[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Switch to Comcast or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 480597370.0.jpg (182 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
480597370.0.jpg
182 KB, 1280x854
So I really want to leave my current provider (WideOpenWest "WoW" Cable). My current plan is 30MB Internet with Basic Cable (nearly all non-premium channels are included). My current price for this package is $110 with no contract. I saw online that Comcast offers an $89 2-year plan that's almost exactly the same. Right now, my here is my bill broken down into specifics: - Base TV+Internet Bundle = $110/month - HDDVR Lease = $13/month - Sports Surcharge = $2/month - Taxes = $5.42/month I will have my own Comcast-approved Cable modem. So, is it worth switching to Comcast for 2 years? Note that I will have to pay a mandatory $49 installation charge which really angers me, but still.
>>
>>53386103
Didnt read any of that.

I have WoW! as well. As bad as they are, they are NOWHERE NEAR as bad as comcast. Are you not aware that comcast was voted the #1 worst company in the US?
>>
File: buster_cool_sunglasses.jpg (31 KB, 499x383) Image search: [Google]
buster_cool_sunglasses.jpg
31 KB, 499x383
>He's considering Comcast
>>
>>53386139
NO, but that wouldn't surprise me. But money is tight right now and that deal just sounds too good. Besides that, how many times would I ever need to call customer service anyway? I've had Comcast before WoW, I actually called WoW MORE than I EVER called Comcast. I honestly don't remember calling Comcast even ONCE during the 3-4 years that I had them nearly 8 years ago.
>>
>>53386174
>how many times would I ever need to call customer service anyway?
a few times a week usually.

Do whatever you want though. What I would do is call wow to cancel because comcast is giving you a much better price and then if they try to keep you then stay and if not then leave. Easy. Fuck ISP monopolies btw.
>>
>>53386168
Well ATT is stuck with Satellite now, so that eliminates them as a possible choice since I live in Chicago.
>>
>>53386103
>comcast
more like cuckcast right?
>>
>>53386103
Comcast has won the worst company in the US award multiple years in a row for screwing over their customers
>>
>>53386253
idk you tell me, i don't have them yet
>>
>>53386194
>Fuck ISP monolopies
>Drop your current ISP and join THE monopoly
>>
>>53386272
give me a NON-SATELLITE alternative in chicago then. There are none.
>>
>>53386291
Yes, that's how a monopoly works.

The point is, you're telling him to drop one monopoly and join an even bigger one.
>>
>>53386270
but a contract is a contract.
As long as I don't have any service disruptions, it should be a smooth 2-years, right?
>>
>>53386305
?

are you retarded?
>>
>>53386305
but despite that fact, the end result for me is saved money, right? At least as long as the 2-year contract is in play
>>
File: 1339129552061.jpg (25 KB, 474x331) Image search: [Google]
1339129552061.jpg
25 KB, 474x331
>>53386308
>>
>>53386327
Don't think you understand how contracts like that work. Did you read the fine print?

Yes, it's cheaper now. In 6 months to a year, they'll jack up the price. Probably to nearly double what it is now.
>>
>>53386291
If you wait you can get Google fiber.
>>
>>53386103
Check if there are any WISPs in your area.
>>
>>53386387
already checked google fiber, even if they come to chicago, I'm in the Suburbs of chicago.
>>
File: wat.jpg (106 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
106 KB, 533x400
>>53386103
>Comcast
>>
As much as everyone says
>Comcast
they really are the best if you're looking for SPEED, unless you have Fiber available to you.

Yes, their customer service is just a bunch of prissy-ass faggots trying to up-sell you shit you don't need. Yes, their pricing is god-awful if you want premium channels and the works. Yes, they are probably spying on everything you do (I got two CaD's for downloading Gintama anime). But they truly do put out when money is on the table and from my experience I've had maybe three evenings of no service (when not in blizzard conditions) in the past 10 years.

If you have other options where you can get the same shit for ~$20 more then go for them. But if you really want that speed, go with Comshit.
>>
A brief message from Comcast...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw
>>
>>53386474
Why lie about where you live?
>>
Comcast has a data cap now, so no.
>>
>>53386474
never had issues with comcast in the burbs, currently pay 75ish for blast plus (they upped the speed for free twice already, clocking at +/-10 @ 105mbit) + basic cable
been with them for years and years, the burbs are well treated by comcast
>>
>>53386103
If you switch too comcast, it would probally be $89 for the first year and double after that.
Read the fine print anon.
>>
>>53386201
ATT in Chicago is satellite? What's up with that they are huge. I live a little south of you (Indy).

Also to OP, if money is tight why are you paying 110/month? Fuck man, drop the tv package and stream/download what you want to watch.
>>
>>53386103
I work for wow as a CCR. Wants some tips ?
>>
>>53387826
whats a CCR and who are the people in charge who make the decisions to slowly and randomly raise your rates for mediocre service?
>>
>>53387826
CCR = customer care representative. ie the people that answer when you call the 1800 number.

regarding the rate increase you can expect an increase once a year (usually around october). Also remember if you have a discount those are normally for 12 months so if you got a 10$ off discount on April, expect that discount to last until next April but you will have an increase at the end of the year anyways.

As always, if you says you want to disconnect services they will transfer to the disconnection (retention / loyalty / winback ) department, in charge of sucking you dick dry by giving you discounts and credits so you stay with wow.
>>
>>53386168
>>53386253
>>53386272
>>53386719
>>53387168
>>53387431
>hurr le comcast is bad

You do realize that Reddit HATES Comcast right?

Stop being like reddit. Reddit is an awful site (4chan, of all sites, knows this), and everything they like, you should hate, and everything they hate, well... There is no reason to hate, because they are most likely wrong.

In short, Reddit's hivemind = brigading an agenda.

Stop supporting reddit's ideals.

Comcast is not that bad. I bet you vote le EPIC bernie sanders too.
>>
>>53388432
Calm down Comcast rep. I posted the video earlier. I don't give a shit one way or the other, but that video (brief message from comcast) is still funnier than hell. Come on... admit it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.