[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Android shit? Wtf happened to my battery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-03-11-14-22-31.png (36 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-11-14-22-31.png
36 KB, 540x960
Is Android shit? Wtf happened to my battery?
>>
>>53428172
Maybe if you didn't periodically eat part of your battery it wouldn't do that
>>
>>53428172
what device?
>>
>>53428172
It is, but i'm not going to pay 800 bucks for a fucking phone.
>>
>>53428172
>unreplaceable batteries
Literal cancer.
>>
Flashing things takes a huge hit on battery. So if you flashed a nightly or something thats probably the reason.
>>
>>53428949
why so
>>
This just happened to me. Do you have CM? Did you find out the answer?
>>
Your battery and phone aren't properly synced, by which I mean letting it drain completely, then fully charging it up and using it until it drains completely should fix it.
>>
>>53428949
^this
>>53429131
Not sure why it takes a lot of energy to flash a room, but i believe when you are doing this kind of operation , the phone doesnt have control in efficiency.
It tries to Max performance to ensure the ROM is flashed correctly
>>
>>53430644
This is bait, right?

Custom recoveries underclock the CPU.
>>
>>53428172
For a $20 phone OS it's pretty fucking great desu
...oh wait, you've paid more than that? Top kek, sucker
>>
>>53431682
They might, but as most of them compress backups they use it 100% that is the reason why they underclock, to prevent overheating
>>53428172
You put your phone on charger, swapped battery and took it off
>>
Clearly OP you're the one who knows what exactly happened to your battery. Either the battery is defective or you did something that is not typical, like flashing a ROM as others said. Then again it might be a misreading by the kernel. I generally do advise getting some app such as Battery Monitor Widget Pro which gives you battery voltage history, which is basically a better criterion for assessing battery percentage (after some time) instead of the fuel gauge used by most phones, which is less dynamic and more error-prone than averaged voltage readings (due to various environmental factors, such as temperature etc.)

If you had such an app you could see whether or not the battery did in fact drop 50% in under like 10 minutes. Anyway, you were clearly up to something, otherwise the battery may be defective.
>>
>>53431745
You are a poor person.
>>
>>53431937
Why? Because I don't needlessly waste my money on gimmicks? What benefit does actually your ebin hexadeca-core fapdragon phone bring besides needing a bigger battery to last a day?
>>
>>53431970
Good camera for starters.

Processing power
Storage/NAND speed/quality
Battery life
Screen quality
Features e.g. splitscreen
etc.

A $20 android phone must be pretty shit. If you disagree I doubt you know what good phones are actually capable of. I say this because I've used both cheap and not-so-cheap phones and the difference is quite significant.
>>
>>53432353
>Processing power
For what, exactly? Do you compile software on your phone?
>Storage/NAND speed/quality
Modern phones don't even have microSD slots anymore.
>Battery life
Bigger battery + bigger screen + bigger specs = zero net benefit
>Screen quality
Good luck enjoying that 1080p display on a 5 inch screen dumbass.
>splitscreen
See above
>Features
Good luck finding a new phone with a horizontal slide keyboard and a dedicated camera button. I have both.
>>
>>53432353
>>53432574
And yeah, better camera is valid, but is a phone camera worth shitting out $400 for a phone? You can get a dedicated digital camera of comparable quality for much less.
>>
>>53432574
I use the phone for somewhat intensive tasks at times such as a server and a router for one thing.

>Modern phones don't even have microSD slots anymore.
They do. The S7 reintroduced it due to popular demand. It's the shit phones that never had them and that's why they'll always be shit.

>Bigger battery + bigger screen + bigger specs = zero net benefit
The benefits are the bigger screen and bigger specs. On top of that, processors are becoming more power-efficient, and so are screens. It's just a matter of time really.

>splitscreen
I use the phone to browse the internet (e.g. wikipedia) as I read lectures/notes (often that I've taken myself), via splitscreen. No I can't take a laptop to a cramped lab. It's asking for trouble. I can also use the phone to annotate my notes clearly, export them in whatever file format I please, modify them effortlessly, and ultimately even print them wirelessly via university printers. That's a lot of convenience.

>Good luck finding a new phone with a horizontal slide keyboard and a dedicated camera button. I have both.
Meh, I got used to a touchscreen keyboard. More room for the screen. A dedicated camera button is quite common (and programmable too, actually.)

>And yeah, better camera is valid, but is a phone camera worth shitting out $400 for a phone? You can get a dedicated digital camera of comparable quality for much less.
This right here is autistic. No one in their right mind would carry a digital camera with them for the off chance that they might need to take a quick picture of something (often unexpected.) It's just not agile/flexible enough when it comes to the situational context in which phone cameras are usually better suited. $400 isn't much. Maybe if you make uh, less than $1500 a month? Not sure, but if you don't make much money I totally understand being frugal about these things since there would be higher priorities (like rent and food.)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.