[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You find a USB Stick on the ground, what do you do? >my friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: x.jpg (461 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
461 KB, 1000x667
You find a USB Stick on the ground, what do you do?

>my friend gave me a usb stick which he had found in his apartment, he don't know who it is or where it have been.
>i heard something about some new malware that will allow people to configure or change the firmware that are installed on the pin.
>i have plugged it into a computer i do never use and booted parted magic to find that it has 64 GB, and did contain some useless (to me) file. so i formatted it, but is there anyway that i can find out if the firmware is corrupted, or am i just being paranoid, and this does not make any difference to NSA or who ever is fucking us in the ass already?
>>
Put it in a Linux machine. It will show you everything.
>>
who are you quoting ?
>>
>>53428963
My experience
>>
>>53428958
what should i look for, and which tools do you suggest?
>>
>>53428963
>implying
>>
>>53428963
badusb
>>
>>53428943
leave it there

your lucky if it isn't malware, and million to one probability there are nudes of some 10/10 qt.

let alone that usb jammed with capacitors.
>>
I'm so Ṭ̷Ř̥̤̤̻̥̥ͧ̏ͦ̋͑͡Ɨ̘͉̲̯̹͔̿ͯͦ͋͂͡Ǥ̸̷͈͇͉̟̫͚͖͉̼̰̱̩͔̙̖̱̌͑ͥ̐ͤͧ̂͌̃ͬ͟͜ͅĠ̟͓͇̺̭̮̇̄̍̃ͬͣ͂ͪ̽̃̀͜Ɇ̛ͦ̄̓ͪ̇̌̄̒̊̓̾̐͒͋ͭ̀͗̚͝҉̧͙͍̦̣̤͇͓͙̲͍̪̤̻͢ͅṜ͓̠̘̥̼̈́̌ͬ͜ͅḚ̬̯͎͉̙̉ͧ͆̕Ƌ̶
>>
>>53428992
i should perhaps sell it on ebay and get some cash to buy a new use 3.0 16 GB. then let the tard who bought it deal with it, people seams not to care anyway these days
>>
Plug it in.
On one of my Linux machines. Running a throwaway offline system on a Raspberry Pi.
>>
File: sgsg.gif (31 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
sgsg.gif
31 KB, 500x400
SPOOPY USB WITH HIJACKED FIRMWARE
!!!! ?!:(((((((( WHAT DO I DOOOOO /g/ I SAW IT ON /g/ BLOG
Lmao, at the end of the day remind yourself that you have no reputation, no mark in this world and you life is so insignificant that no one would waste their time corrupting DIP/ driver packages, breaking hardware protocol and injecting malicious code to firmware
>but muh buddy gave me spoopy doopy usb and i saw the spoopy firmware HACKED on the internet
You useless piece of stupidity, throw the fucking thing out if you're that Spoopied by the big bad hacker known as the anony-mosfet
Kill yourself and stop attempting a desperate outcry for attention
>>
>>53428988
thats the name
>>
>>53429065
>guess someone had a bad day..
>>
>>53429065
already seen hacked usb so your point is invalid.
>>
>plugging in unknown usb devices
>>
>>53429065
And since your so fucking smart why don't you post some fucking good information on what to look out for your fucking faggot?
>>
>>53429095
I had a fantastic day, love all round
>>53429119
>but myyy wubby buddy gave me spoopy scary USB which probably had backup/readyboost/encrypted memory partitions on it but i don't know what to dooooo /g/ help meeee Sqeeeeeee help me /g/ :(((((((((((((
>>53429158
Like what? Executing sequential power/memory fetch operations and analyzing packets using binary DRAM/ROM/erratic bit testing methodology through a combination of forensic tier hardware and software?
Why?
This thread will be deleted, OP will go back to swallowing chode like a conveyor belt and being the same sack of useless shit as yesterday
>>
File: x_.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
x_.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>53429229
>Kill yourself and stop attempting a desperate outcry for attention
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.