEK.
>>
File: 1405739003588.png (861 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1405739003588.png
861 KB, 1920x1200
>>53429002
Biggest fucking shill. I know he have to be shilling in order to get products to try out, however that doesn't justify shilling certain products.

A good example would be the video they actually put up on the channel where Linus & Co are being pampered by nVidia and softened up for their new card release. Just take a fucking look at tell me they aren't being buttered up for biased reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4jckd7J4ko
>>
Any and all varied opinions on things are "worth your time" only contrarians will tell you otherwise. If you're going to make a purchase look at what everyone has to say on it.
>>
>>53429002
>Worth my time or should I just do my own research?
Implying Linus does ANY research before he puts power tools through his electronics
>>
Do your own research nigger. It takes you a day of reading e-books, reading wikipedia, and noting down everything you have learned about each individual hardware.
That day translates to a lifetime of being capable of instantly and objectively discerning what to buy and what not to buy by looking at the material shit's built out of, and the PDF specs which you connect to what you've learned.

Only the most moronic idiots will tell you to seek opinions from label readers over doing personal education that won't even take as much time as listening to a retard on YouTube shill shit in the long run.
>>
>>53429045
that's mean. you should feel bad
>>
>>53429002
This is not his video, but he mentioned this ''product'' in the middle of one of his recent videos. Can't really remember which one, hence I'm not posting the link to his actual video. https://youtu.be/eabJ4MGV5Lo
>>
Hes just a fucking virgin idiot who thinks baking a failing videocard woill magically repair a faulty GPU, thats all you need to know.
>>
>>53429570
>Hes just a fucking virgin idiot
Are you implying that the baby his Asian wife bore isn't actually his?
I'm inclined to believe it.
>>
>>53429481
Thanks anon. Needed to hear that ATM
>>
Linus is alright to watch if you use it just because you're too lazy to read spec sheets.
He's review on products are okay, but his projects suck ass. He is an uneducated idiot who goes balls deep into things he knows nothing about; just because it isn't his money.
I think he should take a step back and just be a 'consumer' who has a tech channel for the consumer, instead of trying to be the 'almighty' when clearly he can't fit those boots.
>>
daily reminder Linus is an ignorant manchild with just enough carisma to attract an audience built by ignorant manchilds with no carisma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0
>>
>>53429570
Actually that's false. He explained why it would work, and he has children. Never change /g/
>>
>>53429753
hi Luke!
>>
>>53429753

except i trust more a guy who fixes motherboards on a component level.
here, >>53429688
watch this and cry defending your ignorant carismatic manchildren
>>
>>53429002
Shit
>>
>>53429753
>He explained why it would work
>why it would work
The components on a GPU have differing thermal properties.
Baking a card may fix the pathways, but it's likely that you will ruin some other components in the process and the card will die within a week of "working" after the baking process, if even that.

Even with the luck of the 50-50 chance that it works on YouTube videos, it will still die again within a few days. Something you can inform yourself on by e-mailing those people on YouTube who did it.

The problem is that the problem with the video card could have been a $50 electronic fix at a private repair shop which will easily find the problem components,
but instead you did a full bake-off and now have to replace the whole thing on a 5% offchance that it is the pathways, and then you will still fuck up what were fully functional components.

Of course, understanding this takes an individual to read what individual components on the GPU boards are made out of, and understanding basic thermal physics or at least reading academic papers and specs that overview the thermal properties of components.
Something an idiot like Linus isn't capable of.

Something you are too stupid to figure out considering what you deem as valid "explanation".
>>
His videos and podcast is a bit entertaining, but from what I have heard and seen his technical knowledge is not very good, IMO he is no position to tell others how to do stuff or what hardware to buy.

This video is one example of this: >>53429688

Another that I personally found strange is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE
tl;dr he tests whether cable management matters for cooling performance by stuffing a cabinet full of crap to see if the temps of the components differs.
But the conclusion is very flawed. The results are pretty much identical to the single degree on all the tests, except the last. This should ring some warning bells. It is clear that the CPU and its cooling system has a feedback loop and regulates itself to aim for that particular temperature. When linus stuffed a lot of shit into the cabinet, and the temps stayed the same, he concluded that the "cable management" didn't matter. What actually happened was likely that it did matter, but the CPU throttled itself, or the fans spun up faster, to compensate for the lack of airflow, leading to a seemingly identical result, but in actuality not. And in the video he didn't even mention this as a possible source of error for his experiment. Very incompetent if he didn't even realize, and very misleading if he did realize but willingly withheld the information.
>>
>>53429045
>roachnigger
That's what i have in mind before i read your line holy shit
>>
File: 1457704734047.png (395 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1457704734047.png
395 KB, 900x900
>>
>>53429045
You post this pasta in every LTT thread. Hilarious and original.
>>
>>53429045
Look into those soulless, empty gook eyes. Reminds me of the abyss.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.