[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Moto G 2016 >Budget phone >Fingerprint scanner for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: moto-g4-concept-image.jpg (43 KB, 700x502) Image search: [Google]
moto-g4-concept-image.jpg
43 KB, 700x502
>Moto G 2016
>Budget phone
>Fingerprint scanner
for what purpose
>>
Moto G isn't bottom of the barrel. They can afford to put a few features in there. Moto E is indented to be the lowest price.
>>
>>53426648
For the NSA database.
>>
>>53426648
This
>>53427130

And to add the feeling of being up to date with the newer tech. And of course to sell it to you for a higher price.

Anon, don't buy this dogshit.
Get any established chink phone brand like acer, huawei, lenovo.

I have an acer for less than 100$, could not be happier with it. my parents got also cheap acer. and some friends huawei phones.
No complains so far.
They were annoyed that their flagship phones were unserviceable and they had to throw it away after 2-3 years. The did not want to open the phones to do it themselves or give it to a repairshop. Basically they were so angry about their thrown away 500$ that they didn't want to have anything to do with the brands.
>>
>>53426648
I got a LG h340y for $120AUD and I'm happy with it. Snapdragon "quad core" have not found an app that it can't run yet.
>>
>>53426648
Because they're doing NFC for payment stuff.

It's the first time I've considered upgrading since the Moto G gen 1.
>>
>>53427799
Yeah, a simple pin would do the trick.
Also
>trusting your money to android

Paying with your phone is super retarded and a gimmick to sell stuff to dumb shits like you. Don't tell me that it so hard to pull out a card and swipe it.
>>
>getting a Moto G over the Redmi 3 or Wileyfox Swift
>>
>>53427986
>>>53427799
>Yeah, a simple pin would do the trick.
>Also
>>trusting your money to android
>Paying with your phone is super retarded and a gimmick to sell stuff to dumb shits like you. Don't tell me that it so hard to pull out a card and swipe it.

Well, the folks who can't get bank accounts for whatever reason (cash workers, people who don't make enough money to interest banks, etc.) and people where there isn't much banking infrastructure benefit from this.
>>
>>53428087
There's literally no reason not to have a checking account and a debit card
>>
>>53428087
This
>>53428128

It's also cheaper than getting a phone just for paying. And in 99% of the cases you can pay cash.
But of course you will now name 3 specific situations where it is not possible, because you are a huge faglord who want's to win the argument, no matter how silly you get.
>>
>>53428087
I got a phone with NFC pay and it's just easier to just Paypass/Paywave with my wallet instead.
>>
>>53426803
And it would be perfect but they will never put a decent last-gen camera and LED flash on it.
>>
>>53428229
Why? I don't give a fuck about a camera.
It's decent for scanning codes and other fun stuff like translating text but you don't need high quality for that.
>>
>>53428257
Because the camera is the only reason to upgrade to the Moto G.
No LED flash is retarded and I'd rather get a chink phone for the same price than the Moto E.
>>
>>53428049

how fucked is MIUI when used in english anon?

it used to be pretty bad
>>
>>53428339
Not him.
I'd give you a more informed opinion but I killed my Redmi 3.
One single drop from not that high and the LCD is kill, ironically the glass is intact.
Very fragile phone...
>>
>>53428369

good to know, fragile doesnt really work for me. besides that, how did you like it?
>>
>>53428087
>folks who can't get bank accounts for whatever reason
WTF am I reading? Is USA that bad?
>>
File: 20160308_171724_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
20160308_171724_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>53428407
From the few hours I used it, it was pretty decent. The UI looks like a blend of iOS and Android, and ran smooth enough I suppose.
There were some chinese apps pre-installed, some could be disabled. Not sure how easy it's going to be to root or if there's going to be vanilla android ROMs for it.
The Snapdragon 616 and 2GB of RAM put it head and shoulders above the older Moto G obviously, and any Samsung in the same price range.

I got it for my father and I feel pretty stupid about killing it ;_;
>>
>>53426648
>meme fingerprint scanner
>no gyro
>no notification LED

it's absolute shit, even worse than 2nd gen. 1st gen was the only good moto g.
>>
>>53428436
It's a horrible place
But leaving would require too much effort
>>
>>53428206
>easier

Yeah, i bet those 3 seconds you save were worth the several hundred dollars.

Nigger, you are too wimpy to take a card out?
Neck yourself.
>>
>>53428339

Didn't have a problem with it when i had my Redmi 1S. There were a few pre-loaded apps that were in chinese, but you can disable or hide them.
>>
>>53428502
>gyro is not a meme meme
>>
>>53428705
>gyro is not a meme meme meme
>>
>>53428502
1st gen didn't have gyro either
>>
>>53428744
LTE version did.
>>
>>53428705
no gyro = no VR

that's unacceptable in @CurrentYear
>>
>>53428809
>budget phone
>VR
>>
>>53428502
there's a notification LED, it's just hidden which fucking sucks but hey, it's there
>>
>>53428911
google cardboard does not demand high end hardware to work. Moto G LTE is more than enough for HD VR video, youtube 360 and other cardboard apps.
>>
>>53427986
>Swiping cards
>2006+10
Dude, I just insert the card and put my info in, no need to swipe anymore
>>
>>53428436
>Is USA that bad?

Banks in the US have minimum balance requirements (often $300-500) for free checking accounts. That or you have to get your paycheck deposited electronically to the account. Hence anon mentioning cash workers. Even credit unions usually require a $25 to $50 balance to have a member share in the union.

But yes, it's pretty bad. Most US households make so little, and have planned so poorly that losing one month of income would mean entering bankruptcy.
>>
>>53428087
>Well, the folks who can't get bank accounts for whatever reason (cash workers, people who don't make enough money to interest banks, etc.) and people where there isn't much banking infrastructure benefit from this.

ALL PAYMENT SYSTEMS WORK ON TOP OF THE BANKING INFRASTRUCTURE.

if you are unbanked you can't use it anyway.

>>53428436
>>53429042

Not to mention that if you have debts that have been settled by a court, your creditors can literally walk in the bank and withdraw all the money in your account.
>>
>>53426648
>Keep database of prints
>Send to FBI en masse
>Now if you ever commit a crime, they'll already have your prints
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.